This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    This is on the feature list. Not sure it belongs in this app, there are so many IOS apps that can do this for you, but we will look into.

Yes, there are other iOS apps that can do this but if it’s native to the HS app it would make the integration more simplistic for the general user. At the moment I use PHLocation which works great but might be a deterrent to the average user.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Well we could, but the announcement would be delayed since the app polls for status changes so there could be a 10 second delay after the announcement is sent.
      Originally posted by mwaite View Post

Even HSTouch has to be running in the foreground to hear the audio. Could HS Mobile do the same? (And then perhaps offer a Push for when the app isn't in the foreground)
      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hey Rich, just got everything updated and installed the app. First glance looks good. Currently only thing I am seeing, is the scrolling issue at the login screen that others have commented on, and also it would be nice to see a cursor or some indication that I am on a field that needs input. At first I thought the app was locked up because I didn't know the field was already selected. iOS 12 on a iPhone X.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
          Hey Rich, just got everything updated and installed the app. First glance looks good. Currently only thing I am seeing, is the scrolling issue at the login screen that others have commented on, and also it would be nice to see a cursor or some indication that I am on a field that needs input. At first I thought the app was locked up because I didn't know the field was already selected. iOS 12 on a iPhone X.
          I’ll second the cursor issue, I thought the same thing when trying to log in and couldn’t see the cursor until I started typing.

Plugin's:

Comment

Also, am I missing something? How do I remove a widget from the dashboard?

Comment

Also, am I missing something? How do I remove a widget from the dashboard?
              Tap on the widget and then select "Delete Widget" from the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by MDW View Post

Tap on the widget and then select "Delete Widget" from the menu.
                Thanks that worked.

I guess I would add, if you are going to use a hold down gesture to add to the dashboard, maybe also allow a hold down gesture to delete it, keeps it intuitive for us simple minded folk.

Comment

Thanks that worked.

I guess I would add, if you are going to use a hold down gesture to add to the dashboard, maybe also allow a hold down gesture to delete it, keeps it intuitive for us simple minded folk.
                  Where did you find β€œDelete Widget”? I taped on it and the details just popped up and β€œCancel” but nothing that said Delete Widget. A hold down gesture would make this a lot more user friendly.

Edit - Nevermind, I just tried it again and it popped up. Some reason it didn’t pop up on a tap before.

Plugin's:

Comment

I would *REALLY* love to see the Cameras tab be able to display in Landscape when viewing any particular camera. Finally able to view cameras with somewhere ~1 image/sec (something I didn't see reliably in HSTouch), but would really love to see a bigger image - portrait screen is just too small for HD cameras.
                    Mike

Comment

I love how all the child devces are rolled in one and display battery or status with just an icon. There are a couple of devices which I think can be improved though. The August lock looks great, but for the KwikSet, action is not clear at all. Similarly the Linear Garage Door Opener action is not clear. And the virtual switch seems to take more space than an HS100 for some reason.

Stepping back, I still do need to do a lot of scrolling to see devices (at least on my 7 Plus). I love having icons that convey information across several languages in much less space without text. Doesn't a yellow status icon convey that a HS100 is on without the word "On"?? Isn't it intuitive to hit the yellow status icon to toggle the state (and yes of course this more complicated for dimmers)?? Think how much more information you could get per screen!! Just a mockup for thought:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Feature Request as a former VeraMate user with Vera. One of the awesome features they had was showing "Active Lights" -- ie just the lights that are on without having to jump in each area/room. Similarly useful would be "Open Zones" for security. It would seems to be universally useful to be able to add these type of widgets on the Dashboard...

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                          Hi Rich,

The help https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...-delete-widget

Indicated the following:

"To delete a widget, long-press until you see a menu. There will then be an option to delete that widget.

My issue is that with a short press (during normal use) the menu with the items "Show Device Info", "Edit Widget" and "Delete Widget" appears.

This is very iritating.

Please change the behaviour to the behaviour as described in the help. Another option will be to have a button to enter the edit/operation modus

Tested on iPhone and iPad, both iOS 12.1.

----
                          John

In a similar vain, maybe you could give the option to turn off editing, so it’s just a UI?

Comment

Rich, I tried Changing the password to the following "Xidya55! " and it still gave me the same error when I tried to connect to Myhs service.
                            If I try connecting direct to my server via IP Iand https I get a certificate for this server is invalid error and an ok radio button which then does not connect.
                            Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by broberts666 View Post
                              Feature Request as a former VeraMate user with Vera. One of the awesome features they had was showing "Active Lights" -- ie just the lights that are on without having to jump in each area/room. Similarly useful would be "Open Zones" for security. It would seems to be universally useful to be able to add these type of widgets on the Dashboard...
                              +1 on this. super useful to just be able to see what lights are on (or have met some other condition.)

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                Well we could, but the announcement would be delayed since the app polls for status changes so there could be a 10 second delay after the announcement is sent.

Well I personally vote for an audio push option then. Audio is a big part of my HS integration. It would be nice to have an option to configure push only when the app has the focus, or push all the time.
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X