Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is this is nuts, one day it works the next day it doesn't. It took me a few minuets to find the forum after they changed the links. I love this system but I sure would not recommend it to anyone who does have time for home security or automation. Just my thoughts.....

Comment

That worked with uppercase letter but I still can’t save widgets on iPhone 8+.

Comment

Originally posted by ralnet View Post
        I cant open mobil on any of my ipads.

Error - unexpected network error, try again.
        I'm seeing this on an iPad 3 (iOS 9.3.5). The capitalization thing doesn't work either. My iPad 4 and newer seem to work fine.
        Mark

Comment

I tried the capitalization thing also and still cannot connect.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
            On my iPad Pro, I connect via my IP address. This works fine when I am using my local LAN IP. When away from home, I assumed I would be able to connect by entering my Internet address (WAN IP) 68.23.xxx.xx: XX. I was able to connect one time, but now I can no longer connect. I have also tried my other usernames and none of them are working. Can someone confirm that remote acces via IP is working? Can some one also confirm what privilege settings are needed for HS3 on the network settings page. Note: I have been Connecting to HS3 remotely via IP for years; no issues whatsoever.
            I discovered an error (numbers transposed) in the WAN IP address I was using. After correcting the IP address, I was able to connect with my iPad Pro and I was able to use HS mobile to connect remotely to control HS3. It works very well. Very fast. I have HS3 network settings set to β€œAdmin”.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I have a couple of devices where I created an animated GIF for the graphic to specifically highlight a function. HomeSeer mobile is not playing the animation and is only showing frame 1 - hopefully that can be fixed in a future release?

As well as a dark mode (the white glow from the iPad on my kitchen wall is really bright late at night) and more control over the sizing of dashboard items.

Comment

Thanks for releasing this, I've stayed away from the beta as I just didn't have time to tinker. Just installed the app today on my iPhone Xs Max. Connected to my local IP as I don't use MyHS. Went to device tab and a bunch of my devices were listed, but I quickly noticed a lot of devices are missing. I do have A LOT of devices, over 100, but woudl still expect it to show them all. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting in HS to control which devices show and which do not? I'm using HS build 507 by the way (saw it was available so skipped 500).

Comment

Originally posted by numgis View Post
                  ...Went to device tab and a bunch of my devices were listed, but I quickly noticed a lot of devices are missing. I do have A LOT of devices, over 100, but woudl still expect it to show them all. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting in HS to control which devices show and which do not? ...
                  On the web GUI home page click on the name of the device. That will bring you to the configuration tab for the device. There you can select or unselect "Hide device from mobile views". That is the settings that you used to hide or show devices in HS Mobile. If you're still not seeing your device, then there's something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by numgis View Post
                    Thanks for releasing this, I've stayed away from the beta as I just didn't have time to tinker. Just installed the app today on my iPhone Xs Max. Connected to my local IP as I don't use MyHS. Went to device tab and a bunch of my devices were listed, but I quickly noticed a lot of devices are missing. I do have A LOT of devices, over 100, but woudl still expect it to show them all. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting in HS to control which devices show and which do not? I'm using HS build 507 by the way (saw it was available so skipped 500).
                    Also check, for devices that have parent (root) devices, that the parent is not hidden. If the parent is hidden, it’s children will not show up in Device list even if the children are not configured to be hidden. IMO, if a parent is hidden but it’s children are not, then the children should be displayed on the Device list in an ungrouped manner.

Comment

I am using the latest version of HomeSeer Mobile in iOS. It's not processing updates properly. For example:

1. Start HomeSeer Mobile from scratch (either after rebooting iPhone or force-terminating HomeSeer Mobile.
                      2. HomeSeer Mobile shows the correct status for all devices
                      3. If any devices change status while HomeSeer Mobile is running in the foreground, it processes updates correctly.
                      4. Bring up another app on the iPhone so HomeSeer Mobile is not running in foreground
                      5. Change status of devices (i.e. turn on or off lights)
                      6. Bring up HomeSeer Mobile. It does NOT have the status updates for devices changed in step #5 above.
                      7. When this happens, the solution is to force terminate HomeSeer Mobile (via swipe up) and bring it back up.

