Device buttons not displaying properly for multi-state devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device buttons not displaying properly for multi-state devices

I have a virtual device that has 5 possible values, 4 of which have Status-Control set to "both" and 1 of which has Status-Control set to "status":
    The definition of the device is attached, as well as how the device looks in HomeSeer Mobile (iOS), HS3Touch (iOS), and the HS3 Web GUI. HS3Touch and the HS3 Web GUI correctly show 4 buttons (the 4 that have Status-Control = "both"). However, in HomeSeer Mobile, only 3 of those buttons show up properly. Only a very thin part of the 4th button (Off) shows up in HomeSeer Mobile. Thus, I can't turn Off my security system from HomeSeer Mobile!

If I change the Triggered button from "Status-Control" = "Status" to "Status-Control" = "Both", then the Off button shows up but not the Triggered button. But I want the Triggered state to be status only. If so, the Off button disappears.
    Bottom line is that HomeSeer Mobile isn't showing all the buttons that have Status-Control equal to "both". Looks like some "tweaking" is needed in Homeseer Mobile to show all control buttons properly.

EDIT: fixed typo above.

Turn off the display of room/floor for that particular widget, that'll give you a little extra space.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
      Turn off the display of room/floor for that particular widget, that'll give you a little extra space.
      Doesn't help. In the dashboard, only the 3x3 gray grid is displayed. When I click on the device from the dashboard, same problem.

This device has 5 possible states. 4 of them are control buttons. The 5th is status only. The first figure below is from the Device Details page. There are 4 control buttons, and all 4 show up in the Device Details page. But the "Off" button is at the bottom, and it is NOT clickable. So, I can't turn off the alarm :-)

If I change Triggered to be a control button (which I really don't want to do), then, the 5 buttons show up as shown in 2nd image below. But the 5th button, Triggered, is off to the bottom, and it is NOT selectable.

Bottom line is that, it seems that if there are more than 3 buttons in a device, things aren't displayed correctly.

Comment

Shot in the dark here... have you tried forcing the buttons into two rows? It seems your "Suspend Still Checker" device can do multiple rows, but maybe the wrapping doesn't work very nicely. You could go 3 on top and one on the bottom or 2x2. Maybe? Or what if you say all on row 1? I'm not sure if HS sees row 0 as in an array's first entry set or as 0=undefined let HS3 guess and do what it wants.

Comment

Ok, to follow up, I've done some experimenting here (I have android) and bottom line, messing around with the rows and columns can have some weird effects if you use zeros or double up on any number. First, when I explicitly define every button with a unique (and sequential) position, things show up where I'd expect. I have a time control device that has dawn/day/dusk/evening/night/asleep. If I put them all in the same row and columns 1-6 then they show as expected.

1 2 3 4 5 6

However, if I put them all in the same row and then the same column as well, they show up in status value order in one column.

Now here's where it gets weird... If I leave them in the same row but put three in column 1 and and the other three in column 2, I get this:

1 1
          1 2
          2 2

Or all same row using two each in columns 1, 2 & 3 i get

1 1 2
          2 3 3

Not what I would have expected but hey it works for me. Why do this? On the web interface I don't want to use up two lines, but I can't read the labels on HS Mobile if they're scrunched in one line. My hunch is that you may not be able to take advantage of my experimentation on ios if it doesn't handle button-wrapping nicely (like it does do on android), but it appears that you should be able to get something going with explicit definitions. Bottom line, play around with the rows and columns... you may find something that works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rows and columns status graphics.png
Views:	268
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1285310

Name:	rows and columns device list.png
Views:	239
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1285311

Name:	rows and columns hs mobile.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1285312

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I thought those Row/Columns settings only applied to the web GUI. I went to "Status Graphics" tab and I put them all in Row 0 and in columns 1 2 3 4 5, and now they display properly! Now I can turn my alarm off if my security system is triggered!

Thanks!!

Comment

Good point I had to do a lot of fiddling with the rows and columns to get some of my controls to appear properly in HomeSeer Mobile even though they were previously fine in the web GUI.

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
                Thanks for the tip! I thought those Row/Columns settings only applied to the web GUI. I went to "Status Graphics" tab and I put them all in Row 0 and in columns 1 2 3 4 5, and now they display properly! Now I can turn my alarm off if my security system is triggered!

Thanks!!
                Glad it worked!

Comment

Working...
                X