• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a check mark in:
    Enable remote access through MyHS service

Thanks,
    Docfxit

Comment

If you uncheck, then check, what shows in the log?
      Sep-21 23:33:03 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID XXXXX.
      Sep-21 23:33:03 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
      Sep-21 23:33:03 Info Starting the MyHS Service...
      Sep-21 23:32:56 Info Stopping the MyHS Service...

Comment

I found Beta version 3.0.0.478
        I have backed up my HomeSeer folder
        and updated to 3.0.0.478

Now I'm getting an error on HomeSeer mobile Android saying:
        The specified user was not found or the password was incorrect.

Where can I see the user and password for the mobile app ?
        Last edited by docfxit; September 22, 2018, 02:29 AM. Reason: Trying to figure out what is wrong

Comment

Sep-22 00:02:57 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID XXXXX.
          Sep-22 00:02:57 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
          Sep-22 00:02:56 Info Starting the MyHS Service...
          Sep-22 00:02:53 Info Stopping the MyHS Service...

Comment

After updating to ver. 3.0.0.478 and rebooting the computer now when going to:
            https://myhs.homeseer.com/
            I get:
            Code:
             [h=1]Server Error in '/' Application.[/h]  [HR][/HR][h=2][I]Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=314055 for more information.[/I][/h] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif][B]Description: [/B]An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

[B]Exception Details: [/B]System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=314055 for more information.

[B]Source Error:[/B] [/FONT]
            [TABLE]
            [TR]
            [TD][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
            			   <system.web>
            			       <compilation debug="true"/>
            			   </system.web>
            			</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario. [/FONT][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif][B]Stack Trace:[/B] [/FONT]
            [TABLE]
            [TR]
            [TD] 			
             [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] [ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.  	Client IP: 70.235.112.106 	Port: 18921 	Referer: https://myhs.homeseer.com/ 	Path: /login.aspx 	User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 	ViewState: /wEPDwULLTEyMDM3NzA2NDQPZBYCZg8PFgQeD19fQW50aVhzcmZUb2tlbgUgYjZkYTNiNDA3YzkxNDQxMjlmYWNkM2ViYmMwMWU0OGYeEl9fQW50aVhzcmZVc2VyTmFtZWVkFgICAw9kFgICAw9kFgQCBQ8WAh4EVGV4dAUYSG9tZVNlZXIgaXMgbm90IHJ1bm5pbmcuZAIKDxYCHwIFATRkZKAHIAVrIcX7qEIA8vs3ZDmaI8ASygAVZaxX6AVL/diW]  [HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.  See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=314055 for more information.]    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +116    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString, Purpose purpose) +425    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter2.Deserialize(String serializedState, Purpose purpose) +13    System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter2 formatter, String serializedState, Purpose purpose) +40    System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +248    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +251    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +36    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6712    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +245    System.Web.UI.Page.AsyncPageProcessRequestBeforeAsyncPointCancellableCallback(Object state) +16    System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback callback, Object state) +85    System.Web.UI.Page.LegacyAsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData) +255    System.Web.UI.Page.AsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData) +97    ASP.login_aspx.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object data) +97    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +103    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155 [/FONT] 			[/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] [/FONT]  [HR][/HR][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] [B]Version Information:[/B] Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.2106.0 [/FONT]

Comment

Today I am getting the correct login screen when I go to:
              https://myhs.homeseer.com/
              When I go to that URL on the same PC that HomeSeer is running I get "HomeSeer is not running"

Comment

Since you are logging in successfully (not getting invalid username/password) and you've established that the 'backend' is connecting properly, you probably need to get with HS support to verify your account is wired properly on their end.

Comment

Originally posted by docfxit View Post
                  Do you have any idea why this message:
                  Code:
                  [COLOR=#000000]System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID XXXXX.[/COLOR]
                  Isn't mentioned in the starup log?

Is there supposed to be a Service running?

I just got an error on the HomeSeer app on my android.
                  "System not compatible. Please update from 3.0.0.435 to 3.0.0.3.0.0.470 or newer."
                  I ran HS3Updater.exe and it said I was up-to-date.
                  Is there a later version?
                  How would I get the later version?

Docfxit
                  Because HomeSeer Mobile is in Beta you will need to update your HS3 instance to the latest Beta release to match. You can download and install the latest as of right now (3.0.0.478) here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-release-notes

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post

Because HomeSeer Mobile is in Beta you will need to update your HS3 instance to the latest Beta release to match. You can download and install the latest as of right now (3.0.0.478) here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-release-notes
                    See post #18 - looks like he already did that...

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

See post #18 - looks like he already did that...
                      Looks like I forgot to click over into the second page on the topic; my bad.

I concur with your assessment. docfxit, support should be able to help make sure your MyHS account and system are wired together correctly for remote login.

