Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For non-Foscam and non-Amcrest cameras, I am able to manually create cameras in HS > Setup > Cameras to get video feeds in HS Mobile (pulling jpg images from Blue Iris). However I can't get any of the customized PTZ actions to function. This path in a browser to pan right: "http://192.168.0.23:88/admin?camera=Porch&preset=1" will move the camera, however it doesn't work in HS Mobile with the same command in HS > Setup > Cameras > Pan/Tilt Controls. Since video is working with "http://192.168.0.23:88/image/Porch?q=60&s=100", I know it's not a rights issue.

Also, PTZ works fine for auto-detected Foscam and Amcrest cameras. For auto-generated cameras, there is no way to rename them. Since the cameras are displayed by name this is unfortunate because I'd like certain cameras displayed first. You can name custom cameras but PTZ doesn't work, so I don't want to manually create the Foscam and Amcrest cameras just to get them displayed in the desired order on the screen.
    Last edited by mwaite; November 9, 2018, 01:13 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Mike

Comment

Does the Energy section like in HS3Touch live on in HomeSeer Mobile anywhere? I see the Aeon Labs Meter device, but no graph. A pinchable bar graph would be fantastic (I never saw the speedometer graphic do anything in HS3Touch).

Comment

Hi Rich,

I want to report a bug (or an undocumented feature). When I press a secondary device the value is correctly shown. In case I switch to another dashboard the value is also displayed on that dahboard. If I switch back to the first dashboard I can select another secondary device, but that will result in displaying two values on the dashboard. See screens below for visualization.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3813.PNG
Views:	160
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	1258302

Name:	IMG_3815.PNG
Views:	176
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	1258301

Name:	IMG_3817.PNG
Views:	161
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	1258303
        ---
        John

Comment

How do you troubleshoot a missing device? I have other devices of the same type (ISY) in the same floor/room, but this one ISY light switch just won't show up in HS Mobile.

Seems I was able to find it after all. In HS3 the device is in Floor "ISY" with Room "Outside". However in HS Mobile the Room is not recognized ("???").

Attached Files
          Last edited by mwaite; November 9, 2018, 04:24 PM.
          Mike

Comment

There is something I really want to see added, unless it's already there and I've just missed it. When I'm at home I want it to automatically connect directly to HS3 without having to go through MyHS. When I leave and the local network connection is lost then switch to using MyHS. I really don't want the extra delay going through MyHS or have to deal with MyHS being down.

One should also be able to use the local format of an address, i.e., hs3.local, which on most systems works. It's call bonjour by Apple but it's just the Zero Configuration Networking (Zeroconf) standard most systems now use. When I try it in the app it fails with a message "Error http://fe80::5eea:c652:a85a:3a/ is an invalid URL" however I can use hs3.local from the browser and that works fine. For now I went back to using an IP address.

There is still something that needs to be changed with the Widgets on the Dashboard. One thing would be what happens when you touch the icon. I think that should toggle between Off and Last. I'd also like to be able to have the multiple taps to somehow be added with our own text. So say my 2 tap turn on the nightlight setting in a room. I'd like to be able to add that function to the widget.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I use the vpn in my router and only connect via the local option, even when away. Works great!

Comment

Feature request (possibly a duplicate) - In the Dashboard view, swiping left or right in the Widgets area would move between dashboards. Seems it would make one-handed use much easier.

I really like the app. It's simple to use and easy to create dashboards. I haven't found any bugs other than those posted.

Comment

Anyway to have event widget that DOESN'T require confirmation? I want to just touch the button and have it done.
                  Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                    Anyway to have event widget that DOESN'T require confirmation? I want to just touch the button and have it done.
                    +1 (would be nice to have it configurable per event)
                    Mike

Comment

A few bugs/feedback to report (if not already identified): (IOS)

1. Devices without graphics assigned in HS display random graphics/icons in HS Mobile - seems they are being picked up from other devices in the dashboards.

2. ZWave Honeywell thermostats - I have one upstairs one downstairs, both stopped updating until restarting the app. Can there be a global refresh button that can be added to force an app update/refresh of dashboard items? (Admittedly I don't understand the communication, how these devices can stop updating)

3. When pressing buttons there is no visual feedback. Sometimes I'm not sure if the the touch was registered in the app - would be better to have a color change indicating a button press while held down.

4. Primary Device selections are not remembered when the app shuts down. This is *very* annoying as I have to go back and re-setup all my selections.

5. Still looking for feedback on cameras issues reported earlier (ptz non-functional on custom created cameras)
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post

+1 (would be nice to have it configurable per event)
                        +1 I agree.

Comment

That's an option however it has side effects. One example is the Spectrum app. It see the fact that you're using VPN and it won't let you connect. It's possible I have my VPN settings wrong so I'll have to check this again to be sure.

Originally posted by slodat View Post
                          I use the vpn in my router and only connect via the local option, even when away. Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                            That's an option however it has side effects. One example is the Spectrum app. It see the fact that you're using VPN and it won't let you connect. It's possible I have my VPN settings wrong so I'll have to check this again to be sure.
                            I don’t have any special vpn configuration. Just out of the box. Works great!

Comment

Could I please have a redeem code? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another request:

Not much room for device strings. It would be great if text wrapping was supported. I am trying to view spoken text (since there is currently no audio), however devices don't display more than a few characters. This should probably be configurable per device as I can imagine some device strings would be just too large (I know I have some).
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X