Not working over VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not working over VPN

hello, my HomeSeer 3 is running on a win10 PC.

This PC has no connection to the internet for obvious reasons (security). All my network devices like cameras of NAS don’t have access for this matter.

To to reach my devices I use VPN that runs on my firewall (pfsense).

Now. For quite a while now I can’t connet with the original app to my server. The connection does work with the browser so it is not a connection issue.

I do have some camera apps that stopped working also but I have one camera app that works as it should.

The phones used are iPhone 6+ and 6 and now iPhone X’ S with the latest IOS.

I never wrote anything about the old app not working and I hoped that it gets fixed.

Today I tried the IOS beta and it has the same problem.

When connected to VPN I can reach my NAS, printers and cameras with their “in home IP”.

I can can reach the HomeSeer server with the browser using the same IP.

The app app gives me an error that makes it look like it is a IP v6 problem??

Anyone else having issues using VPN?

Rainer
    Last edited by Mahera; November 22, 2018, 09:02 PM. Reason: Added tags

Just tried it for the first time through a VPN (SonicWall from IOS) and it's working fine for me.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Try ngrok, it can open a port thru vpn to a domain hosted by ngrok.io
      Works for me

Comment

Hello sparkman,

thanks for checking.

Do do you connect over a V4 or V6 IP network?

When i I am out of house and are connected to a V4 IP network, like a hotel WiFi, it works.

As as soon as I use my cellphone network, that runs on V6 IP, I have the problem.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Rainer

Comment

Hello miamijerry,

i do do not want to use a third party connection and I do not give those devices internet access that would be necessary to use third party server like my HomeSeer.

But thanks fot for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahera View Post

When i I am out of house and are connected to a V4 IP network, like a hotel WiFi, it works.

As as soon as I use my cellphone network, that runs on V6 IP, I have the problem.
            Hi Rainer, happy Thanksgiving too! I had only checked over WiFi and not cell phone/LTE network. Over LTE, it never seems to connect. It is stuck at "Connecting to system 192.x.y.z". I don't get any error messages, and I can't do anything else in the app. Where do you get the error that you are seeing?

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Maybe this from Netgate (pfSense) will help.

EDIT:Nevermind, this was only to do with security. I know I read about this issue when I was running pfSense.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hello every one.

The original homeseer app app just says it can’t connect and no error.

I checked a little closer and found that when I was on a V4 network it did work.
                On aV6 network it will not work.

I suspected a routing issue on my pfsense box but why would the browser work if it is on my side?

The app app I used for my cameras also stopped working and I went to look for an app that worked. For the cameras.

I now use IPCviewer pro and this app works on any network type with my local IP adress.

so, some apps work and some don’t.

The new new HomeSeer app gives an error message so that looks like “http://xxxxx:xxxxx:xxxx (looks like an ip v6 address ) and states that this is not an valid address.

Looks to to me like the HomeSeer app can’t handle the IPV6 address correctly.

Rainer

Comment

Hello
                  Is it possible to use a VPN connection for the new mobile application? With the previous one, our VPN worked perfectly instead with the new application we can't connect. thanks
                  Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Working...
                  X