This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyf View Post

For the thermostat, you tap on the 3 x 3 grey squares and the thermostat controls will pop up from the bottom.
    The control buttons that come up do not work for me.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by jbeletti View Post

How are you getting your thermostat to display so nicely with controls etc? And which brand stat do you have? I have a GoControl and I cannot get mine to look right or control easily in the mobile app. Thanks!
      It is a nest and this was created by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post

What is nightmode? What do you mean by push notifications?
        Any mode that has darker colors, or the option to change background color.

Push notifications, as in pop-up message based on events, or events that opens certain tab/screen.
        Example, the doorbell rings - App opens doorbell camera view, or pops a message.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          I'm just a little disappointed that there's a 98% chance that HomeSeer Mobile will crash when launched...

This was fixed in the latest version for both Android and iOS: v1.0.2

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mikalj View Post

Any mode that has darker colors, or the option to change background color.

Push notifications, as in pop-up message based on events, or events that opens certain tab/screen.”
            Example, the doorbell rings - App opens doorbell camera view, or pops a message.
            I have lots and lots of iPad/iPhone apps. None have “night mode”???

Push notifications can be sent from HS3. The mobile app does not need to do this.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Since others are beginning to ask for additional features and/or feature enhancements, I would like to see the following in the iOS app:

1. Improvements to how text is handled in device widgets. Currently, event widgets will wrap label text until there is no space left. Device widget text is limited to one line and the text size is not adjustable. There is typically only enough space for one word. The text should wrap to the next line and the text font should be slightly smaller when multiple words are needed.

2. I would like to have an image widget. I would like to be able to post a jpeg image from a security camera. Or perhaps it would be a wallpaper for a device or event widget. Or maybe just allow bigger device icons.

3. I would like to see some additional sizes for the widgets. The current sizes do not fit at all on my iPhone 5. There should be a global setting that will set the slim, medium, and large sizes to better fit the iPhone screen size.

4. I would like to see improved methods of event selection. Currently HS3Touch allows the selection of the event category, then the event. HSM makes you scroll through every event to find the one you want.

5. We need The ability to disable certain events.

6. We need backup and import/export capability.

Please add these to your work scope.

Thanks.

Comment

I have lots and lots of iPad/iPhone apps. None have “night mode”???

Push notifications can be sent from HS3. The mobile app does not need to do this.
                Two thoughts for you,

I have an android and prefer "dark Themes" They save my eyes, my battery and frankly I think they look better.

While I do use Pushover that does not address the use case of having it open a tab or screen. Of course, HStouch can do this now, so I can understand the desire to have it in HS mobile even though I don't use the feature currently.
                HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

In my HS3 setup on my computer, zwave child devices are included as HS3 devices in the HS3 device manager. They do not however show up as devices in the HS mobile app. Is there a setting somewhere?
                  Check if the root device is hidden from mobile. If so, it’s child devices don’t show up on HomeSeer mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post

It is a nest and this was created by default.
                    Wow - nice. I'll have to see if anyone else weighs in on the GoControl stat and how it renders in the app.

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post

Check if the root device is hidden from mobile. If so, it’s child devices don’t show up on HomeSeer mobile.
                      No, none of my devices are marked hide. I think you have to manually choose (check mark) each device you want to hide.

Comment

Some of my device widgets have a perimeter outline which changes color depending if they are on (yellow) or off (gray). I really like this feature. But some of my widgets (temperature and humidity) have red or blue outlines. And some have no outline at all. What determines the color of the outline?

Comment

On IOS iphone 8+ If I edit a widget and then click save the program crashes and closes. The changes never happen. If I edit a widget then click cancel the changes happen.

Also just noticed that if I edit an event widget I cannot change the dashboard and then save the change. I can only change the widget size and then also click cancel for the size change to take effect.

Stuart
                          Last edited by Stuart; February 9, 2019, 08:29 AM. Reason: more observations

Comment

I notice that “all” events are listed in the HS mobile events list, even those that are marked disabled in HS3. In HS mobile, if a disabled event is selected it will run. I think disabled events should not run from HS mobile. They should not even be listed!

Comment

Bug Report - iOS v1.0.1

Enabling the option “Confirm before control” on a widget doesn’t work...the setting doesn’t “stick”. After turning the setting on and pressing save. The setting shows as off again when I go back into the widget settings.

Comment

I love the "Last Changed" functionality, which shows the date/time a device last changed status. Very useful (and I wish there were replacement variables for last changed time that can be used in email - hint hint). There seems to be a minor issue in the display of "Last Changed". Right after the time, it shows "-05:00". My timezone is EST, which is GMT -5, so I wonder if that's why "-05:00" is showing up. Seems to be a bug (-05:00 shouldn't show up). See attached screen shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X