This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Mobile Beta v4.0 (Android)

HomeSeer Mobile Beta 4.0 is ready for testing. (v0.4.0b12) You can install from the Google Play store.

This version includes the following:
    • Tablet and landscape support is here! (Amazon Fire Tablet support coming VERY soon)
      • This brings with it some changes to the dashboard grid such as the sizing of widgets and the dynamic delivery of rows. (No more setting the number of rows per dashboard)
    • App startup time has been improved to focus on making it quick and easy to control your home. We wanted to focus on making the time it takes to open the app and flip a light switch on/off as quick as possible.
    • Dimmer switches can now be toggled on/off with a single click once configured to do so on a device widget
    • Quickly create a widget with default settings with the new "Quick Add to Dashboard" option
    • International characters are not supported on widgets
    • Added a timestamp to camera snapshots
    • Certificates are now supported when connecting via hostname or IP
    Known Issues:
    • Scrolling while dragging a widget is not yet supported
    • Editing a widget that is targeting a device that no longer exist or that the user no longer has access to will crash the app.
    • Rapidly switching back and forth between tabs will crash some older devices.

Please post your feedback and any issues you find.

Features:
    Customizable dashboard. Add any device, resize, control items to show. Multiple dashboards are supported
    Device list. Shows all devices, supports sorting and controlling any device and adding devices to the dashboard.
    Event list. Show all events, run an event, add to the dashboard.
    Camera list. Shows the latest snapshot from all cameras. Click on a camera to display larger real-time view and pan/tilt controls. The camera list is auto-updated every 10 seconds.
    Supports log in from MyHS and local IP.

Getting Started:
    To get started, you must have HS3 version 3.0.0.470 or later. HS3 version 3.0.0.478 is required for the camera list to work. You can grab that from here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

You will need to install from the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobile.android
    Android Lollipop (v5.0 API 21) is the minimum supported OS version. For the best experience, we recommend Android Marshmallow (v6.0 API 23) or newer.

We have a knowledge base with some documentation here: https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/catego...omeseer-mobile
    You can also get to this knowledge base from the help menu in the app.

Reporting Bugs / Issues:
    If you run into any crashes, you will be prompted with a dialog to submit crash info, please submit this! It will contain valuable information.

If you find a non-crash bug or there is an enhancement you would like to request, from within HomeSeer Mobile select the menu icon (upper left corner) then the "Send Feedback" item. This will start an email. Fill it in and submit. You can include screenshots as attachments. This will create a ticket in our bug tracking system. You can also post any issue to this forum so others can review, but an issue will not get addressed unless it is in our bug tracker.
    With HomeSeer Mobile, your smart home is always within reach! • Monitor and control any devices connected to your HomeSeer system. • Launch HomeSeer automation events. • Monitor your smart cameras. • Create custom dashboards for quick access to lighting, security and often used devices. • Control your home by voice. • Access any of your HomeSeer systems with a single login (MyHS Remote Premium Required). Requirements: • Any HomeSeer system running HS3 software v3.0.0.470 or higher. PLEASE NOTE: Some mobile devices may not be supported.

HomeSeer Mobile has been updated to v0.4.0b13. This version includes the following changes:
    • Event groups are now alpha sorted
    • Device widgets will now correctly show the bottom control sheet instead of the device info page where appropriate

Comment

Just upgraded and cannot login any more through the app - i'm on 3.0.0.478.

Logging in via a web browser seems to work fine either directly to my local server, or via myHS

I've also tried specifying the local server and errors with "Unable to resolve host <a.b.c.d>json" No address associated with teh host

Please let me know what you need to troubleshoot.

Comment

I get the ...json error as well now. It is added to my ip address of my system automatically so I can no longer connect.

Comment

So i've just tested it again this morning, and here's my results/I think i've locked down the problem - its accessing it via mobile when you're on the same LAN. Here's my findings:
          - It's affecting all of my Android devices running the new version, noting that the previous version worked fine
          - It doesn't appear to be a MyHS credential issue, as I can log into myhs and depending on if i'm on the same LAN segment, or remote, i either get redirected to the local server IP address, or the "connected" online ones.
          - It does appear to be an issue with the passthrough authentication interface between MyHS and my local Homeseer server, as when i loaded IE (I normally use chrome) and logged onto MyHS, it first (successfully) authenticated me to MyHS, but it then prompted me for my local credential authentication, and it wasn't until I entered that, that this worked. I note that when i access this truly remotely (e.g. over 3/4G) that the passthrough authentication works
          - There have been no changes to my local HS config, and the key options (Enable remote access through MyHS service, Automatically create HSTouch user authenticated through MyHS, use find.homeseer.com
          - When I use the app over 3G/4G, it works fine
          - As soon as I turn on WiFi, I no longer log in, and I see a log entry for Web Server login failed from <IP> User: <myHS details>
          - I've tried setting my local server settings under the ... / Connect to Hostname or IP, but they don't appear to work with either "MyHS" logon credentials, or actual local server credentials

Grateful if you can tell me further how to troubleshoot / advise how to fix

Comment

Having the same issue. Can add a bit more detail to what schnark posted above: I *only* use LAN with an IP no MyHS credentials at all, and get the "Unable to resolve host <a.b.c.d>json" error

Comment

I submitted some inputs and issues via the app but wanted to share in case others we also seeing these issues:

If you're in a dashboard and you edit a widget, after you return the dashboard is all jumbled and the widgets are all over the place on that dashboard. The widgets will not always be allowed to be moved back into place. Closing the app and then reopening it will allow you to put the widgets back.

