Development stopped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development stopped?

This seems like a dead product. Is there anything around the corner on this? I’m in need of some mobile UI for my family and would at the minimum need the dashboard backup \ restore to transfer between different devices.

My options currently are:

HSTouch
    HS mobile, but setup each device separately
    ImperiHome (only have two iOS licenses grandfathered in, need Android and more iOS)

Really no easy options until HS mobile is functional for more than just testing on one device-which is current state.

It would be great if HSt could give some kind of update on when the development will resume on this or if we should pick something else.

Hopefully something big is around the corner, as HS mobile is what I would most like to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

+Bump

Comment

Yeah I've stopped using it now...
      1. The bright white screen dragged on for far too long and undermined the Wife Acceptance Factor
      2. The unfixed bugs have driven me into a rage, fed up with how many quirks it has that waste so much time and make it unstable
      3. But tied into #2 is the lack of backup/restore (mind you HS3 itself is just as guilty of this so clearly a deeper issue with HS care factor here) so I'm fed up with having to clear out entire dashboards to remove faulty devices because of bugs per #2, and not being able to replicate the setup on my mobile (in addition to the iPad) due to lack of ability to have both devices use the same dashboard or at least copy between them

Amazing app, it really was, but sadly is pointless to deliver it at 80% and then just leave it at that.

Comment

My guess is that Rich is tied up with the HS4 development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          My guess is that Rich is tied up with the HS4 development.

A developer was hired specific for mobile development.... so...???

Comment

My guess is that Hs mobile dev got to the point that it requires HS4, and the version we have is what we will have for HS3. Given that the dev of both were proceeding in lockstep perhaps the HS side got to the point where it started to look more like HS4 than a new HS3 version. Instead of slowly allowing HS3 to exceed its intended mobile design they just locked it were it is and are trying to push through to an HS4 release. Highly speculative I know.

If that’s all or even partially true then just a little communication would go a long way to keeping customers. Radio silence makes it seem like nothing is happening-which frankly I find hard to believe.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

First, I'm not using the mobile app. Rather have been using HSTouch extensively and it is running on 6 different devices including both android and IOS devices. It has its quirks but overall tends to work.

The idea of the mobile app not having a backup and restore built in from the start is hard to believe. Makes you wonder how a designer/developer could have possibly thought that was acceptable. However, we've seen this in the past such as the inoperable z stick backup/restore so, sadly, it should be of no surprise.

Comment

To be honest, I spent a little time setting up Homebridge and it has been working out much better for me than the current state of HomeSeer Mobile.

Comment

Last update on IOS 4 months ago

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
                    Last update on IOS 4 months ago

And did a website redesign....

Comment

My HS Mobile for android phone updated this morning. No obvious changes so I'm guessing maybe support for the new cameras.
                      -Wade

Comment

My HS Mobile for Android updated as well. App still crashes for me every time I tap the icon to add a device to a Dashboard, so not much more I can do in HS Mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                          This seems like a dead product. Is there anything around the corner on this? I’m in need of some mobile UI for my family and would at the minimum need the dashboard backup \ restore to transfer between different devices.

My options currently are:

HSTouch
                          HS mobile, but setup each device separately
                          ImperiHome (only have two iOS licenses grandfathered in, need Android and more iOS)

Really no easy options until HS mobile is functional for more than just testing on one device-which is current state.

It would be great if HSt could give some kind of update on when the development will resume on this or if we should pick something else.

Hopefully something big is around the corner, as HS mobile is what I would most like to use.

If you use an iPhone, I've written a homebridge plugin that let's you bridge HomeSeer to the iPhone Home App so you can use native Apple apps for mobile access. It supports a fairly wide variety of HomeSeer devices (switches, dimmers, outlets, locks, valves, sensors, thermostats).

See: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer

And for installation instructions (which are a bit clearer for Windows than Linux): See: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
                            If you use an iPhone, I've written a homebridge plugin that let's you bridge HomeSeer to the iPhone Home App so you can use native Apple apps for mobile access. It supports a fairly wide variety of HomeSeer devices (switches, dimmers, outlets, locks, valves, sensors, thermostats).

See: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer

And for installation instructions (which are a bit clearer for Windows than Linux): See: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer/wiki
                            This is exactly what I have set up, so far has been working very well. Great job on the plugin!

Comment

Their probably going through the user data and feedback. Has there been some developer level feedback? I would imagine more data is needed to resolve some of the issues. I personally think HS touch should be Homeseers bread and butter because it remains consistent. Focus on templates or something. Some of the work on the net is crazy/ I would love to have some of the customized work available for purchase. for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY2ZN5kGeFA

Comment

Working...
                              X