Some devices missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some devices missing

Some devices are missing from my homeseer mobile app. I double checked all the usual stuff...... Please see the attached screenshots. There are other devices missing as well I just used these as an example, 2 switches in my master bathroom, which is why you will see I filtered the mobile app list by room in order to show that there are no switches appearing in that room.
    Attached Files

Pervasive problem. I have it, too. No rhyme or reason, why some are missing.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
      Pervasive problem. I have it, too. No rhyme or reason, why some are missing.
      Yes, I've done everything possible to try and find a common theme between any of the devices that are not showing up, and I see nothing in common between them at all.

Comment

Same for me. Needs sorting.

Comment

Please update to the latest version and let me know if the issue persists

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...a-v4-0-android

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post

Hi JL,

Unfortunately, it did not solve this issue, but I look forward to the other improvements made in 4.0

Thanks! Let me know if there is anything I can provide to help you solve this issue, as I know this is a beta version and I'm more than willing to help wherever I can.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post

Because I did not keep a catalog of what was missing before, I am not certain, but I think that some previously missing devices are now seen. Looking over my many devices, what is obviously missing are Everspring leak detectors (I have several and all are missing) and some Aqara Zigbee leak detectors (again, I have several and all are missing). What is interesting about the Aqara devices is that the battery for the device is seen, but not the device itself. Let me know what further information you need. The app is definitely quicker to load.
              Elliott
              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Hi All, JLDubs provided a solution to my issue which may help to solve yours as well. My issue was that for each Homeseer switch added to the system 3 devices are created: Tech Switch, Central Scene, and Control Device. All 3 of these devices MUST be set up in Homeseer to be labeled in the same room and floor. Once I made these changes in Homeseer all of my devices appeared. The Control Device is a child device to the Tech Switch, and without all of them being assigned to the same room / floor it caused issues. Hopefully I explained this well enough, but feel free to let me know if you need more detail.

Comment

I will add to the group experiencing these issues. A vast majority of my devices are not showing up in Homeseer Mobile. All root and child devices are in the same room and have the same category within HS3 Pro so the "solution" proposed by NPiano does not apply. No rhyme or reason to the missing devices, lights, virtual, thermostats...and more simply are not available. I am willing to assist with troubleshooting, perhaps start by using my Homesseer light switches (have > 70 dimmers, switches, companion's installed)

Comment

Updated to HS3 3.0.0.500 last night, and finally started setting up Homeseer Mobile. The new UI and ease of setup are fantastic. Unfortunately , I am experiencing the same problem being reported here. The obvious missing devices for me - Insteon Leak Sensor device (Heartbeat is showing up) and all of my Envisalink Security devices. As suggested in an earlier post, I confirmed that all associated devices are in the same room/floor. I will create a post in the Envisalink forum to see ifspud has taken a look at Homeseer Mobile yet.

UPDATE: Sorted through the issue with Envisalink. Security devices are now available to add to a Dashboard.

Comment

I found that if a root device is set to Hide From Mobile the child devices do not appear in HS Mobile (even if the children are not set to hide from from mobile).

Since I use the HSTouch default project I had set many of my root devices do be hidden from mobile so only the control device would appear in the hstouch lists.

It took me a bit to figure out what I had done to myself so am sharing here just in case it is useful info.

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post
                        I found that if a root device is set to Hide From Mobile the child devices do not appear in HS Mobile (even if the children are not set to hide from from mobile).

Since I use the HSTouch default project I had set many of my root devices do be hidden from mobile so only the control device would appear in the hstouch lists.

It took me a bit to figure out what I had done to myself so am sharing here just in case it is useful info.
                        That was exactly the reason my Envisalink security devices weren’t showing up. Still can’t determine why the primary device for all of my Insteon Leak Sensors don’t show up, but the heartbeat device for all of them show up.

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post

Same issue with my setup. If I want to use HS Mobile, need to allow the root devices to be viewable. Then HS3Touch gets cluttered with useless devices. Don't know which way I want to go with this.

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post

That was exactly the reason my Envisalink security devices weren’t showing up. Still can’t determine why the primary device for all of my Insteon Leak Sensors don’t show up, but the heartbeat device for all of them show up.
                            I'm not familiar with your Insteon Leak Sensors, but is it a single parent and single child? I am having the same issue with some of my devices as well. This only seems to be an issue when there are two devices total in the family. In the device list these devices will only show the child device. If I add it as a widget to the dashboard, I can manually select "No Device" as the Primary Device and then I'll see the root device. However, if I attempt to edit these widgets at all the app crashes. I've learned that I need to set it up exactly as I want it on the first try. Otherwise, I'll need to delete the widget and try again.

I'm on Version 0.4.1rc6 on Android

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post

I'm not familiar with your Insteon Leak Sensors, but is it a single parent and single child? I am having the same issue with some of my devices as well. This only seems to be an issue when there are two devices total in the family. In the device list these devices will only show the child device. If I add it as a widget to the dashboard, I can manually select "No Device" as the Primary Device and then I'll see the root device. However, if I attempt to edit these widgets at all the app crashes. I've learned that I need to set it up exactly as I want it on the first try. Otherwise, I'll need to delete the widget and try again.

I'm on Version 0.4.1rc6 on Android
                              Yes, the Insteon Leak Sensors are single parent and single child. I've tried several ways to get the parent to show up in HS Mobile, but no luck to this point. Only the Heartbeat (child) device shows up. I am also running 0.4.1rc6 on my Pixel 3.

Dry
                              Garage Monitoring Water Heater Leak Sensor - Leak Sensor 12/28/2015
                              2:52:03 PM
                              Off
                              Garage Monitoring Water Heater Leak Sensor - Heartbeat Yesterday
                              2:06:45 PM

Comment

Working...
                              X