Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The program has to be far easier to use to extend its reach, but we are not forgetting the more "technical" user so you can have it both ways. If you want a simple app that is easier to use, use HomeSeer Mobile. If you want to go crazy you can do what you do now with the web interface and HSTouch. So we are not "breaking" anything for existing users who like it the way it is. For the more technical, HomeSeer Mobile is probably going to be too simple for you and we are not going to complicate it with settings/features that the vast number of users will never use.

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
    Rich, I think that I will take this offline with you as I don't want to clutter up this thread. You're a reasonable man, but I think you guys may want to rethink this. But, then I probably need to get up to speed with the Mobile app as well before going any further on this. Keep in mind that you're a technologist, for this product to keep going down the "professional" versus "DYI - Hobbyist" path, it needs to be simple and uncluttered of a user interface. HSTouch - let's not even go there. It shows the state of the union that one couldn't take HSTouch parts to make this type of interface.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      The program has to be far easier to use to extend its reach, but we are not forgetting the more "technical" user so you can have it both ways. If you want a simple app that is easier to use, use HomeSeer Mobile. If you want to go crazy you can do what you do now with the web interface and HSTouch. So we are not "breaking" anything for existing users who like it the way it is. For the more technical, HomeSeer Mobile is probably going to be too simple for you and we are not going to complicate it with settings/features that the vast number of users will never use.

In my opininion the intefaces (HSTocuh and HSMobile) are complementary.

I;m using an iPad with HDTocuh as full interface when I'm at home.

If I'm away I use an iPhone with HS mobile to get an overview at once of the most importen items. In case I want information of a specific device or I want to control a specific device I use the standard HSTouch project on my phone.

---
      John

Comment

Yes, that is how I use it also. At home all my touch screens have custom projects on them (including my smart mirror ). But when I am away I use HomeSeer mobile with custom dashboards. But I never separate child devices from root devices, that just creates a complicated to manage system IMO.

Originally posted by John245 View Post

In my opininion the intefaces (HSTocuh and HSMobile) are complementary.

I;m using an iPad with HDTocuh as full interface when I'm at home.

If I'm away I use an iPhone with HS mobile to get an overview at once of the most importen items. In case I want information of a specific device or I want to control a specific device I use the standard HSTouch project on my phone.

---
        John

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          "Log Remote Logins" is the other setting that controls this, so disable that one.

It logs that message once and will not log it again for the same system unless some other system connects, so maybe you have multiple systems connecting?

Rich,

I only have one system. I will try unchecking "Log Remote Logins" and see what happens.

FYI I am not using MyHomeSeer, I am logging in with the IP of the box.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post

Rich,

I only have one system. I will try unchecking "Log Remote Logins" and see what happens.

FYI I am not using MyHomeSeer, I am logging in with the IP of the box.

Thanks,

Jim
            Rich,

I turned off "Log Remote Logins". HomeSeer Mobile does not show a connect or disconnect in the logs. HS3 Touch does show both.

I like that HS3 Touch shows up. Can HomeSeer Mobile do the same?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

The Events tab only occasionally displays my list of events. The majority of the time it is empty and simply states "There is nothing here. Create an event". I have not been able to figure out when it works and when it doesn't (however if I change the name of an event in HS3, the tab seems to work correctly after). The Devices tab always populates without issues. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Comment

Through the web interface I deleted a virtual device which was displayed in one of the dashboard in the IOS app.

Now the app crashes anytime I try to open the dashboard.

(I am also unable to delete the dashboard in order to recreate it, as I have to open the dashboard first, which again crashes the app)

Deleting a device referenced on a page should simply remove it from the dashboard as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggis View Post
                  Through the web interface I deleted a virtual device which was displayed in one of the dashboard in the IOS app.

Now the app crashes anytime I try to open the dashboard.

(I am also unable to delete the dashboard in order to recreate it, as I have to open the dashboard first, which again crashes the app)

Deleting a device referenced on a page should simply remove it from the dashboard as well.
                  I just ran into this too. Had to delete and recreate a Plugin linked device that wasn’t updating. The dead version was on a Dashboard and now the iOS app crashes every time I try and open it.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                    I have successfully manually added 6 security cameras to HS3 and I have added them to this mobile iOS app. When I load the app the camera images are briefly displayed for 1-2 seconds. They then disappear and are replaced by the spinning wheel, never to reappear until I reload the app. This appears to be a refresh problem.

Steve Q
                    Been a while since I worked with this beta.

Any ideas on this?

Steve Q
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I have several Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW095 Power monitors. The child device “pop ups” do not disappear. They persist even when I switch dashboards.

See attached screen shots.
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

An update has been published for iOS: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-beta-v1-1-ios

Comment

HomeSeer Mobile officially released: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...e-v1-0-release

Comment

Working...
                          X