Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does HomeSeer Mobile decide which child device status to show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does HomeSeer Mobile decide which child device status to show?

For a device that has multiple child devices, HomeSeer Mobile shows the device as grouped, and picks one of the child devices to show for its status from the Device page. For example, the HSM200 has multiple child devices for temperature, motion, luminance, and sensor color. By default, it shows the sensor's color's status on the main Device page. I have many HSM200s and I actually clicked on "Hide device from mobile views" for the sensor color child device, since I have no need to change its color and I didn't want it to clutter up HS3Touch and HomeSeer MObile. However, since it is hidden, the status of the HSM200 shows up as "No Status". Is it possible to select the status of another child device to display by default? For example, I'd like to show the status of the motion child device on the main Device page without having to drill down.

Is it possible to select the status of another child device to display by default?
    Yes, I do this with my multisensors. First, I don't have "hide device from mobile view" checked. Secondly, in Homeseer Mobile under Edit Widget, go to Primary Device. Select the child device you want to show. After that selection, un-check the Show Secondary Devices box.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanknox View Post
      Yes, I do this with my multisensors. First, I don't have "hide device from mobile view" checked. Secondly, in Homeseer Mobile under Edit Widget, go to Primary Device. Select the child device you want to show. After that selection, un-check the Show Secondary Devices box.
      Thanks. This is only for widgets in dashboards, right? I can't choose the primary device for widgets in the device list?

Comment

Yes, that is correct. My bad. I didn't understand that you were looking to have this ability while viewing the device in the device list.

Comment

There should be a way to display which child device should be the primary device amongst a group of child devices. Yeah, this can be done for widgets in the dashboard, but I have many devices that I don't necessarily want to put every one of them in a dashboard. I would like to see those devices in the Device list with my chosen primary device. I don't know how HomeSeer Mobile decides which device should be the primary device, but often it isn't the one that I would like to see as the primary device. In addition, I have a number of devices that HomeSeer Mobile displays in the Devices list as "No Status" since HomeSeer Mobile doesn't assign a child device as the primary device. The items below, which have multiple child devices, don't have a Primary Device assigned, so they show up with status "No Status" in the Devices list:

- Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (ZW100)
          - Zooz ZEN15 Power Switch
          - Fibaro FGFS-101 ZW5 Z-Wave Flood Sensor

There should be a way, from the HS3 Web GUI, to select which device, amongst child devices, should be the primary device. Ideally this should be done from the HS3 Web GUI so it does not have to be repeatedly done for every iOS device running HomeSeer Mobile.

Comment

Working...
          X