Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In HS Mobile, I have an a Virtual Toggle Switch For All TVs with On/Off as the Status.

Each runs an event to do exactly what it says.

in HS Touch the controls are correct, On and Off.

In HS Mobile, I have no control options or toggle on and off for some reason.

I have tried checking, IS LIGHT and USE POP UP FOR CONTROLS but neither worked.

Any ideas?

My ALL LIGHTS is the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
      in HS Touch the controls are correct, On and Off.

In HS Mobile, I have no control options or toggle on and off for some reason.
      What does your HS3 Status Graphics tab look like for this device. Are the "Control Use" properties set properly for the On and Off buttons?

Comment

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
        I may need to work on some column/span settings as some of the spacings inside the widgets seem off.
        Note that HomeSeer Mobile padding and spacing works best with the "default" display size and font size. If you have your phone's display size and/or font size set to anything larger, that will affect the internal spacing and padding.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I feel like its right...

Comment

I think the lack of backup is going to make a lot of people try the app but not invest in it as they know their whole config is going to be lost in the phone has an issue, they need to change device or want to copy the config to somebody else's device in the family.

It happened to me during the beta phase. Due to early issues in the app, I had twice the occasion where I had to clear the app memory to get out of the start up loop. I haven't tried more complex designs since.

I think a simple import/export to local XML would make most people confident enough to try more complex designs.

Comment

UPDATE (8-Feb): SOLVED
              I deleted the stat widget and attempted to re-add. The app crashed each time I pressed Save. I then tried to do a Quick Add to the dashboard and that worked! Looks great now when I click the light colored control buttons. Pops up the real controls.

Just installed tonight and created a few dashboards on an iPhone. I look forward to the ability to export the config so I can import it into other iOS devices in our family and use it as a starting template for each with slight tweaks thereafter.

I have not found a great way to make my Thermostat easily controllable from a widget. No temp up/down buttons appear. Wondering if thermostat recognition and rendering/controls will be improved in a future release?

Anyone here get their thermostat to show as a nice looking widget with intuitive controls?

Comment

UPDATE (8-Feb): SOLVED
                I deleted the stat widget and attempted to re-add. The app crashed each time I pressed Save. I then tried to do a Quick Add to the dashboard and that worked! Looks great now when I click the light colored control buttons. Pops up the real controls.

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
                Here is my Man Cave Screen and My Home Screen
                How are you getting your thermostat to display so nicely with controls etc? And which brand stat do you have? I have a GoControl and I cannot get mine to look right or control easily in the mobile app. Thanks!

Comment

I'm just a little disappointed that there's a 98% chance that HomeSeer Mobile will crash when launched...
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Is there a roadmap for HSM?

As I see it now, it has potensial to replace both imperihome and hsbuddy. (nothing wrong with either, but 2 less plugins would be nice)

The app needs first and mostly:

Nightmode
                    import/export config
                    Push notifications/speaker

EDIT: and non prosessing on inactive tab, for slower devices (might allready be included) ?

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Note that HomeSeer Mobile padding and spacing works best with the "default" display size and font size. If you have your phone's display size and/or font size set to anything larger, that will affect the internal spacing and padding.
                      That would certainly be the cause then I think. I'm using a Google Pixel 3 and have the default display size turned up one notch. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by jbeletti View Post
                        Just installed tonight and created a few dashboards on an iPhone. I look forward to the ability to export the config so I can import it into other iOS devices in our family and use it as a starting template for each with slight tweaks thereafter.

I have not found a great way to make my Thermostat easily controllable from a widget. No temp up/down buttons appear. Wondering if thermostat recognition and rendering/controls will be improved in a future release?

Anyone here get their thermostat to show as a nice looking widget with intuitive controls?
                        For the thermostat, you tap on the 3 x 3 grey squares and the thermostat controls will pop up from the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by jbeletti View Post

I can add a thermostat widget, but I can’t configure it. I have a Trane zwave t-stat. If I tap the widget (not in the button area) and select “info”, I am able to go to the thermostat settings and enter a setpoint. Not very elegant but it works. And since I rarely change setpoins, it’s ok for me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4E09643F-95CA-4902-A3E2-949F7AB7AD48.png Views:	1 Size:	258.0 KB ID:	1283324
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post

I can add a thermostat widget, but I can’t configure it. I have a Trane zwave t-stat. If I tap the widget (not in the button area) and select “info”, I am able to go to the thermostat settings and enter a setpoint. Not very elegant but it works. And since I rarely change setpoins, it’s ok for me.
                            Thanks Steve - same exact thing here. I see it but it's not elegant by any stretch. Hope to see it improved down the road.

Comment

In my HS3 setup on my computer, zwave child devices are included as HS3 devices in the HS3 device manager. They do not however show up as devices in the HS mobile app. Is there a setting somewhere?
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by mikalj View Post
                                Is there a roadmap for HSM?

As I see it now, it has potensial to replace both imperihome and hsbuddy. (nothing wrong with either, but 2 less plugins would be nice)

The app needs first and mostly:

Nightmode
                                import/export config
                                Push notifications/speaker

EDIT: and non prosessing on inactive tab, for slower devices (might allready be included) ?
                                What is nightmode? What do you mean by push notifications?

Comment

Working...
                                X