X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellhahn
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post

Note that HomeSeer Mobile padding and spacing works best with the "default" display size and font size. If you have your phone's display size and/or font size set to anything larger, that will affect the internal spacing and padding.
    That would certainly be the cause then I think. I'm using a Google Pixel 3 and have the default display size turned up one notch. Thanks for the tip.

Leave a comment:

• mikalj
    replied
    Is there a roadmap for HSM?

As I see it now, it has potensial to replace both imperihome and hsbuddy. (nothing wrong with either, but 2 less plugins would be nice)

The app needs first and mostly:

Nightmode
    import/export config
    Push notifications/speaker

EDIT: and non prosessing on inactive tab, for slower devices (might allready be included) ?

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I'm just a little disappointed that there's a 98% chance that HomeSeer Mobile will crash when launched...

Leave a comment:

• jbeletti
    replied
    UPDATE (8-Feb): SOLVED
    I deleted the stat widget and attempted to re-add. The app crashed each time I pressed Save. I then tried to do a Quick Add to the dashboard and that worked! Looks great now when I click the light colored control buttons. Pops up the real controls.

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
    Here is my Man Cave Screen and My Home Screen
    How are you getting your thermostat to display so nicely with controls etc? And which brand stat do you have? I have a GoControl and I cannot get mine to look right or control easily in the mobile app. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jbeletti
    replied
    UPDATE (8-Feb): SOLVED
    I deleted the stat widget and attempted to re-add. The app crashed each time I pressed Save. I then tried to do a Quick Add to the dashboard and that worked! Looks great now when I click the light colored control buttons. Pops up the real controls.

Just installed tonight and created a few dashboards on an iPhone. I look forward to the ability to export the config so I can import it into other iOS devices in our family and use it as a starting template for each with slight tweaks thereafter.

I have not found a great way to make my Thermostat easily controllable from a widget. No temp up/down buttons appear. Wondering if thermostat recognition and rendering/controls will be improved in a future release?

Anyone here get their thermostat to show as a nice looking widget with intuitive controls?

Leave a comment:

• LaurentR
    replied
    I think the lack of backup is going to make a lot of people try the app but not invest in it as they know their whole config is going to be lost in the phone has an issue, they need to change device or want to copy the config to somebody else's device in the family.

It happened to me during the beta phase. Due to early issues in the app, I had twice the occasion where I had to clear the app memory to get out of the start up loop. I haven't tried more complex designs since.

I think a simple import/export to local XML would make most people confident enough to try more complex designs.

Leave a comment:

• mbg0333
    replied
    I feel like its right...

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
    I may need to work on some column/span settings as some of the spacings inside the widgets seem off.
    Note that HomeSeer Mobile padding and spacing works best with the "default" display size and font size. If you have your phone's display size and/or font size set to anything larger, that will affect the internal spacing and padding.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
    in HS Touch the controls are correct, On and Off.

In HS Mobile, I have no control options or toggle on and off for some reason.
    What does your HS3 Status Graphics tab look like for this device. Are the "Control Use" properties set properly for the On and Off buttons?

Leave a comment:

• mbg0333
    replied
    In HS Mobile, I have an a Virtual Toggle Switch For All TVs with On/Off as the Status.

Each runs an event to do exactly what it says.

in HS Touch the controls are correct, On and Off.

In HS Mobile, I have no control options or toggle on and off for some reason.

I have tried checking, IS LIGHT and USE POP UP FOR CONTROLS but neither worked.

Any ideas?

My ALL LIGHTS is the same way.

Leave a comment:

• randman
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Q View Post

If you are only trying to prevent a few events from being triggered, you could use a HS3 virtual device ON as a condition for the event trigger. Then set up the virtual device so that you are the only one who can see it. This is clearly not an elegant solution but maybe it would make sense for door locks and other security related items.
    I've got too many events for this.

Maybe the the mobile app should only show “manually triggered” events?
    This would be a nice feature (so a quick toggle to do above would be nice), and then for finer granularity, be able to specify on a per-event basis whether to display it or not. I thought, for now, the option that would work would be all or nothing by using a guest user, but doesn't seem to work.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied

If you are only trying to prevent a few events from being triggered, you could use a HS3 virtual device ON as a condition for the event trigger. Then set up the virtual device so that you are the only one who can see it. This is clearly not an elegant solution but maybe it would make sense for door locks and other security related items.

This may not work! I think the conditions are ignored when the event is triggered manually.

Maybe an all or none approach to mobile event processing. A single check box to disable (or hide) all events. This would be specific for each mobile device.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Originally posted by randman View Post

I haven't tried that, but since it's a not a user-specific setting, it doesn't sound like it would be useful for my use-case. My use case is: I want to use one user for my iPhone, which will have access to all events. But for my wife, use another user which doesn't have access to events. As mentioned earlier, looks like it started working after my initial post (i.e. events no longer show up for the new user), but HomeSeer Mobile shows some error messages.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Locking out mobile event processing is a good idea. Maybe the easiest way to do it is to add that as an option for each event.

Leave a comment:

• randman
    replied
    Originally posted by randman View Post
    I'm looking into setting up HomeSeer Mobile (iOS version) in other family member's iOS devices. I don't want them to be able to run events. In Setup->Network, I created a new user with "Normal" user rights, but I unchecked "Event Access". When this user is logged on HomeSeer Mobile, events still show up and can be executed by the user. I then changed the user to have "Guest" user rights. Same problem. The user can still see events and run them. Seems like HomeSeer Mobile isn't checking the rights to run (or not run) events. An even fancier feature would be to be able to specify, for each event, which users are allowed to run the event. But for now, I'd be happy to be able to specify all or nothing based on user rights.

I successfully tested that specifying which users can access devices works properly with HomeSeer mobile, so I can specify what devices a particular user shouldn't be able to see.

EDIT: an hour later, I logged in again as the new user with only Guest user rights. This time, when I select Events in HomeSeer Mobile, a message on the bottom of the screen comes up saying:

We are having a difficult time talking to HomesSeer. Details...

When I click on Details..., I get a dialog box saying:

Error
    An unexpected error has occurred.
    Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source

So, don't know why that same user was able to see events earlier (even after restarting HomeSeer Mobile), but now, events don't show up (as desired), but I get above error messages (ideally, if the user doesn't have access to events, the Events button on the bottom of the screen shouldn't even show up).

Thanks.
    Hmmm... I restarted HomeSeer MObile, and this time, I logged in as the normal (administrative) user that has access to Events. When logged in as this user, when I click on Events in HomeSeer Mobile, I get the above errors, and no events show up. So, looks like above problem is not related to whether I am logged in as a normal user or a guest user.
    I restarted HS3, and now I can see all events again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X