Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamr
    replied
    I also have some FLS100's that do not show up in the mobile app. Any word on a fix for this?

Leave a comment:

• The Keeper
    replied
    My HS Mobile setup was fine for a while, but now I have a lot of devices missing. I just started migrating from HS2 to HS3 two months ago, and I was able to see everything initially. I think there might have been a device that didn't show up in HS Mobile, but I don't know for sure.

Now that I started playing with dashboards, I've lost a lot of devices. I can't see any of the devices in the "outside" floor -- no sensors or devices at all in "back" or "garage", so it makes it really difficult to set up a dashboard. I was going to ask if there was a way to have a widget contain only two child devices (I have a couple of of the Aeon 6 sensors, and in the "Temp and Humid" dashboard, I want only the temp and humidity reported by those sensors in one widget, but now, HS Mobile can't even see the "Outside Back Motion" device anymore, so it's moot.)

Chris

Leave a comment:

• BraveSirRobbin
    replied
    Is this plugin still in Beta? I can't see a lot of devices and I really don't want the 'root' showing up in mobile views...

I'm running the latest HS Zee released version of HS and Mobile apps.

EDIT: Confirmed that you can't hide the 'status' from mobile views...

Leave a comment:

• JCCccc
    replied
    I cannot see my HS-FLS100+ Z-Wave Plus Floodlight Sensor at all. Since it does not appear in devices, there is no way to add a widget for it.

Leave a comment:

• thomauto@aol.com
    replied
    I'm using Jon00's Enable/Disable Plugin utility and only the Disable device is showing, any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• gduren
    replied
    Originally posted by automateme View Post

Wow, great find! I’m the guy with the Insteon Leak Sensors that only the Child (Heartbeat) devices were showing up. Your workaround absolutely worked for me, and I can add my Leak Sensor Root (Wet/Dry) devices. Thanks!
    Awesome, glad to hear it helped!

Leave a comment:

• automateme
    replied
    Originally posted by gduren View Post
    OK, was playing around with widget and somehow got the sensor to appear. Here's what I did.

I added the opener (child) to a dashboard from the devices page in Mobile by selecting "add to dashboard". Left all selections as default and clicked the check mark to save. Then went to the dashboard I added it to and long pressed the widget and clicked "edit widget". In the "primary device" field, it showed "off" with "garage door opener" under it. I clicked the pencil (edit) icon off to the right and selected "no device" from the menu that appeared. Then I clicked the check mark to save. Lo and behold the widget changed to my status sensor (parent root) instead of the opener (child). The status sensor still does not show in the devices screen on Mobile, but now it shows on my dashboard (where I wanted it in the first place).

So not sure if this is an issue/bug or this is how it's supposed to work, but I can now see if my garage is open or closed from a dashboard which is great!
    Wow, great find! I’m the guy with the Insteon Leak Sensors that only the Child (Heartbeat) devices were showing up. Your workaround absolutely worked for me, and I can add my Leak Sensor Root (Wet/Dry) devices. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• gduren
    replied
    OK, was playing around with widget and somehow got the sensor to appear. Here's what I did.

I added the opener (child) to a dashboard from the devices page in Mobile by selecting "add to dashboard". Left all selections as default and clicked the check mark to save. Then went to the dashboard I added it to and long pressed the widget and clicked "edit widget". In the "primary device" field, it showed "off" with "garage door opener" under it. I clicked the pencil (edit) icon off to the right and selected "no device" from the menu that appeared. Then I clicked the check mark to save. Lo and behold the widget changed to my status sensor (parent root) instead of the opener (child). The status sensor still does not show in the devices screen on Mobile, but now it shows on my dashboard (where I wanted it in the first place).

So not sure if this is an issue/bug or this is how it's supposed to work, but I can now see if my garage is open or closed from a dashboard which is great!