Comment

I placed a call to Homeseer support and the person I talked to suggested that it might be Bitdefender stopping https://myhs.homeseer.com/ from connecting.
                        I have removed Bitdefender, I have run the Bitdefender Uninstall tool. I have rebooted the PC. I have removed all entries left in the registry. I have removed all files with Bitdefender in the file name. I have re-booted the PC. I have completed this after Homeseer support hours so I can't call right now. I will call on Monday. I just want to include this information for other people with the same problem.

Now when I go to https://myhs.homeseer.com/ I get:
                        Code:
                         [h=1]Server Error in '/' Application.[/h]  [HR][/HR][h=2][I]Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=314055 for more information.[/I][/h] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif][B]Description: [/B]An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

[B]Exception Details: [/B]System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=314055 for more information.

[B]Source Error:[/B] [/FONT]
                        [TABLE]
                        [TR]
                        [TD][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
                        			   <system.web>
                        			       <compilation debug="true"/>
                        			   </system.web>
                        			</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario. [/FONT][/TD]
                         		[/TR]
                        [/TABLE]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif][B]Stack Trace:[/B] [/FONT]
                        [TABLE]
                        [TR]
                        [TD] 			
                         [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] [ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.  	Client IP: 70.235.112.106 	Port: 62633 	Referer: https://myhs.homeseer.com/ 	Path: /login.aspx 	User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 	ViewState: /wEPDwULLTEyMDM3NzA2NDQPZBYCZg8PFgQeD19fQW50aVhzcmZUb2tlbgUgMjJkMjc0ZGIwOTVmNGQwMjg4ZDE0NmJiODA4MDUwMzIeEl9fQW50aVhzcmZVc2VyTmFtZWVkFgICAw9kFgICAw9kFgQCBQ8WAh4EVGV4dAUYSG9tZVNlZXIgaXMgbm90IHJ1bm5pbmcuZAIKDxYCHwIFATRkZMc2gW+GlOAwHLzEd7I841qSQ9YwkP7mIwSU/57AR3Q5]  [HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.  See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=314055 for more information.]    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +116    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString, Purpose purpose) +425    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter2.Deserialize(String serializedState, Purpose purpose) +13    System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter2 formatter, String serializedState, Purpose purpose) +40    System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +248    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +251    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +36    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6712    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +245    System.Web.UI.Page.AsyncPageProcessRequestBeforeAsyncPointCancellableCallback(Object state) +16    System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback callback, Object state) +85    System.Web.UI.Page.LegacyAsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData) +255    System.Web.UI.Page.AsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData) +97    ASP.login_aspx.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object data) +97    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +103    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155 [/FONT] 			[/TD]
                         		[/TR]
                        [/TABLE]
                        [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] [/FONT]  [HR][/HR][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] [B]Version Information:[/B] Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.2106.0 [/FONT]

Comment

Couple questions/ideas, you may have already tried some of these but it's a long thread and I have a short memory

1) When do you get the error page you posted? Immediately when you open https://myhs.homeseer.com, or when you submit your login credentials?
                          2) If the latter, try submitting incorrect credentials and see what it does.
                          3) Try logging in from the browser on your phone and see if it has similar issues.

This way you can isolate if the problem is localized to the computer or if it's an issue with your account.

Comment

Greate questions...

1. I get the error "HomeSeer is not running".after putting in my user/password.
                            2. When I put in an invalid user/password I get an error "Invalid username or password."
                            3. When I try from the ap on my cell phone I get an error "Cannot connect to system, might be offline"
                            NOTE: on the phone app I don't know if /what I am supposed to do after selecting the 3 dots in the top right of the screen.
                            It gives me a selection "Connect to Hostname or IP"
                            When I select that It asks me :
                            Connect to:
                            (Hostname/IP address)
                            ? HTTPS
                            (Username)
                            (Password)
                            ? Remember me

Am I supposed to enter any of that information?
                            When should that information be entered?

If I enter the local IP address on my cell phone while my cell phone is on the inside of my router so it shouldn't have anything to do with my router I get : "Failed to connect to 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 with HTTPS checked.
                            Without HTTPS checked I think I connected. I get a screen with a headding of
                            "Dashboard"
                            My Hone
                            There is nothing here
                            Add a widget
                            I have tried adding a widget and it looks like it's adding but if I get out of the app and back in it's not there. And the app doesn't work.
                            When I close the app and go back in I get the error "Cannot connect to system, might be offline" untill I select the 3 dots on the top right and enter my password.
                            If I put in my domain name/password I get: "Username and password is required for this system"
                            NOTE: Of course I may be doing something wrong since I am new to the app and have never seen any documentation on how to use it.

Docfxit

Comment

Can't help with the mobile app as I'm on IOS.

It unclear if you tried connecting from your phone to myhs.homeseer.com using a web browser, like Chrome or Firefox. That way should be able to determine if the problem is localized to your PC or if its your account.

Comment

I don't have IOS. I'm using a Samsung Android.
                                I tried connecting to myhs.homeseer.com in Firefox on my cell phone. I am getting the same error "HomeSeer is not running"

Thanks,
                                Docfxit

Comment

Working...
                                X