So, the fact that HomeSeer Mobile doesn't update (or refresh its view) when coming up from being in the background makes me not trust its state. Often, I swipe up to terminate it and then bring it back up, so I can be confident I'm looking at the correct states.

Note: I'm using myHS to connect (still waiting for the fix to allow DDNS domain name to be used for login).

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
                        I am using the latest version of HomeSeer Mobile in iOS. It's not processing updates properly. For example:

1. Start HomeSeer Mobile from scratch (either after rebooting iPhone or force-terminating HomeSeer Mobile.
                        2. HomeSeer Mobile shows the correct status for all devices
                        3. If any devices change status while HomeSeer Mobile is running in the foreground, it processes updates correctly.
                        4. Bring up another app on the iPhone so HomeSeer Mobile is not running in foreground
                        5. Change status of devices (i.e. turn on or off lights)
                        6. Bring up HomeSeer Mobile. It does NOT have the status updates for devices changed in step #5 above.
                        7. When this happens, the solution is to force terminate HomeSeer Mobile (via swipe up) and bring it back up.

So, the fact that HomeSeer Mobile doesn't update (or refresh its view) when coming up from being in the background makes me not trust its state. Often, I swipe up to terminate it and then bring it back up, so I can be confident I'm looking at the correct states.

Note: I'm using myHS to connect (still waiting for the fix to allow DDNS domain name to be used for login).
                        Looks similar to my issue.

Does disable and enable the refresh button not show the effect you want? It does it in my case.

---
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Looks similar to my issue.

Does disable and enable the refresh button not show the effect you want? It does it in my case.

---
                          John
                          If the HomeSeer Mobile app is running, and I manually (using the physical switch) turn on or off a light, the HomeSeer Mobile app will update automatically without me having to disable and enable the refresh button. But, if the HomeSeer Mobile app was running in the background, and I manually turn on or off a light, and then bring HomeSeer Mobile app to the foreground, it does not show the latest status. If I disable and enable the refresh button, it will update properly. A little less annoying than having to swipe up to terminate and restart. But I think the default behavior should be, as long as the refresh button is enabled, it should always refresh the status w/o having to disable and reenable the refresh button.

Seems that the HomeSeer Mobile app needs a fix so that if it is brought up from the background to the foreground that it refresh its status automatically. HS3Touch, if brought from background to foreground does show the latest and greatest status. No refresh enabling/disabling needed. HomeSeer Mobile should do the same.

Comment

rjh Can you comment on whether native push notifications are planned for the app and if so, on what timeline? I know it's been mentioned in this thread as well as the pre-release feature requests thread and possibly elsewhere, but I've never seen any response from HST.

I've no interest in reopening the conversation about relative merits of using Pushover, YAMA, etc., for notifications, although I know it may be inevitable. Suffice to say that I'm aware of the alternatives for implementing push notifications but am curious whether there are plans to integrate into HS Mobile.

Thanks for any light you can put on this.
                            -Wade

Comment

Yes, push notifications will be added, but I don't have a time frame.

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                              rjh Can you comment on whether native push notifications are planned for the app and if so, on what timeline? I know it's been mentioned in this thread as well as the pre-release feature requests thread and possibly elsewhere, but I've never seen any response from HST.

I've no interest in reopening the conversation about relative merits of using Pushover, YAMA, etc., for notifications, although I know it may be inevitable. Suffice to say that I'm aware of the alternatives for implementing push notifications but am curious whether there are plans to integrate into HS Mobile.

Thanks for any light you can put on this.
                              πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                Yes, push notifications will be added, but I don't have a time frame.

Thanks for the reply.
                                -Wade

Comment

Working...
                                X