Not a fan of the alphabetizing on the dashboards. Was hoping to be able to choose the order. I have a dashboard that contains all my battery monitors and although they are important, neither the batteries or the bathrooms are a priority when compared to the living room and garage dashboards. Feature request - please allow us to choose the order of the dashboards.

I have phantom ! over the widgets. Occasionally when I load the app and go to a dashboard the widget will be grayed out and have an exclamation mark though it. After a second or two they usually clear up. Tapping the widget will also clear the !

App load time went backwards. Even when local, it takes 3-5 seconds or more to load. Use to load substantially faster than that.

Location 2 has a check mark but un-checking it has no effect and the location 2 is always displayed.
              Dan-O
              HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Interesting update on the logon bug/slight workaround that is a bit weird/may have some security implications, as I've found that you can use the app via Wifi if you follow these steps:
                - Disable WiFi and then logon over 3G/4G or via a non-local LAN segment (this won't help you if you're trying to use a tablet without a SIM)
                - Once you've logged in, re-start Wifi and it seems to work fine - i've confirmed this by monitoring the values in my dashboard against the eventlog, and its definately getting updates

I'm a bit worried however that the authentication token (or other method) assigned to the mobile device carries forward when you completely change your IP address. I would have hoped that either MyHS or the local server would know that your IP address had changed, and would prompt you to re-authenticate as you've just gone from outside the firewall to inside it!

Homeseer team - this isn't a workaround for us that have tablets without data SIMs, so grateful if you can please investigate / fix - happy to provide whatever info you need! Getting basic logon functionality is most definitely the priority please.

Thanks,

Kieran

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback.

If you are experiencing the "Unable to resolve host..." error, this means that the app was unable to connect to the system using
                  Code:
                  http://<IP_ADDRESS>/
                  This can occur after enabling SSL on HS3 and will persist until the system is rebooted. Please restart HS3 and check if the issue persists. If you are trying to connect to a system by specifying the IP address or hostname and are receiving this error, please check that you have entered the correct port for your system and that you have checked the box for HTTPS if you have SSL turned on.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi JL,

So i've worked out what one of the bugs is, and how to workaround it if you only use a local connection - if you don't force set the port as port 80 (i.e. put 80 in the optional field), it appears to try to connect to some other port (i'm guessing 443) and throws the JSON error. Once you connected using local not MyHS credentials, it works.

That said, this isn't a fix, this is a workaround as:
                    - In the previous version, you could use MyHS credentials for everything and then it'd work whether you're at home (i.e. on WiFi) or away (i.e. on 3G/4G) - this doesn't work any more
                    - I can see entries in the log when its trying to logon to the server but fails with a "Web Server login failed from: <local IP> User: <MyHS username>"
                    - I can access the server just fine via Chrome on my mobile/my tablet using local credentials - i.e. its not a problem with my device

This seems to suggest that the MyHS to server connectivity is not longer working when the app is used. I can confirm that it works fine when I turn off WiFi, and use 3G to get in via a browser. Interestingly though, there doesn't appear to be a logon event in my logs when I use this method, which is not how I remember it working, and suggests something else may be in play here. I force stopped Chrome again, and then logged back in, and it connected back in (in Chrome) to the local server (after authenticating in MyHS) as a Guest user, with the following logon message "Web Server authorized local login successful from: <IP> User:"

I'd suggest that there are at least two bugs in play here:
                    - One in regards to the MyHS->App credential pass through - there may also be a separate bug as when I used to logon via MyHS remotely, it would log me in as admin, not as a guest
                    - One in regards to the optional field not being option / the app not defaulting to port 80 when local credentials are used

I'm more than happy to troubleshoot with you / assist as required, please just let me know what you need.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190103-174251.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1271802

A screen shot of the json error. It looks like, where it should be appending /json blah blah to the end of the hostname, it's forgetting the forward slash.
                      As a result trying to resolve .netjson as the top level domain instead of just .net
                      Likely literally a one character error in the code.

This occurs when using the "connect via IP/ hostname" option.

Comment

I tried to log in and it said upgrade from 3.0.0.208 to 3.0.0.470? I am using web software. Do I have to have HS3 installed on machine? Upgrade controller?

Current Date/Time: 1/4/2019 11:54:33 AM
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.208
                        Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 21 Hours 37 Minutes 16 Seconds
                        IP Address: 10.0.1.20
                        Number of Devices: 198
                        Number of Events: 19

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                        3.1.0.13: Sonos
                        3.0.1.25: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by txcanes View Post
                          I tried to log in and it said upgrade from 3.0.0.208 to 3.0.0.470? I am using web software. Do I have to have HS3 installed on machine? Upgrade controller?

Current Date/Time: 1/4/2019 11:54:33 AM
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.208
                          Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 21 Hours 37 Minutes 16 Seconds
                          IP Address: 10.0.1.20
                          Number of Devices: 198
                          Number of Events: 19

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                          3.1.0.13: Sonos
                          3.0.1.25: Z-Wave

Are you are asking if you have to upgrade your HS3 system? If so, yes you do. When you look at the first post in this thread or at the details in the app store it states that it requires .470 or later of HS3 installed. I'm running .484
                          HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                          Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

An update has been published to the Android version: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...a-v4-1-android

Comment

Working...
                            X