No announcement yet.

Some devices missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the official release of HomeSeer Mobile (iOS version), I noticed that a number of my devices were missing. I noticed that there was a common theme. If I look at the devices in a web browser, and I "group" the devices, I noticed that a number of my root devices (the parent devices) weren't grouped with their child devices. If I go to the Advanced tab of those parent devices, the "Relationship Status" says "Standalone" instead of "Parent Root". The "Associated Devices" field correctly shows its child devices. For these root (parent) devices, I did a rescan and their "Relationship Status" changed from "Standalone" to "Parent Root", as desired. I didn't have to delete the child devices prior to rescan. I just did a rescan, which solved the problem. I had about half a dozen of these root (parent) devices that had "Standalone" instead of "Parent Root" for "Relationship Status". Prior to rescanning them, HomeSeer Mobile only showed the root devices without any children. The incorrect "Relationship Status" probably existed for a long long time now, but I didn't notice until I started using HomeSeer Mobile.

Comment

Adding to the thread. Same problems, HS Mobile is unusable. Had run latest previous server client, both stable and beta, then updated this morning to .500 on the server and new HSMobile client as well, no change. I see NONE of my Homeseer switches; most of the others are there but not all (Inovelli, GE). Rescanned as randman did (parent roots/children seemed to be setup fine already).

Comment

As I posted above, having the same missing devices issues with no fix. Finally fixed it with a suggestion off /r/homeseer, although nothing in the device properties was showing anything wrong. Here was the suggestion I received:
        "Are you sure the devices missing aren't just 'hidden'? There's an option on Homeseer to hide devices and to hide devices from mobile. I have about 200 some devices and all (apart from the ones i've hidden) Show up on the new mobile app. You should find some of those missing devices, select them and choose both the options to 'unhide' and 'show in mobile'."

So before trying this, I picked a missing device and went and checked its properties... Not hidden from view, not hidden from mobile (why can't the terminology be consistent...one place it's hide from mobile, another it's show in mobile...). Went back to the device list, selected it, and did unhide and then show in mobile as suggested. Working! Great, but why. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post

That was exactly the reason my Envisalink security devices weren’t showing up. Still can’t determine why the primary device for all of my Insteon Leak Sensors don’t show up, but the heartbeat device for all of them show up.
          IMO, HomeSeer Mobile ahoould be enhanced. If root device is hidden but not its child devices, then show the child devices but not grouped. Just like HS3Touch. This is useful since sometimes, like for HSM200, I do not want the grouping. If root and child are not hidden, then show the grouping.

Comment

Can anyone that is unable to see their devices in HomeSeer Mobile, but is able to see them in HSTouch, email us at homeseerbugs@gmail.com with a copy of a backup config for your system? (.HSD file)

We will then be able to inspect your system configuration to figure out why these devices are not showing up.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post
              Can anyone that is unable to see their devices in HomeSeer Mobile, but is able to see them in HSTouch, email us at homeseerbugs@gmail.com with a copy of a backup config for your system? (.HSD file)

We will then be able to inspect your system configuration to figure out why these devices are not showing up.

Thanks.
              Sure, glad to help. I will email my config shortly. You will see that I have several Insteon Leak Sensors. In HS3Touch, all sensors show both the status(wet/dry) device and the Heartbeat device. In HomeSeer Mobile, only the Heartbeat devices show up.

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post

Thanks.
                Email with HomeSeerData.hsd sent. Device is an old Insteon Motion Sensor and I'm missing the motion state node.

Comment

once I changed all of my root devices to be visible in mobile view everything now shows up in Homeseer Mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post

Same issue with my setup. If I want to use HS Mobile, need to allow the root devices to be viewable. Then HS3Touch gets cluttered with useless devices. Don't know which way I want to go with this.
                    What I do is, if I don't want it to be visible from HSTouch but I need it to be visible from HomeSeer Mobile, I check "Hide device from views" but don't check "Hide device from mobile views".

Comment

I had same issue of device not showing up in Mobile controller. Showed fine on HS3Touch and web interface. It was an appliance switch with USB ports and measured power. Until I put all the child devices in the same location and room this stayed hidden. Once I did that it showed up and I was able to configure its visibility and control.

Comment

I have a lot of Ikea Tradfri bulbs and remotes in addition to a lot of Xiaomi zigbee sensors. They are all connected to HomeSeer thru deCONZ and JowiHue plugin. I experience that the nodes with one child in addition to the root device only will show the child device. The nodes with only the root device or with more than one child device looks normal. All the devices are configured to "unhide" and "show in mobile". I have the same problem on both iPhone and iPad with the latest version of HomeSeer, HomeSeer Mobile and IOS.

Comment

Maybe I am missing something, but from my perspective HS Mobile is essentially useless.

I have some devices in HS that don't have a root device showing in the Device management section (not sure why). For the rest, I have a root device.

For those with a root device, I have the root device set to not display in mobile, since I see no reason to clutter up my Mobile view with root devices.

As a consequence, the only devices I see in HS Mobile is those devices without a root device, as those devices don't have a root device to set.

So it seems the only option if you want to use HS Mobile is to clutter up HS Mobile with useless root devices.

Disappointingly, I'll be sticking with Imperihome.

If someone has a solution to this, I'd be delighted to to hear. Seems like a major logic failure on the part of HS in their design of HS Mobile.

Dave

Comment

Maybe I was a bit harsh.

After playing around more with the HS Mobile app, I have worked out how to display on teh dashboard just the devices I want. It seems an unnecessarily complicated way of doing it, but it works.

I would have liked to display in the devices section those which I wanted, rather than the root devices, but I can be set up so that only the devices I want to see are in the dashboard, and it is fairly flexible in terms of how to display them.

I am starting to see some appeal over Imperihome. The test will be the setting up the cameras.....

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Crumpy View Post
                              Maybe I am missing something, but from my perspective HS Mobile is essentially useless.

I have some devices in HS that don't have a root device showing in the Device management section (not sure why). For the rest, I have a root device.

For those with a root device, I have the root device set to not display in mobile, since I see no reason to clutter up my Mobile view with root devices.

As a consequence, the only devices I see in HS Mobile is those devices without a root device, as those devices don't have a root device to set.

So it seems the only option if you want to use HS Mobile is to clutter up HS Mobile with useless root devices.

Disappointingly, I'll be sticking with Imperihome.

If someone has a solution to this, I'd be delighted to to hear. Seems like a major logic failure on the part of HS in their design of HS Mobile.

Dave
                              Dave-

I'm not sure how your devices are set up, but for HS Mobile (at least on Android), the root devices in my setup do not even show up on the devices tab. For instance, I use the HS Z-wave dimmers in my home. Here is one in particular on the web interface:

Click image for larger version

Name:	root device hs3 web.png
Views:	359
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1286511

And here is the same on HS Mobile:

Click image for larger version  Name:	root device hs3 mobile.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	1285304
                              Even though I do not have the root device hidden from mobile in the HS3 web interface, it is still "hidden" in HS Mobile. Now if you're running HS Touch as well then I'm out of ideas. Hope this helps.

-Jon

Comment

Hardly any devices show up for me - near useless.
                                iOS 1.1.3-21
                                HS 3.0.0.500

Comment

Working...
                                X