Mobile Refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Refresh

Is there a way to refresh HS Mobile without closing and reopening the app? When I run a sprinkler event, the zone status won’t update without a refresh. There is an icon that looks like a refresh, but does nothing obvious.
    HS3Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Zstick
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    5 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls
    Serial Rain8Net Pro with 8 zones

I, too, have noticed that HomeSeer Mobile does not refresh when a device changes status. This is absolutely basic functionality that needs to be rock solid and reliable. What good is a Dashboard that isn't up-to-date? The whole point of a Dashboard is to see the current status of things. If HomeSeer Mobile is to be the mobile app of the future, I need to be able to *trust* that the information it gives me is correct.

After the initial excitement and development rush to get to the release version of HomeSeer Mobile, it seems development has really died down. Is this app still considered to be the mobile app for the future? Much improvement is still needed in many areas, as the threads on this forum have detailed.

I was super excited when this app was announced, with the hope that HomeSeer would finally have a modern mobile interface that would be continually developed and improved upon. Now I fear it will be just another HomeSeer product that gets half finished and then mostly abandoned. How has the app made it this far into development without basic functionality like real-time status updates?

Comment

I don't have my tablet with me right now, but I am certain that it does update and provide status.

Comment

Mine seems to update properly. The “Refresh” button disables/enables automatic refresh. Are you sure it does not show as disabled?
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Nope, not disabled. Certain devices, ie lights, update. For some reason the gocontrol irrigation interface does not, though it does on web browser.
          HS3Pro on Windows 10
          One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
          2nd install with 1 Zstick
          300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
          5 CT-100 tstats
          Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
          18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls
          Serial Rain8Net Pro with 8 zones

Comment

For me, refresh is hit or miss. It seems to be related to the type of device. Some devices update immediately, others take several seconds or more. I have found that switching to a different dashboard then switching back will force an update.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
              I have found that switching to a different dashboard then switching back will force an update.
              Same here, switching to a different screen then going back seems to force a refresh. But this workaround should not be necessary...devices should update in real-time without user intervention.

Comment

Working...
              X