X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kazibole
    replied
    Looking forward to backup / restore, or running the same dashboard on multiple devices! Had upgraded both my iPhone and iPad to the iOS 13 beta. Set up HomeSeer Mobile and spent some time creating dashboards on both devices. Decided to revert to iOS 12. Dashboards lost Will not spend time recreating them until I can back them up!

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Seems like not a lot of progress on HS mobile for months, is development stalled? Perhaps the changes are happening in lockstep with HS4 and can’t be released?

Looking forward to testing new features:

-Event editing
    -Backup/restore
    -Notifications
    -Geofencing (not sure if confirmed)
    -Dark mode (or mechanism to choose background color per page)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Tillsy
    replied
    And the Wife Acceptance Factor with an intense white screen lighting up the kitchen/living room is diminishing - really need a dark mode

Leave a comment:

• Tillsy
    replied
    Likewise I spent countless hours setting it up on my kitchen iPad - as badly as I want and need this on my mobile I refuse to spend a single second duplicating all that work.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
    Now that I have started building dashboards I also would like my effort backed up and restored to additional devices.
    This lacking function is the reason why I've not invested any time in the app.

Leave a comment:

• upstatemike
    replied
    Now that I have started building dashboards I also would like my effort backed up and restored to additional devices.

Leave a comment:

• bandrews
    replied
    Any update on a timeline for things like backup/ restore. App seems to be working well just really wish I could backup and restore to other devices. I was also wondering if it geofences will be added to this app as well?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mattyjee
    replied
    I'll add my two cents, this app is awesome for me and I've had zero issues with it. I gave up on HSTouch long ago for Imperihome, but i'm finding HSmobile better (currently still running both in parallel but have almost stopped using Imperihome now). I just want to add that of all the feature requests, please prioritise the backup/restore/copy to another device, i don't want to lose all my hard work creating dashboards!

Keep up the good work.
    Cheers, Matt.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    This is on the list as well.

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post

Backup/Restore is much more important! When will this be added?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Yes, push notifications will be added, but I don't have a time frame.

Backup/Restore is much more important! When will this be added?

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post

Thanks for the reply.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    rjh Can you comment on whether native push notifications are planned for the app and if so, on what timeline? I know it's been mentioned in this thread as well as the pre-release feature requests thread and possibly elsewhere, but I've never seen any response from HST.

I've no interest in reopening the conversation about relative merits of using Pushover, YAMA, etc., for notifications, although I know it may be inevitable. Suffice to say that I'm aware of the alternatives for implementing push notifications but am curious whether there are plans to integrate into HS Mobile.

Thanks for any light you can put on this.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    rjh Can you comment on whether native push notifications are planned for the app and if so, on what timeline? I know it's been mentioned in this thread as well as the pre-release feature requests thread and possibly elsewhere, but I've never seen any response from HST.

I've no interest in reopening the conversation about relative merits of using Pushover, YAMA, etc., for notifications, although I know it may be inevitable. Suffice to say that I'm aware of the alternatives for implementing push notifications but am curious whether there are plans to integrate into HS Mobile.

Thanks for any light you can put on this.

Leave a comment:

• randman
    replied
    Originally posted by John245 View Post

Looks similar to my issue.

Does disable and enable the refresh button not show the effect you want? It does it in my case.

---
    John
    If the HomeSeer Mobile app is running, and I manually (using the physical switch) turn on or off a light, the HomeSeer Mobile app will update automatically without me having to disable and enable the refresh button. But, if the HomeSeer Mobile app was running in the background, and I manually turn on or off a light, and then bring HomeSeer Mobile app to the foreground, it does not show the latest status. If I disable and enable the refresh button, it will update properly. A little less annoying than having to swipe up to terminate and restart. But I think the default behavior should be, as long as the refresh button is enabled, it should always refresh the status w/o having to disable and reenable the refresh button.

Seems that the HomeSeer Mobile app needs a fix so that if it is brought up from the background to the foreground that it refresh its status automatically. HS3Touch, if brought from background to foreground does show the latest and greatest status. No refresh enabling/disabling needed. HomeSeer Mobile should do the same.

Leave a comment:

• John245
    replied
    Originally posted by randman View Post
    I am using the latest version of HomeSeer Mobile in iOS. It's not processing updates properly. For example:

1. Start HomeSeer Mobile from scratch (either after rebooting iPhone or force-terminating HomeSeer Mobile.
    2. HomeSeer Mobile shows the correct status for all devices
    3. If any devices change status while HomeSeer Mobile is running in the foreground, it processes updates correctly.
    4. Bring up another app on the iPhone so HomeSeer Mobile is not running in foreground
    5. Change status of devices (i.e. turn on or off lights)
    6. Bring up HomeSeer Mobile. It does NOT have the status updates for devices changed in step #5 above.
    7. When this happens, the solution is to force terminate HomeSeer Mobile (via swipe up) and bring it back up.

So, the fact that HomeSeer Mobile doesn't update (or refresh its view) when coming up from being in the background makes me not trust its state. Often, I swipe up to terminate it and then bring it back up, so I can be confident I'm looking at the correct states.

Note: I'm using myHS to connect (still waiting for the fix to allow DDNS domain name to be used for login).
    Looks similar to my issue.

Does disable and enable the refresh button not show the effect you want? It does it in my case.

---
    John

Leave a comment:

Working...
X