Leave a comment:

• gduren
    replied
    Sounds like there's some work going on for this, but thought I'd put my example out there too in case it helps. I have the Insteon I/O linc garage door kit hooked up to my garage door and the opener/relay is showing up (child) but the open/closed sensor (parent root) is not showing up in Mobile. I tried all of the ideas in this thread (same floor same room, chose "show in mobile" and "unhide" from device listing screen) and it's still missing. I don't have my HSTouch running anymore so can't provide that as a working example. Noticed that some others are having issues with sensors (leak sensors) so maybe it has to do with devices that are status only?

Really glad you guys came up with this app and keep up the great work refining it!! Excited for what the future holds.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Hardly any devices show up for me - near useless.
    iOS 1.1.3-21
    HS 3.0.0.500

Leave a comment:

• B1Trash
    replied
    Originally posted by Crumpy View Post
    Maybe I am missing something, but from my perspective HS Mobile is essentially useless.

I have some devices in HS that don't have a root device showing in the Device management section (not sure why). For the rest, I have a root device.

For those with a root device, I have the root device set to not display in mobile, since I see no reason to clutter up my Mobile view with root devices.

As a consequence, the only devices I see in HS Mobile is those devices without a root device, as those devices don't have a root device to set.

So it seems the only option if you want to use HS Mobile is to clutter up HS Mobile with useless root devices.

Disappointingly, I'll be sticking with Imperihome.

If someone has a solution to this, I'd be delighted to to hear. Seems like a major logic failure on the part of HS in their design of HS Mobile.

Dave
    Dave-

I'm not sure how your devices are set up, but for HS Mobile (at least on Android), the root devices in my setup do not even show up on the devices tab. For instance, I use the HS Z-wave dimmers in my home. Here is one in particular on the web interface:

Click image for larger version

Name:	root device hs3 web.png
Views:	360
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1286511

And here is the same on HS Mobile:

Click image for larger version  Name:	root device hs3 mobile.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	1285304
    Even though I do not have the root device hidden from mobile in the HS3 web interface, it is still "hidden" in HS Mobile. Now if you're running HS Touch as well then I'm out of ideas. Hope this helps.

-Jon

Leave a comment:

• Crumpy
    replied
    Maybe I was a bit harsh.

After playing around more with the HS Mobile app, I have worked out how to display on teh dashboard just the devices I want. It seems an unnecessarily complicated way of doing it, but it works.

I would have liked to display in the devices section those which I wanted, rather than the root devices, but I can be set up so that only the devices I want to see are in the dashboard, and it is fairly flexible in terms of how to display them.

I am starting to see some appeal over Imperihome. The test will be the setting up the cameras.....

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Crumpy
    replied
    Maybe I am missing something, but from my perspective HS Mobile is essentially useless.

I have some devices in HS that don't have a root device showing in the Device management section (not sure why). For the rest, I have a root device.

For those with a root device, I have the root device set to not display in mobile, since I see no reason to clutter up my Mobile view with root devices.

As a consequence, the only devices I see in HS Mobile is those devices without a root device, as those devices don't have a root device to set.

So it seems the only option if you want to use HS Mobile is to clutter up HS Mobile with useless root devices.

Disappointingly, I'll be sticking with Imperihome.

If someone has a solution to this, I'd be delighted to to hear. Seems like a major logic failure on the part of HS in their design of HS Mobile.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• jonegil
    replied
    I have a lot of Ikea Tradfri bulbs and remotes in addition to a lot of Xiaomi zigbee sensors. They are all connected to HomeSeer thru deCONZ and JowiHue plugin. I experience that the nodes with one child in addition to the root device only will show the child device. The nodes with only the root device or with more than one child device looks normal. All the devices are configured to "unhide" and "show in mobile". I have the same problem on both iPhone and iPad with the latest version of HomeSeer, HomeSeer Mobile and IOS.

Leave a comment:

• bobsilver1
    replied
    I had same issue of device not showing up in Mobile controller. Showed fine on HS3Touch and web interface. It was an appliance switch with USB ports and measured power. Until I put all the child devices in the same location and room this stayed hidden. Once I did that it showed up and I was able to configure its visibility and control.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X