HomeSeer Mobile Beta 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Mobile Beta 3.8

HomeSeer Mobile Beta 3.8 is ready for testing. You can install from the Google Play store.

This version has mainly bug fixes related to startup and page navigation. Please post your feedback and any issues you find.

Note that Landscape is not yet supported (will be added in a future release).

The App supports Android version 5 and later (Lollipop).

Features
    • Customizable dashboard. Add any device, resize, control items to show. Multiple dashboards are supported
    • Device list. Shows all devices, supports sorting and controlling any device and adding devices to the dashboard.
    • Event list. Show all events, run an event, add to the dashboard.
    • Camera list. Shows the latest snapshot from all cameras. Click on a camera to display larger real time view and pan/tilt controls. The camera list is auto updated every 10 seconds.
    • Supports log in from MyHS and local IP.

Getting Started
    To get started, you must have HS3 version 3.0.0.470 or later. You can grab that from here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

You will need to install from the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobile.android

Android Lollipop (v5.0 API21) is the minimum supported OS version. For the best experience, we recommend Android Marshmallow (v6.0 API23) or newer.

We have a knowledge base with some documentation here:

https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/catego...omeseer-mobile

You can also get to this knowledge base from the help menu in the app.

Reporting Bugs / Issues
    If you run into any crashes, you will be prompted with a dialog to submit crash info, please submit this! It will contain valuable information.

If you find a non-crash bug or there is an enhancement you would like to request, from within HomeSeer Mobile select the menu icon (upper left corner) then the "Send Feedback" item. This will start an email. Fill it in and submit. You can include screen shots as attachments. This will create a ticket in our bug tracking system.

You can also post any issue to this forum so others can review, but an issue will not get addressed unless it is in our bug tracker.
    Last edited by JLDubz; September 21, 2018, 01:48 PM. Reason: Added minimum OS requirements
    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Awesome! thanks for the heads up.

Really itching to try this on iOS.

Comment

Can't update: "Error -505"
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Where is this error, in the play store?

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        Can't update: "Error -505"
        πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Where is this error, in the play store?
          Yes.
          The error is actually in Norwegian, but you get the gist.

"HomeSeer could not be installed. Please try again - and if you still get problems, you can get further help here. (Error code: -505)".

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Do you have it installed already? If so, can you uninstall then install again?

Yes.
            The error is actually in Norwegian, but you get the gist.

"HomeSeer could not be installed. Please try again - and if you still get problems, you can get further help here. (Error code: -505)".

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Do you have it installed already? If so, can you uninstall then install again?
              I'm afraid to, to be honest. What if I can't install it again?

Comment

Ok, I took the plunge. Uninstalled. And as I feared, now I can't install it.

Comment

Okay, it's not just me. Another norwegian have the same problem. Could it be related to region/country?

... and it seems by the lack of response in this thread that others might too have problems.

Comment

Ok, I took the plunge. Uninstalled. And as I feared, now I can't install it.
                    Can you please provide me with these bits of information while we research this further:

- What kind of device are you using? (Specific model number is best if you can provide it)
                    - What is the Android OS version installed?
                    - What is the current Play Store version? (Play Store -> Settings -> Play Store Version)
                    - What is the current Google Play Services version? (Phone settings -> Apps -> Google Play Services -> version is listed at the bottom)
                    - Is it all or some people that cannot install it in your region?

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this.

Comment

I have the excact same issue as Moskus.
                      I get the -505 error and can't update.
                      I am using Galaxy S9 with latest updates.
                      Norway user.

Sent fra min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post

Can you please provide me with these bits of information while we research this further:

- What kind of device are you using? (Specific model number is best if you can provide it)
                        - What is the Android OS version installed?
                        - What is the current Play Store version? (Play Store -> Settings -> Play Store Version)
                        - What is the current Google Play Services version? (Phone settings -> Apps -> Google Play Services -> version is listed at the bottom)
                        - Is it all or some people that cannot install it in your region?

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this.
                        - Device: Samsung S8 (SM-G950F)
                        - Android version: 8.0.0
                        - Play Store version: 11.6.18-all [0] [PR] 211882939
                        - Google Play services: 13.2.80 (040408-211705629)
                        - It doesn't seem like it's blocked for every Norwegian user…

Comment

After installing the latest beta, neither my existing screens/devices nor any new ones display controls on the device. Touching them will slide up the controls on a bottom pane... Client is Samsung Note 9 running Android oreo 8.1.0. HS is v.473 Mobile 0.3.8. I did not see this on the previous build.
                          Attached Files
                          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                            After installing the latest beta, neither my existing screens/devices nor any new ones display controls on the device. Touching them will slide up the controls on a bottom pane... Client is Samsung Note 9 running Android oreo 8.1.0. HS is v.473 Mobile 0.3.8. I did not see this on the previous build.
                            Please check the configuration for each of those widgets. Are controls configured to be shown?

Comment

Yup....first thing I checked.
                              My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Working...
                              X