Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of device is it that you are trying to add?

Originally posted by John245 View Post
    Hi Rich,

I have feature request.

I own a thermostat with 2 devices that are controled by a drop list, see figure 1 below.

I could select a primary device but it would also be nice to add a secondry device. This will make live easier.

Primry device would be setpoint temperature nd secondary device would be setpoint mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2 drop lists.PNG
Views:	80
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	1258054
    Figure 1

Name:	Cpture droplist - widget siize wide.PNG
Views:	82
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	1258055
    Figure 2

----
    John

website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

Hi Rich,

The help https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...-delete-widget

Indicated the following:

"To delete a widget, long-press until you see a menu. There will then be an option to delete that widget.

My issue is that with a short press (during normal use) the menu with the items "Show Device Info", "Edit Widget" and "Delete Widget" appears.

This is very iritating.

Please change the behaviour to the behaviour as described in the help. Another option will be to have a button to enter the edit/operation modus

Tested on iPhone and iPad, both iOS 12.1.

----
      John

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post

Hi Rich,

It is a Netamo thermostat https://www.netatmo.com/en-us/energy/thermostat. I'm using the UltraSmartThermostat3 PI to retreive all the information in HomeSeer.

---
        John

Comment

The help is for Android which works a little differently, we are working on updating the docs.

On IOS a long press is used to move the widget, so we need the single press for the menu which allows you to edit and delete it.

On IOS we are trying to keep the app working as expected on an IOS device so it will not work the same as Android.

Always open for suggestions.

Hi Rich,

The help https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...-delete-widget

Indicated the following:

"To delete a widget, long-press until you see a menu. There will then be an option to delete that widget.

My issue is that with a short press (during normal use) the menu with the items "Show Device Info", "Edit Widget" and "Delete Widget" appears.

This is very iritating.

Please change the behaviour to the behaviour as described in the help. Another option will be to have a button to enter the edit/operation modus

Tested on iPhone and iPad, both iOS 12.1.

----
          John

Comment

Rich,
            Will the new HS app be able to use the phones GPS and allow the user to create Geofences?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

We do have an open request (by me!) to allow for multiple primary devices, for example, a sensor where I might want to only see the temp and motion.

Hi Rich,

Thanks. I think a request made by you has a great chance to be honored.

---
              John

Comment

The help is for Android which works a little differently, we are working on updating the docs.

On IOS a long press is used to move the widget, so we need the single press for the menu which allows you to edit and delete it.

On IOS we are trying to keep the app working as expected on an IOS device so it will not work the same as Android.

Always open for suggestions.

I already discovered that with a long press the widget could be moved.

Is it an option to implement a double short press to enter the menu or is that not allowed?

Otherwise an option woulld be a control switch under settings for the HomeSeer Mobile app to toggle between the operational and edit mode.

---
                John

Comment

Hi Rich,

Slightly related to this. The droplist functions correctly in the HS Mobile app (it is holding the selected set-point instead of stating "make selection" https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...26#post1254626) , see screensjhot. I hope it will be fixed in the HS3Touch iOS app soon.

Name:	Capture - Droplist HS Mobile.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	1258119
                  ---
                  John

Comment

Any plans for Mobile to support HS Speaker? I miss the audio feedback as supported in HSTouch.
                    Mike

Comment

Could you send me your HomeSeerData.hsd file so we can try it here? You can email it to support@homeseer.com so a ticket is opened.

Hi Rich,

It is a Netamo thermostat https://www.netatmo.com/en-us/energy/thermostat. I'm using the UltraSmartThermostat3 PI to retreive all the information in HomeSeer.

---
                      John

Comment

We would like to, it would have to be done with push notifications. HS Mobile does not stay connected to your HS system so there is no way to send info to it at this time.

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                        Any plans for Mobile to support HS Speaker? I miss the audio feedback as supported in HSTouch.

Comment

We will gather feedback on this, I know we struggled a bit trying to figure out how to implement it in a IOS way. Is the issue that the menu keeps popping up when you want the control sheet?

I already discovered that with a long press the widget could be moved.

Is it an option to implement a double short press to enter the menu or is that not allowed?

Otherwise an option woulld be a control switch under settings for the HomeSeer Mobile app to toggle between the operational and edit mode.

---
                          John

Comment

This is on the feature list. Not sure it belongs in this app, there are so many IOS apps that can do this for you, but we will look into.

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                            Rich,
                            Will the new HS app be able to use the phones GPS and allow the user to create Geofences?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

We will gather feedback on this, I know we struggled a bit trying to figure out how to implement it in a IOS way. Is the issue that the menu keeps popping up when you want the control sheet?

The issue is there when I want to see the status of the secondary devices at the top. Or I should use a toch device for the phone

Name:	Capture 2 drop lists.PNG
Views:	34
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	1258134
                              ---
                              John

Comment

We would like to, it would have to be done with push notifications. HS Mobile does not stay connected to your HS system so there is no way to send info to it at this time.

Even HSTouch has to be running in the foreground to hear the audio. Could HS Mobile do the same? (And then perhaps offer a Push for when the app isn't in the foreground)
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X