Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did make a decision to not support separated children in this app. I will note your request to support separated devices and we will see how many requests we get for this.

The goal of the app is to make is easier for "new/average" users to get going with HomeSeer. To that end, we are "hiding" the root/child relationship stuff as it is VERY confusing. No other system allows for this.

But note this requirement is only in this app, its not a requirement in HS itself. So you can still separate devices in HSTouch if you want, or on the web interface.

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

Errrrrrr... I have a lot of these, and having installed this beta the result is quite the mess

So for example let's take a Fibaro dual-switch wired up to a double-switch at the back of my home. One switch controls the light above the dining table alongside, the other is turning on the outside lights on other side of door. One device controlling two lights configured under two completely different rooms.

I have many cases like this, because why flush twice as much money down the toilet on "single" switches when "double" switches for the same price can do twice as much. So for example I have one inside the wall in my kitchen at the doorway between kitchen and laundry. The Double Fibaro is wired to a switch on one side of the wall controlling the kitchen light, the other side of the wall to a switch controlling the laundry light. This happens all over the place in my home.

I have a Z-UNO that I have wired MANY circuits to. Each one does a totally different task. So for example the Z-UNO is wired to the controller for my blinds in the living room. It is wired to sensors in another room. It is wired to my security system in my General room.

The mobile app is mashing these all together into a totally unusable format.

I fear this is what you plan to do with the next version of HomeSeer as well, which will render me unable to upgrade as that will completely break my entire setup
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich Good morning- Installed HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478 as per your instructions and successfully installed Ios version through Test flight onto my I phone XS running Version 12.1
      Unable to log on to the Beta IOS app since the error I get is " Input String was not in a correct format."
      I am able to access my HS3Pro Account from Laptop and from my Iphone
      Note : My test flight account was sent to rmies1@optonline.net but my HS3Pro is at fmd2104@optonline.net . Would this be an issue.

Here are my support Details from HS3 PRO
      Current Date/Time: 11/8/2018 9:33:18 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows
      System Uptime: 0 Days 13 Hours 19 Minutes 4 Seconds
      IP Address: 10.0.x.x
      Number of Devices: 338
      Number of Events: 71
      Available Threads: 400
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 1
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      Anti Virus Installed:
      License: Registered
      License: xxxxx ( See fmd2104@optonline.net)
      User Name and Access Level: fmd2104 (Admin)
      WAN IP Address: xx.xx.xx.xx
      Web Server Port/SSL Port: 6XXX/ 443

Enabled Plug-Ins
      3.0.19.0: BLLock
      1.3.4.3: Device History
      3.0.0.51: EasyTrigger
      3.0.2.1: Napco Gemini
      3.0.0.31: Nest
      2.0.0.0: SNMPMONITOR
      3.0.0.88: weatherXML
      3.0.0.36: X10
      3.0.1.245: Z-Wave

Comment

The accounts are not linked, so that is not an issue. Does your password contain many non-alpha characters? Maybe there is a character in your password we are not handling. Can you change your pw to something with with just letters, numbers and "!" and see if that works? Just a guess.

Originally posted by rmies1 View Post
        Rich Good morning- Installed HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478 as per your instructions and successfully installed Ios version through Test flight onto my I phone XS running Version 12.1
        Unable to log on to the Beta IOS app since the error I get is " Input String was not in a correct format."
        I am able to access my HS3Pro Account from Laptop and from my Iphone
        Note : My test flight account was sent to rmies1@optonline.net but my HS3Pro is at fmd2104@optonline.net . Would this be an issue.

Here are my support Details from HS3 PRO
        Current Date/Time: 11/8/2018 9:33:18 AM
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
        System Uptime: 0 Days 13 Hours 19 Minutes 4 Seconds
        IP Address: 10.0.x.x
        Number of Devices: 338
        Number of Events: 71
        Available Threads: 400
        HSTouch Enabled: True
        Event Threads: 1
        Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
        Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
        Device Exec Queue: 0
        HSTouch Event Queue: 0
        Email Send Queue: 0
        Anti Virus Installed:
        License: Registered
        License: xxxxx ( See fmd2104@optonline.net)
        User Name and Access Level: fmd2104 (Admin)
        WAN IP Address: xx.xx.xx.xx
        Web Server Port/SSL Port: 6XXX/ 443

Enabled Plug-Ins
        3.0.19.0: BLLock
        1.3.4.3: Device History
        3.0.0.51: EasyTrigger
        3.0.2.1: Napco Gemini
        3.0.0.31: Nest
        2.0.0.0: SNMPMONITOR
        3.0.0.88: weatherXML
        3.0.0.36: X10
        3.0.1.245: Z-Wave

Comment

I was playing with the iPhone and iPad this morning, at one point the iPhone crash and every time I try to re-open I see the connecting screen and then crash, on the log of HS it log Web Server authorized login successful from: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx User: xxxxx every time

I shut off the iPhone, same think, all the time iPad still working.

