HomeSeer Mobile Beta v1.1 (iOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomeSeer Mobile Beta v1.1 (iOS)

HomeSeer Mobile iOS Beta 1.1 is ready for testing. (v1.1.0b7)

To test, install the TestFlight app on your IOS device and use this link to join the Beta:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/YChZViLH

This version includes the following:
    • App startup time has been improved to focus on making it quick and easy to control your home. We wanted to focus on making the time it takes to open the app and flip a light switch on/off as quick as possible.
    • Dimmer switches can now be toggled on/off with a single click once configured to do so on a device widget
    • Quickly create a widget with default settings with the new "Quick Add to Dashboard" option
    • International characters are now supported on widgets
    • Added a timestamp to camera snapshots
    • Certificates are now supported when connecting via hostname or IP
    • Overall performance and stability enhancements to improve the quality of the user experience
    • Primary device configuration has been removed from the device details/list due to confusion around how it interacts with the primary device configured on related widgets. The primary device can still be configured on widgets as expected
    • The login page will now scroll when fields are obstructed as expected
    Known Issues:
    • On IOS 9 the search bar on the devices page is not displayed. The search bar we are using is only available in later IOS versions. The filters still work as expected.
    • When editing a thermostat widget, hiding the controls is not honored.
    • On the login screen, on some iPhone models, the password field is hidden.
    Please post your feedback and any issues you find.

Features:
    • Supports iOS 9.3 or later
    • Supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices, although screen formats are optimized for the iPhone
    • Customizable dashboard. Add any device, resize, control items to show. Multiple dashboards are supported
    • Device list. Shows all devices, supports sorting and controlling any device and adding devices to the dashboard.
    • Event list. Show all events, run an event, add to the dashboard.
    • Camera list. Shows the latest snapshot from all cameras. Click on a camera to display larger real-time view and pan/tilt controls. The camera list is auto-updated every 10 seconds.
    • Supports log in from MyHS and local IP.
    Getting Started:
    To get started, you must have HS3 version 3.0.0.478. You can grab that from here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

We have a knowledge base with some documentation here: https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/catego...omeseer-mobile
    You can also get to this knowledge base from the help menu in the app.

Please post any issues or feature requests you might have to this forum.
    Using TestFlight is a great way to help developers test beta versions of their apps.
    - JL West
    HomeSeer Software Engineer
    sigpic

Thanks for fixing the startup issue. Now it will start within 5 seconds while the previous version took 53 seconds.

---
    John

Comment

The new update has wreaked havoc on the room titles/floors on all of my dashboard widgets. Titles have been switched around at random - my Blue Iris status widget shows the name of one of the thermostats. Alarm control shows the name of a lamp in our bedroom. Sometimes it will show Location 1 Location 2 instead of any floor or room name.

Comment

Cameras still not working. With the previous version at startup I would see the camera images for 1-2 seconds then they would disappear. Now I only get the spinning wheel. 😕. Could somebody post a camera URL format that actually works. Or perhaps a public camera URL.
        Attached Files
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

No battery level for locks and other battery devices.

Comment

Tried to login with an iPad 3 (A1430) vers. 9.3.5 and it says: "Unexpected eror. Please try again. An unexpected network error has occured". No issues to login with an ipad Air...

Comment

I’m very disappointed that after 6 months I am still not able to view any of my cameras. I’ve been using the Jon00 Web page builder to show my cameras for several years. I am also using the HSBuddy iOS app and it immediately showed all my cameras. Are 3rd party sources more capable than HS?

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I'm see this as well.

Originally posted by NET1 View Post
                The new update has wreaked havoc on the room titles/floors on all of my dashboard widgets. Titles have been switched around at random - my Blue Iris status widget shows the name of one of the thermostats. Alarm control shows the name of a lamp in our bedroom. Sometimes it will show Location 1 Location 2 instead of any floor or room name.

Comment

An update has been published for HomeSeer Mobile iOS Beta 1.1. (v1.1.0rc10)

To test, install the TestFlight app on your IOS device and use this link to join the Beta:

• Updated MyHS routing so the list of systems only shows those that are online
                  • Fixed a crash that occurs when switching dashboards
                  • The camera details page layout has been adjusted so that the snapshot is sized more appropriately for each screen
                  • The device layout has been adjusted so that it better adheres to the size of the cell.
                  Known Issues:
                  • On IOS 9 the search bar on the devices page is not displayed. The search bar we are using is only available in later IOS versions. The filters still work as expected.
                  • Location 2 always shows regardless of system configuration
                  - JL West
                  sigpic

Comment

Steve Q what version of HS3 are you running?

NET1 Would you be able to provide me with a screenshot of this? Thanks.
                    - JL West
                    sigpic

Comment

v1.1.0rc10 is showing the value of Location 1 and Location 2 or sometimes "Location 1 | Location 2" on the dashboard widgets even when location display is turned off. I am testing on phone XS, iOS 12.1.3 wifi and LTE. HS3 version .478 on Windows 10.

Comment

An update has been published for HomeSeer Mobile iOS Beta 1.1. (v1.1.0rc11)

• Updated crash analytics reporting
                        • Fixed an issue causing slim widgets to show location info regardless of configuration
                        Known Issues:
                        • Location 2 always shows regardless of system configuration
                        - JL West
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post
                          Steve Q what version of HS3 are you running?
                          I am running 3.0.0.478

Thanks for posting orc ver 11. I have installed it and my cameras still do not show. They work fine with the HS3 NetCam plugin. Note: they also do not show up in HS3TOUCH. I am very familiar with all the multiple commands to display my cameras on custom HS3 web pages and I use JSON script commands to control my cameras and send me emails with photos. I am not a novice. Where is your app getting the camera network information?

Thanks for for your quick response.

Steve Q

Comment

Here is my config page for the NetCam plugin. Perhaps this will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post
                              An update has been published for HomeSeer Mobile iOS Beta 1.1. (v1.1.0rc11)

This version includes the following:[LIST][*]Fixed an issue causing slim widgets to show location info regardless of configuration
                              Confirmed this is fixed! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X