"Homeseer is not running" w/browser "No systems were found..." w/mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Homeseer is not running" w/browser "No systems were found..." w/mobile

I've registered my Homeseer account and I can't seem to log in through the https://myhs.homeseer.com/Login website ("Homeseer is not running"), nor through the app ("No systems were found for the given credentials" error).

I'm guessing that it's trying to connect with my running HomeSeer instance and isn't able to (network issues?). There are no guides on what port numbers that should be opened up, but I've tried some that I've found on the forum like 80, 443, 10150 but nothing seemed to work. Am I missing something?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Can you get to HS3 using find.homeseer.com in a web browser.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There's no port numbers required as I believe myhs just uses the socket requesting application or response port provided by your instance of homeseer.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I port forwarded ports 80, 11000, and 10401 to my HomeSeer machine and had to enable:
        Tools->Network->MyHS Remote Access Settings->Enable Remote access through MyHS service
        You also need to restart HomeSeer after any change you make for it to take effect.
        Now it appears to work for me, but if someone else runs into this same issue, I hope this helps.

Comment

I think the restart along with setting Enable Remote access through MyHS service was key. I don't have 11000 or 10401 port forwarded.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            I think the restart along with setting Enable Remote access through MyHS service was key. I don't have 11000 or 10401 port forwarded.
            That is correct. The enable check box is all that is needed as long as your firewall or AV isn't blocking access as well.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That's odd. If I block those ports, it stops working. I guess I'll just leave it as is, sleeping dogs and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye View Post
                That's odd. If I block those ports, it stops working. I guess I'll just leave it as is, sleeping dogs and whatnot.
                Isn't there a difference between forwarding them and blocking them? You could stop forwarding them, but not block them either.

Comment

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I stopped forwarding those ports. But I guess my router would block all ports if they're not being forwarded, no?

Comment

Allowing ports on the WAN and LAN in the firewall is different then port forwarding. You do not need to forward any ports for MyHS. I did not need to do anything special with firewall permissions on either of two networks I set up. With the port forwarding off, there should be a log somewhere telling you what is being blocked. Also, some devices are happier after a reboot when you make changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye View Post
                      Sorry, I should have been more specific. I stopped forwarding those ports. But I guess my router would block all ports if they're not being forwarded, no?
                      I don't know. That's not the case for mine, but it very well could be for yours.

Comment

I'm also receiving, "No systems were found for the given credentials" error message while trying to access MyHS. I already had Enable Remote access checked, so this is not the problem I'm having.

I'm hoping to get some feedback on this because this has stumped Homeseer. This started happening after i switched ISP providers from Frontier to Spectrum from day 1. I received the above error message when trying to access MyHS but after multiple attempts, i was able to login. However, something changed after i was trying to setup security access to allow google to send me emails if an event is triggered. Since then, I'm not able to access MyHS or from a browser unless i power cycle (yes, i know this isnt good) but this is the only way to reset it to allow me temporary access to MyHS. After a few hours, i lose access again. Spectrum has an app that allows me to see what is connected and i can see that HometrollerZeeS2V5 is connected. I should also say that about a month ago, Spectrum installed a new separate router and modem. I have also re-imaged my microSD card as of yesterday and i am still having connection issues. Any ideas? I'm a novice so please bear that in mind when you respond. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I'm stuck in the same boat. I was an avid Imperihome user until the iOS app broke and no longer works. Trying to make this work now and I get the "Homeseer is not running" message on the myhs website.

Is everyone *sure* no ports need to be opened?

I see this in my log after enabling the service in the setup page. Also I tried restarting HS3.
                          Mar-05 9:30:41 PM Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxx.
                          Mar-05 9:30:41 PM Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...

Comment

A few of us had problems yesterday- I'm assuming there was a problem on Homeseer's end as nothing changed here.

Comment

Having issues again. Is there a way to just have an app connect directly to my server locally instead of through the web seems this keeps going down over the last month.

Comment

Working...
                              X