I delete the apps on the iPhone and re-install, start to work again

Comment

This is an update to my earlier message in post #23.

As reported earlier, after installation on my iPhone everything seemed to operate properly for a short while. After a period of testing and adding a couple of cameras to the dashboard, the list of devices was unavailable on the device screen. I installed on an iPad and got the same empty devices page. Intermittently, one or two devices would appear, but the app would close upon pressing either the 'floor' or 'room' button. After about an hour, the app would close after opening.

I was testing last night at about midnight. This morning, with no changes made to either the iphone or HS3 installation, the devices are properly populated on the device page; both the iphone and ipad. No idea what would explain this. My HS3 Pro has been up and running properly for years; no stability or network issues detected. No idea what changed overnight to resolve this... but I'm glad it's working now!

Comment

What do you suggest for the graphics for a On, Slider and Off control for the Column, Row and Column Spam

Comment

Note that any crashes that you see will automatically send a log to us with debug info, so we will check the crash logs.

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
                I was playing with the iPhone and iPad this morning, at one point the iPhone crash and every time I try to re-open I see the connecting screen and then crash, on the log of HS it log Web Server authorized login successful from: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx User: xxxxx every time

I shut off the iPhone, same think, all the time iPad still working.

I delete the apps on the iPhone and re-install, start to work again

Comment

Any reason why some device can't be add to a dashboard
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rich,

I have feature request.

I own a thermostat with 2 devices that are controled by a drop list, see figure 1 below.

I could select a primary device but it would also be nice to add a secondry device. This will make live easier.

Primry device would be setpoint temperature nd secondary device would be setpoint mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2 drop lists.PNG
Views:	217
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	1258054
                    Figure 1

Name:	Cpture droplist - widget siize wide.PNG
Views:	197
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	1258055
                    Figure 2

----
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      I am trying to use my iphone to login locally. The screen does not allow me to scroll up to the passwword field and the keyboard is blocking the password field. So I cannot pass that? This is on a Iphone 6S. If I blind-type the password there is an error popup complaining about a unexpected character. Details on that are in the feedback.

Trying to login with myhs seems to be good.

Log

Wim
                      Same issue here.

iPhone 6S; IOS 12.1

---

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        I am trying to use my iphone to login locally. The screen does not allow me to scroll up to the passwword field and the keyboard is blocking the password field. So I cannot pass that? This is on a Iphone 6S. If I blind-type the password there is an error popup complaining about a unexpected character. Details on that are in the feedback.

Trying to login with myhs seems to be good.

Log

Wim

Also seeing this on the iphone 8+ Ios 12.1.1. Also how about a proper example to see the format and syntax for the login screens, as I cannot log in locally and need to be able to troubleshoot this but need to know I am entering this correctly.
                        Stuart

Comment

rjh Hey Rich
                          1) Would it be possible to roll up the events on the events tab to the event header? It can be quite a long scroll if you have a lot of events.
                          2) I have several HS-WD100+ switches around the house, in the devices page some are showing the slider in devices page but most I need to go into the device details page in order to see the slider. For the devices that don't show the slider in the device page, it only shows ON, OFF and LAST LEVEL.
                          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                          Plugin's:
                          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

With the HS-WD100 we know about this issue and will have a fix in the next update. Its related to the button layout.

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                            rjh Hey Rich
                            1) Would it be possible to roll up the events on the events tab to the event header? It can be quite a long scroll if you have a lot of events.
                            2) I have several HS-WD100+ switches around the house, in the devices page some are showing the slider in devices page but most I need to go into the device details page in order to see the slider. For the devices that don't show the slider in the device page, it only shows ON, OFF and LAST LEVEL.

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Same issue here.

iPhone 6S; IOS 12.1

---
                              Rich,

Tested also on my iPad, On the iPad it is working propperly.

Please fix for the iPhone

----
                              John

Comment

We do have an open request (by me!) to allow for multiple primary devices, for example, a sensor where I might want to only see the temp and motion.

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                                Hi Rich,

I have feature request.

I own a thermostat with 2 devices that are controled by a drop list, see figure 1 below.

I could select a primary device but it would also be nice to add a secondry device. This will make live easier.

Primry device would be setpoint temperature nd secondary device would be setpoint mode.

Name:	Capture 2 drop lists.PNG
Views:	217
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	1258054
                                Figure 1

Name:	Cpture droplist - widget siize wide.PNG
Views:	197
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	1258055
                                Figure 2

----
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X