Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to share a Dashboard - not available but coming in the future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to share a Dashboard - not available but coming in the future.

ok, I like this...
    i can build a nice screen easily

question: how do I share the newly created dashboard with my wife?

I think I read where that is coming in a future version. I need this for the same reason
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'm actually surprised the app doesn't store a copy of the dashboard in HomeSeer itself - after all it has connected to your HomeSeer server so it could send a copy of the config there which other HomeSeer mobile instances could read. So rather than having to export/import you simply select an existing Dashboard stored in your setup once you have connected.

Comment

I suspect the dashboard is stored as part of the HS database. HomeSeer has never provided information about how to access the database. They do not want users messing with the database. I can understand this and I think it is a good thing. But they need to move quickly to provide a backup for iOS devices. If my iPad fails, I need a way to restore my dashboards.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Any movement on this feature to backup/copy dashboards? I also submitted a support request to Homeseer with the question. I'm really surprised that the feature was not part of minimal viable product. They didn't make setting up dashboards easy. So having to create them manually each time is a deal breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by briandgoldman@yahoo.com View Post
            Any movement on this feature to backup/copy dashboards? I also submitted a support request to Homeseer with the question. I'm really surprised that the feature was not part of minimal viable product. They didn't make setting up dashboards easy. So having to create them manually each time is a deal breaker.
            Totally agree - HomeSeer Mobile is very nice, but holy moly is it a lot of work to set up.... so sadly I've only set up the iPad on our kitchen wall, as much as I would like it on my mobile I just stick with the web access because I am not wasting hours of my time re-setting it up again.

Comment

Just got a second device for Homeseer mobile and was quite shocked that the Dashboard didn't carry across devices. Fundamental requirement in my opinion.

Comment

I just figured out that if I connect to the server using direct connect, The Dashboards I have created when I connected using MyHS account are not there!!!!

I believe saving the dashboards on the Homeseer database is very very important, I spent around 3 hours creating my Dashboards on my mobile while I was connected using MyHS account and when I tried to connect directly to the server, I couldn't find any dashboard.

Also It is not logic to build the dashboard on my Iphone and then on My Ipad and then on my wife's mobile and her Ipad and then on my daughter's devices.

Hope we can see this feature really really sooooon.

Comment

Anyone know if this feature has been implemented yet?

Comment

Not implemented

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                      Not implemented
                      😢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just did a massive install in a client’s home and by the time I am done setting up everything, they will have over 900 devices in HomeSeer.

It is not reasonable to expect any home owner to want to setup dashboards every time they have a new iOS or Android interface accessing it.

This is a major issue when I have to push dashboards for a 5 person house (dad, mom, three children). In my opinion, we should have a way to save dashboards and select which dashboard profile to use per interface. For example, Joe’s profile for interface (phone) iOS 1 loads Dashboards 1, 2, 3, 4 and Lisa’s profile for interface (phone) Android 1 loads Dashboards 1, 3 only. Then Joe’s interface (tablet) iOS 2 loads Dashboard 1, 3, 4 only. Then you need to create profiles for three kids. You get the idea...

I think it should store the profiles in HS and profile selection is made in a config that is interface specific and stored in the phone or tablet.

This is a big enough issue that I would have to force my clients to go with other options such as Control4.

Comment

Here is what support said “Backing up and restoring dashboards is a work item on our road map for the HS Mobile app, though I do not have a time frame for its availability as our engineers are currently working on getting HS4 ready for release. My apologies for the inconvenience.”

Comment

Originally posted by arextreme View Post
                            Here is what support said “Backing up and restoring dashboards is a work item on our road map for the HS Mobile app, though I do not have a time frame for its availability as our engineers are currently working on getting HS4 ready for release. My apologies for the inconvenience.”
                            This was an issue before HS4 was even a thing. I think they lost the source code or the Indian developer they recruited online vanished

Comment

Is this on cards yet? Just started setting this up will hate to have to do it the second time for wife.

Comment

Working...
                              X