This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
    I would however like more information about how to backup the app data...
    Currently there is no easy way to backup the config on the app. This is a significant short coming in the app at this time. You can't even save the config from one device and restore it to a different device. HS has stated that these features are on the road map but have not indicated when they will be released. It is a nice app for version 1.

Comment

Looks like there is an issue with direct SSL connections, we will get it fixed in the next update.

Originally posted by randman View Post
      I'm using the iOS version of HomeSeer Mobile with HS3 running on Windows 10. I tried logging in 3 different ways:

1. myHS: I can login just fine.

2. <server>:<http port>: using http, I can login just fine.

3. <server>:<https port>: using https (where <https port> is in the Setup->Labs tab), I can't login. HomeSeer Mobile gives me this error message:
      "Unexpected error. Please try again. An unexpected network error has occurred".

The HS3 log has an error message saying:

"Authenticating SSL stream: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream."

I can use a web browser using https://<server>:<https port>. The first time I use Chrome with this URL, I got a NET:ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID, but after proceeding, I can login and I don't get the error again on subsequent logins.

I'm not sure why HomeSeer Mobile (iOS version) can't use https. Do I need to create my own SSL certificates? I created SSL certificates a long time ago, but after I migrated to a newer server, I have been using the default certificate. Not sure what the procedure would be (I saw some old threads but not sure if the info is up to date).

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

Currently there is no easy way to backup the config on the app. This is a significant short coming in the app at this time. You can't even save the config from one device and restore it to a different device. HS has stated that these features are on the road map but have not indicated when they will be released. It is a nice app for version 1.
        It is not clear to me where the data is actually stored. Is it my local HS3 computer, is it the mobile app, is it myHS3? Knowing where my data resides is important for me. It will help me make decisions on how to use this app.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Looks like there is an issue with direct SSL connections, we will get it fixed in the next update.

Thanks. I created a new server.pfx (apparently, the default certificate expired last December). When I try to connect using <DDNS server name>:<https port>, HomeSeer Mobile pops up with the message:

Unexpected error. Please try again. An unexpected network error has occurred.

HomeSeer log says:
          Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
          Authenticating SSL stream: The function requested is not supported.

I can use non-SSL with IP and I can also use MyHS. I'm looking forward to the update.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm looking into setting up HomeSeer Mobile (iOS version) in other family member's iOS devices. I don't want them to be able to run events. In Setup->Network, I created a new user with "Normal" user rights, but I unchecked "Event Access". When this user is logged on HomeSeer Mobile, events still show up and can be executed by the user. I then changed the user to have "Guest" user rights. Same problem. The user can still see events and run them. Seems like HomeSeer Mobile isn't checking the rights to run (or not run) events. An even fancier feature would be to be able to specify, for each event, which users are allowed to run the event. But for now, I'd be happy to be able to specify all or nothing based on user rights.

I successfully tested that specifying which users can access devices works properly with HomeSeer mobile, so I can specify what devices a particular user shouldn't be able to see.

EDIT: an hour later, I logged in again as the new user with only Guest user rights. This time, when I select Events in HomeSeer Mobile, a message on the bottom of the screen comes up saying:

We are having a difficult time talking to HomesSeer. Details...

When I click on Details..., I get a dialog box saying:

Error
            An unexpected error has occurred.
            Value cannot be null.
            Parameter name: source

So, don't know why that same user was able to see events earlier (even after restarting HomeSeer Mobile), but now, events don't show up (as desired), but I get above error messages (ideally, if the user doesn't have access to events, the Events button on the bottom of the screen shouldn't even show up).

Thanks.

Comment

How did you accomplish your button like Floods? What Row, column and column span? How did you do the toggle.?

