Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloaded Homeseer Mobile for the first time from the Google Play Store. The version that shows up, and the one that was installed is 0.4.1rc6. I don’t see the v1.0 version.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q

So I have to spend another 4-5 hours creating dashboards for my wife’s iPhone!! 😠😠😠

-100 WAF!!!
      Gentle reminder that this is the first release or the app... more features to come.
      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by pcp

Being able to export (to HS3) and import on other mobile devices would be really welcome for adoption by other family members. In addition being able to 'lock' the dashboard edit mode (edit widgets, delete widgets...) to avoid changes for some users and usability; once configured it is a bit too easy to have the edit menus popup while not intended when clicking on dashboard widgets.
        Really need to be able to lock editing and swipe between dashboards.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

yup, that's because you're an official beta tester. Open a Chrome window using incognito mode and try the link again. The "Beta" tag will disappear.
          When I use an incognito window it requires me to login before I can install. Once I login it thinks I'm a beta tester again. Still can't install the released version.

Comment

Originally posted by jayph View Post

When I use an incognito window it requires me to login before I can install. Once I login it thinks I'm a beta tester again. Still can't install the released version.
            I think I figured it out... I first had to quit the beta program and uninstall the app. Then I clicked on the developer name and HS Mobile (no beta) showed up as available to install.

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
              Downloaded Homeseer Mobile for the first time from the Google Play Store. The version that shows up, and the one that was installed is 0.4.1rc6. I don’t see the v1.0 version.
              Maybe I spoke too soon...

macromark - I also have version 0.4.1rc6. I clicked on the link you posted on post #1 into an incognito window and it says the version # is 0.4.1rc6, not 1.0. So what is the current version of the android app? Should we be seeing version 1.0 or version 0.4.1rc6?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	hs mobile.PNG
Views:	557
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1281966

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post

I think I figured it out... I first had to quit the beta program and uninstall the app. Then I clicked on the developer name and HS Mobile (no beta) showed up as available to install.
                I quit the beta program, uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app. Still have version 0.4.1rc6

Comment

We promoted the last "RC" version to release to get it our faster since there are not any changes. So on Android you may see the version as "###RC6" and "RC18" on IOS but rest assured those are the official "1.0" releases. If the Play Store and Apple App store say you are on the latest, you have the latest version.

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

Thanks, Mark!

I'd still like to know what the most recent version of mobile is? Is v1.0 Release newer than Beta v1.1?
                  πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

RC6 is version 1, see my other posts and updated the initial post.

Originally posted by automateme View Post
                    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You cannot, will not as a feature request.

Originally posted by pcp
                      Is there a way to include the Device widget view as-is to a dashboard? In the below example I would like the root and all child devices to be includes as they are in the device view to the dashboard. Also once I added to the device as seen below, the mobile app crashed several times when attempting to edit the widget (looks like when no Primary device is selected).

Comment

Happy to finally see this available for iOS!

Just tried it out on my iPad, looks good so far except that in the Devices view I don't seem to have all my devices visible. I tried changing the filters for Floor and Room to "All" and still don't see them. Appears that it's the most recently added devices that aren't showing up, ones that I've had in Homeseer for awhile are all there (almost like it's only loading the first 50 devices or so?)

Also I had tried to use the app on an much older iPad (still running iOS 9.x, no longer able to upgrade it). Although the app store allows loading Homeseer Mobile it doesn't seem to be able to log in successfully (just gives "Unexpected error. Please try again. An unexpected network error has occurred."). I'm sure it probably has something to do with the older version of iOS and something being too old to be compatible in the app...so you might want to look into limiting the App from installing on older iOS versions (seems like a lot of Apps are like this, they give a message like "XXXX is not compatible with this iPad" if you try to install them.)

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Gentle reminder that this is the first release or the app... more features to come.
                          Fair enoughπŸ™‚
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Good to see this finally go GA! I was a little unsure about upgrading my HS3 to a beta version just to test the iOS app.

The biggest thing I'd like to see is the ability control dim level from the dashboard. Even if it was only available for a "Wide" widget, it would still be nice to have. Or maybe just a single tap to bring up a slider to change dim level. Also, when I remove sections from a widget like the title bar, the "Floor | Room" line and the status line (since the icon that displays tells of the status) the widget is still the same height, so there is a lot of wasted space).

EDIT: I just found another post (that I should have looked for before) that explains how to use the Row, Column and Column Span settings within a Device settings in Home Seer to control how this displays. I had no idea what these fields were for before but now after setting them correctly it shows me what I wanted to see. Now I'm super happy with what I can do with this app!

Comment

I'm using the iOS version of HomeSeer Mobile with HS3 running on Windows 10. I tried logging in 3 different ways:

1. myHS: I can login just fine.

2. <server>:<http port>: using http, I can login just fine.

3. <server>:<https port>: using https (where <https port> is in the Setup->Labs tab), I can't login. HomeSeer Mobile gives me this error message:
                              "Unexpected error. Please try again. An unexpected network error has occurred".

The HS3 log has an error message saying:

"Authenticating SSL stream: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream."

I can use a web browser using https://<server>:<https port>. The first time I use Chrome with this URL, I got a NET:ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID, but after proceeding, I can login and I don't get the error again on subsequent logins.

I'm not sure why HomeSeer Mobile (iOS version) can't use https. Do I need to create my own SSL certificates? I created SSL certificates a long time ago, but after I migrated to a newer server, I have been using the default certificate. Not sure what the procedure would be (I saw some old threads but not sure if the info is up to date).

Comment

Great app HSπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. After working with it for many days, I am very impressed with the responsiveness and reliability of this app. I have used ion my iPad and iPhone in many different places and it has always connected very quickly and worked very well. I have been using the Apple Home app since it was introduced; I like it very much. But it is very temperamental and it often takes 1-2 minutes to connect. The HS3 Mobile app is much faster. And it allows me to control all my 438 HS3 devices. I use dashboards to control everything. I really like having all the devices in a room on the same page (see attachment).

I have not found any major bugs. I would however like more information about how to backup the app data and more information about SSL and HTTPS as it relates to the use of this app.

Thanks for a great app.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E59BF2F1-D0B3-49B8-B46D-F53AB493ED37.png
Views:	587
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	1282747
                                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
                                X