X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randman
    replied
    I am using the latest version of HomeSeer Mobile in iOS. It's not processing updates properly. For example:

1. Start HomeSeer Mobile from scratch (either after rebooting iPhone or force-terminating HomeSeer Mobile.
    2. HomeSeer Mobile shows the correct status for all devices
    3. If any devices change status while HomeSeer Mobile is running in the foreground, it processes updates correctly.
    4. Bring up another app on the iPhone so HomeSeer Mobile is not running in foreground
    5. Change status of devices (i.e. turn on or off lights)
    6. Bring up HomeSeer Mobile. It does NOT have the status updates for devices changed in step #5 above.
    7. When this happens, the solution is to force terminate HomeSeer Mobile (via swipe up) and bring it back up.

So, the fact that HomeSeer Mobile doesn't update (or refresh its view) when coming up from being in the background makes me not trust its state. Often, I swipe up to terminate it and then bring it back up, so I can be confident I'm looking at the correct states.

Note: I'm using myHS to connect (still waiting for the fix to allow DDNS domain name to be used for login).

Leave a comment:

• randman
    replied
    Originally posted by numgis View Post
    Thanks for releasing this, I've stayed away from the beta as I just didn't have time to tinker. Just installed the app today on my iPhone Xs Max. Connected to my local IP as I don't use MyHS. Went to device tab and a bunch of my devices were listed, but I quickly noticed a lot of devices are missing. I do have A LOT of devices, over 100, but woudl still expect it to show them all. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting in HS to control which devices show and which do not? I'm using HS build 507 by the way (saw it was available so skipped 500).
    Also check, for devices that have parent (root) devices, that the parent is not hidden. If the parent is hidden, it’s children will not show up in Device list even if the children are not configured to be hidden. IMO, if a parent is hidden but it’s children are not, then the children should be displayed on the Device list in an ungrouped manner.

Leave a comment:

• B1Trash
    replied
    Originally posted by numgis View Post
    ...Went to device tab and a bunch of my devices were listed, but I quickly noticed a lot of devices are missing. I do have A LOT of devices, over 100, but woudl still expect it to show them all. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting in HS to control which devices show and which do not? ...
    On the web GUI home page click on the name of the device. That will bring you to the configuration tab for the device. There you can select or unselect "Hide device from mobile views". That is the settings that you used to hide or show devices in HS Mobile. If you're still not seeing your device, then there's something wrong.

Leave a comment:

• numgis
    replied
    Thanks for releasing this, I've stayed away from the beta as I just didn't have time to tinker. Just installed the app today on my iPhone Xs Max. Connected to my local IP as I don't use MyHS. Went to device tab and a bunch of my devices were listed, but I quickly noticed a lot of devices are missing. I do have A LOT of devices, over 100, but woudl still expect it to show them all. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting in HS to control which devices show and which do not? I'm using HS build 507 by the way (saw it was available so skipped 500).

Leave a comment:

• Tillsy
    replied
    I have a couple of devices where I created an animated GIF for the graphic to specifically highlight a function. HomeSeer mobile is not playing the animation and is only showing frame 1 - hopefully that can be fixed in a future release?

As well as a dark mode (the white glow from the iPad on my kitchen wall is really bright late at night) and more control over the sizing of dashboard items.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
    On my iPad Pro, I connect via my IP address. This works fine when I am using my local LAN IP. When away from home, I assumed I would be able to connect by entering my Internet address (WAN IP) 68.23.xxx.xx: XX. I was able to connect one time, but now I can no longer connect. I have also tried my other usernames and none of them are working. Can someone confirm that remote acces via IP is working? Can some one also confirm what privilege settings are needed for HS3 on the network settings page. Note: I have been Connecting to HS3 remotely via IP for years; no issues whatsoever.
    I discovered an error (numbers transposed) in the WAN IP address I was using. After correcting the IP address, I was able to connect with my iPad Pro and I was able to use HS mobile to connect remotely to control HS3. It works very well. Very fast. I have HS3 network settings set to “Admin”.

Leave a comment:

• feman
    replied
    I tried the capitalization thing also and still cannot connect.

Leave a comment:

• Mark S.
    replied
    Originally posted by ralnet View Post
    I cant open mobil on any of my ipads.

Error - unexpected network error, try again.
    I'm seeing this on an iPad 3 (iOS 9.3.5). The capitalization thing doesn't work either. My iPad 4 and newer seem to work fine.

Leave a comment:

• ralnet
    replied
    That worked with uppercase letter but I still can’t save widgets on iPhone 8+.

Leave a comment:

• ralnet
    replied
    All I can say is this is nuts, one day it works the next day it doesn't. It took me a few minuets to find the forum after they changed the links. I love this system but I sure would not recommend it to anyone who does have time for home security or automation. Just my thoughts.....

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Originally posted by ralnet View Post

Try your user name with a uppercase first letter or a lowercase first letter. See some of the earlier posts in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    On my iPad Pro, I connect via my IP address. This works fine when I am using my local LAN IP. When away from home, I assumed I would be able to connect by entering my Internet address (WAN IP) 68.23.xxx.xx: XX. I was able to connect one time, but now I can no longer connect. I have also tried my other usernames and none of them are working. Can someone confirm that remote acces via IP is working? Can some one also confirm what privilege settings are needed for HS3 on the network settings page. Note: I have been Connecting to HS3 remotely via IP for years; no issues whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• ralnet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Originally posted by feman View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has seen his problem.

I can log into myhs.homeseer.com with my username and password via any web browser but when I use the same credentials in the new mobile app, it get a message saying it is logging in then displays a message saying "Error, please check the username and password and try again".

I failed to mention that this is from an iPhone 7 with the latest IOS.

Any ideas?
    I am traveling now which gives me the chance to do some remote access testing. I also had problems connecting to the iOS mobile via my HomeSeer with my iPhone. When I closed the app and restarted, it connected. Seems OK now.

Leave a comment:

• ralnet
    replied
    I cant seem to save widgets on my IOS *+ again.

Current Date/Time: 2/15/2019 10:11:22 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.500
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    System Uptime: 7 Days 21 Hours 3 Minutes 41 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.215
    Number of Devices: 551
    Number of Events: 69
    Available Threads: 200
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: shuttle inc.
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.3.2.0: APCUPSD
    3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger
    3.9.610.5: HSBuddy
    3.0.0.108: LutronCaseta
    3.0.6.8: SDJ-Health
    3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3
    3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3
    3.0.6922.16073: UltraM1G3
    3.0.5902.19061: UltraSMTP3
    3.0.1.256: Z-Wave

Leave a comment: