Development stopped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jvm View Post

If you use an iPhone, I've written a homebridge plugin that let's you bridge HomeSeer to the iPhone Home App so you can use native Apple apps for mobile access. It supports a fairly wide variety of HomeSeer devices (switches, dimmers, outlets, locks, valves, sensors, thermostats).

See: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer

And for installation instructions (which are a bit clearer for Windows than Linux): See: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer/wiki
    This is an AWESOME plugin. I’ve been using this for a long time and it works great!!

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post

This is an AWESOME plugin. I’ve been using this for a long time and it works great!!
      If I stick with HomeSeer I might have to look into this plugin as HS have made it clear they don't understand a point in this (and yet support Alexa, etc). Personally for me it has been a nightmare since moving on from Vera and AutomationBridge to no longer be able to control devices by talking to my Apple Watch - HS have lost their marbles if they think I'm going to take an iPad or iPhone into the pool with my just in case I need to turn on the fans or lights out there, or pull out a device and go into an app just because I want to open/close the blinds, or go back inside to the kitchen iPad because I want to turn on the porch lights when I've been out front talking with someone or doing something out there for too long, etc. If HomeKit integration were done, or if HomeSeer mobile integrated with SiriKit, then the universe would be in balance

Comment

Tillsy - In case you didn't already know, my HomeKit plugin for Homebridge is free, so its a no-loss thing to try!

Comment

Tillsy - In case you didn't already know, my HomeKit plugin for Homebridge is free, so its a no-loss thing to try!
          Last time I played around with the Homekit plugin there was no good way to run events (IIRC). Is that still the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post

Last time I played around with the Homekit plugin there was no good way to run events (IIRC). Is that still the case?
            Yes, you can run events (though its poorly documented). My preferred way is to create a virtual device in Homeseer - e.g., a Switch. Then set the plugin's config.json file so that Switch shows up in HomeKit as a On / Off switch. On the HomeSeer side, set up a HomeSeer Event that triggers when that virtual switch is turned "On" - that is how you run your event. The last statement in the HomeSeer Event turns the switch back "Off" so it is reset and ready to trigger the event again.

There is also another interface that allows you to set up events directly in the plugin's config.json file, but I haven't documented that as I find it more awkward than using the virtual switch method so I may remove it in the future.

Comment

I get about a third of my devices showing in HS Mobile. Was really hoping with a full release of it (and HS update) this might get resolved. That Cost to Develop an App Like Uber I think. So we need to be patient

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post

See Wiki Page that I just added: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridg...omeSeer-Events

Comment

There is also another interface that allows you to set up events directly in the plugin's config.json file, but I haven't documented that as I find it more awkward than using the virtual switch method so I may remove it in the future.
                  Please don't remove the "Events" section in the config.json. I've got a bunch of events configured this way.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

Please don't remove the "Events" section in the config.json. I've got a bunch of events configured this way.
                    O.K.,

Comment

Working...
                    X