Comment

In HS3 setup there is a setting “enable event processing”. If you uncheck this box, will it prevent the mobile app from running events?
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
                  How did you accomplish your button like Floods? What Row, column and column span? How did you do the toggle.?
                  In the iOS version change the widget size to "slim" and enable the "Use as Toggle" option.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm looking into setting up HomeSeer Mobile (iOS version) in other family member's iOS devices. I don't want them to be able to run events. In Setup->Network, I created a new user with "Normal" user rights, but I unchecked "Event Access". When this user is logged on HomeSeer Mobile, events still show up and can be executed by the user. I then changed the user to have "Guest" user rights. Same problem. The user can still see events and run them. Seems like HomeSeer Mobile isn't checking the rights to run (or not run) events. An even fancier feature would be to be able to specify, for each event, which users are allowed to run the event. But for now, I'd be happy to be able to specify all or nothing based on user rights.

I successfully tested that specifying which users can access devices works properly with HomeSeer mobile, so I can specify what devices a particular user shouldn't be able to see.

EDIT: an hour later, I logged in again as the new user with only Guest user rights. This time, when I select Events in HomeSeer Mobile, a message on the bottom of the screen comes up saying:

Error
                    Value cannot be null.

So, don't know why that same user was able to see events earlier (even after restarting HomeSeer Mobile), but now, events don't show up (as desired), but I get above error messages (ideally, if the user doesn't have access to events, the Events button on the bottom of the screen shouldn't even show up).

Thanks.
                    Note: when I click on Events, no events show up (as desired), but I get the aforementioned errors in HomeSeer Mobile. Also, the HomeSeer log says:

"Error In JSON request getting events: Objecdt reference not set to an instance of an object."

Anyway, overall, HomeSeer Mobile is working well for me. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of some of the grouping. For many devices, it makes sense to group them together, but for some devices, I'd prefer flat approach. For example, the HSM200 devices are grouped together. But IMO, HSM200 child device functionalities Luminance, Motion, Temperature aren't really related to each other from an end user's perspective and makes more sense to show them on the main screen rather than having to drill down to them (one more click) to see the details of Temperature, etc.

But, anyway, nice job on Homeseer Mobile 1.0!

Comment

In HS3 setup there is a setting “enable event processing”. If you uncheck this box, will it prevent the mobile app from running events?

I haven't tried that, but since it's a not a user-specific setting, it doesn't sound like it would be useful for my use-case. My use case is: I want to use one user for my iPhone, which will have access to all events. But for my wife, use another user which doesn't have access to events. As mentioned earlier, looks like it started working after my initial post (i.e. events no longer show up for the new user), but HomeSeer Mobile shows some error messages.

Comment

Error
                        Value cannot be null.

Thanks.
                        Hmmm... I restarted HomeSeer MObile, and this time, I logged in as the normal (administrative) user that has access to Events. When logged in as this user, when I click on Events in HomeSeer Mobile, I get the above errors, and no events show up. So, looks like above problem is not related to whether I am logged in as a normal user or a guest user.
                        I restarted HS3, and now I can see all events again.

Comment

Locking out mobile event processing is a good idea. Maybe the easiest way to do it is to add that as an option for each event.

Comment

I haven't tried that, but since it's a not a user-specific setting, it doesn't sound like it would be useful for my use-case. My use case is: I want to use one user for my iPhone, which will have access to all events. But for my wife, use another user which doesn't have access to events. As mentioned earlier, looks like it started working after my initial post (i.e. events no longer show up for the new user), but HomeSeer Mobile shows some error messages.
                            If you are only trying to prevent a few events from being triggered, you could use a HS3 virtual device ON as a condition for the event trigger. Then set up the virtual device so that you are the only one who can see it. This is clearly not an elegant solution but maybe it would make sense for door locks and other security related items.

Maybe the the mobile app should only show “manually triggered” events?

Comment

If you are only trying to prevent a few events from being triggered, you could use a HS3 virtual device ON as a condition for the event trigger. Then set up the virtual device so that you are the only one who can see it. This is clearly not an elegant solution but maybe it would make sense for door locks and other security related items.

This may not work! I think the conditions are ignored when the event is triggered manually.

Maybe an all or none approach to mobile event processing. A single check box to disable (or hide) all events. This would be specific for each mobile device.

Comment

I've got too many events for this.

This would be a nice feature (so a quick toggle to do above would be nice), and then for finer granularity, be able to specify on a per-event basis whether to display it or not. I thought, for now, the option that would work would be all or nothing by using a guest user, but doesn't seem to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X