• Show
Clear All

That worked perfectly. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post

I don’t think you need an email.
      Step 1. Install HS3 beta 3.0.0.478
      Then from your IOS device:
      2. Click the link in the first page (https://testflight.apple.com/join/YChZViLH)

3. Click view in App Store under step 1 get test flight.
      4. Install the test flight app
      5. Go back to (https://testflight.apple.com/join/YChZViLH) and select join beta under step 2 join beta. You will be prompted to install the app using test flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      thank you! I did all this, but not directly from the iPhone... so never saw the correct download. if you do it from the iPhone, it works great. appreciated!

Comment

Does this happen with your system too?

I have a Z-Wave appliance controller that powers a space heater.
        When turning on, I get this - what appears to be 12 ON commands sent to the switch.

It seems excessive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	widget action.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1261931

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
          First thing I noticed in my log....
          Nov-15 07:45:35 Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.97.182 User: dad
          Nov-15 07:45:30 Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.97.182 User: dad
          Nov-15 07:45:25 Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.97.182 User: dad
          Nov-15 07:45:25 Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.97.182 User: dad
          Nov-15 07:45:20 Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.97.182 User: dad
          Nov-15 07:45:13 Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.97.182 User: dad
          Nov-15 07:45:12 Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.97.182 User: dad
          Nov-15 07:45:12 Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.97.182 User: dad
          As long as the app is on the screen, the log just continuely adds these entries. How do i stop the repeated login messages?
          Can anyone address this? The app is unusable as my log will just fill up.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Turn off "log local logins" on the Network tab in setup.

Can anyone address this? The app is unusable as my log will just fill up.

Thanks,

Jim
            πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Turn off "log local logins" on the Network tab in setup.

Rich,

Thanks for the reply. With "log local logins" HS3 Touch only logs a connect and a disconnect. Can't the same be done for HomeSeer Mobile?

I like knowing who is logging in.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Its not suppose to log a login unless someone new logs in between log ins. I am not sure why your system thinks someone else has logged in. I am just suggesting a workaround for you. What you are seeing is not common, it should not be doing that. It will take some time to troubleshoot. Make sure your IP throttling settings are disabled, maybe that has something to do with it.

Rich,

Thanks for the reply. With "log local logins" HS3 Touch only logs a connect and a disconnect. Can't the same be done for HomeSeer Mobile?

I like knowing who is logging in.

Thanks,

Jim
                πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We want to get away from separating child devices from the root as for most users and devices, the child device is always physically part of the actual hardware. So what device is this where you want the child device in different rooms? Are your rooms of the type "sensor" or some other type where segregating the child devices makes sense?
                  This is interesting, and I will admit that I have not read every post in this thread of 9 pages. I strongly disagree with your recommendation to "get away from separating devices". Novice users mainly and only care about the devices controlling the "load". Everything else is noise. If the other devices have necessary use, and if they should or need to reside in the same location, then may I recommend that you add the additional purpose for the other devices into one single HS devices as additional status or feature pages of the device?

Background:
                  When I add a z-wave dimmer it will create three devices where two of them members of my family could care less about. It is the root, the central scene controller, and the actual device which allows on/off/dim control. One would think that the root device is the actual device which controls the load. But it isn't as it is one of the child devices which controls the load. So, from my perspective my family members and potential other customers would be completely confused about the root and the central scene devices, and would prefer to separate them or place the root and central scene devices somewhere else (like System or something the like).

If this is not supported, or not possible, then we have an issue in my perspective.
                  HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post

This is interesting, and I will admit that I have not read every post in this thread of 9 pages. I strongly disagree with your recommendation to "get away from separating devices". Novice users mainly and only care about the devices controlling the "load". Everything else is noise. If the other devices have necessary use, and if they should or need to reside in the same location, then may I recommend that you add the additional purpose for the other devices into one single HS devices as additional status or feature pages of the device?

Background:
                    When I add a z-wave dimmer it will create three devices where two of them members of my family could care less about. It is the root, the central scene controller, and the actual device which allows on/off/dim control. One would think that the root device is the actual device which controls the load. But it isn't as it is one of the child devices which controls the load. So, from my perspective my family members and potential other customers would be completely confused about the root and the central scene devices, and would prefer to separate them or place the root and central scene devices somewhere else (like System or something the like).

If this is not supported, or not possible, then we have an issue in my perspective.
                    I agree with Krumpy. Here's another example: the Ecobee plugin creates a root device for the thermostat, where multiple child devices control various settings, but some child devices control local things (temperature, humidity, occupancy). It is helpful to keep the local data (e.g. temp, humidity, occupancy) in the actual room, and then all other settings in a "Control" room.

Comment

On another note, is there any way to test the beta mobile app without installing the beta Homeseer server? I'm afraid that installing the beta server might wreck my configuration :-(

Comment

Originally posted by AeonNhiyr View Post

I agree with Krumpy. Here's another example: the Ecobee plugin creates a root device for the thermostat, where multiple child devices control various settings, but some child devices control local things (temperature, humidity, occupancy). It is helpful to keep the local data (e.g. temp, humidity, occupancy) in the actual room, and then all other settings in a "Control" room.
                        I agree. Especially with the ecobee and z-wave examples. I have many of each.

Comment

Its not suppose to log a login unless someone new logs in between log ins. I am not sure why your system thinks someone else has logged in. I am just suggesting a workaround for you. What you are seeing is not common, it should not be doing that. It will take some time to troubleshoot. Make sure your IP throttling settings are disabled, maybe that has something to do with it.

Rich,

I turned off "log local logins" and still get repeated log entries. I looked for IP throttling in settings and don't see it. Where do you find that setting?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

In our new mobile app the devices are single devices that have "sub sections" for the children. So while the children still exist, they are part of one "view". This greatly simplifies the operation of the device. Most users see the devices as ONE device, like a motion sensor and it does not make any sense to separate parts like motion, temp, etc. Now for users who see a need to put children in different rooms, you can still do this in the web interface and HSTouch. So in your case you would not use HomeSeer Mobile as the devices may not appear properly. We are still determining how we want to display these "separated" devices. I understand how some may want to separate them but I bet its rare, I never do it and in all the user configs I have seen, I have not seen it done.

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post

Background:

Comment

"Log Remote Logins" is the other setting that controls this, so disable that one.

It logs that message once and will not log it again for the same system unless some other system connects, so maybe you have multiple systems connecting?

Rich,

I turned off "log local logins" and still get repeated log entries. I looked for IP throttling in settings and don't see it. Where do you find that setting?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Rich, I think that I will take this offline with you as I don't want to clutter up this thread. You're a reasonable man, but I think you guys may want to rethink this. But, then I probably need to get up to speed with the Mobile app as well before going any further on this. Keep in mind that you're a technologist, for this product to keep going down the "professional" versus "DYI - Hobbyist" path, it needs to be simple and uncluttered of a user interface. HSTouch - let's not even go there. It shows the state of the union that one couldn't take HSTouch parts to make this type of interface.

In our new mobile app the devices are single devices that have "sub sections" for the children. So while the children still exist, they are part of one "view". This greatly simplifies the operation of the device. Most users see the devices as ONE device, like a motion sensor and it does not make any sense to separate parts like motion, temp, etc. Now for users who see a need to put children in different rooms, you can still do this in the web interface and HSTouch. So in your case you would not use HomeSeer Mobile as the devices may not appear properly. We are still determining how we want to display these "separated" devices. I understand how some may want to separate them but I bet its rare, I never do it and in all the user configs I have seen, I have not seen it done.
                                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                                X