Error. Used to work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error. Used to work.

Logging in directly used to work. I'm using the same UN/PW that works on a browser. Homeseer Mobile now gives me this error. See screen cap. HTTP throws the error right away. Checking HTTPS never logs in or errors. Just spins. Thanks for any help.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548

Linux version: Linux HS3Pi3v6 4.19.42-v7 | GNU/Linux System

Are you using the latest version of MS Mobile?

Have you tried rebooting?

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
      Are you using the latest version of MS Mobile?

Have you tried rebooting?
      Uninstalled and reinstalled the HS Mobile app. Rebooted the Pi. One thing I thought was odd though is even though I cleared app data AND cleared the cache before I deleted it, it still remembered my US/PW when I reinstalled.

Comment

Does using a myHS account allow you to login?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Does using a myHS account allow you to login?
          I don't have an account and prefer to log in direct.

Comment

Is it broke? Will it not work with direct connect anymore?

Comment

Works OK here - version 3.0.0.548. Main system is Windows but also have an HS3-Pi for test. Verified on both.

Enter IP address for either, port 80. HTTPS off; that won't work unless you've configured it yourself on the HS unit.

I don't enter a username/password as I have it set not to require that for local logins. Click Login and it displays the Devices page.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                Works OK here - version 3.0.0.548. Main system is Windows but also have an HS3-Pi for test. Verified on both.

Enter IP address for either, port 80. HTTPS off; that won't work unless you've configured it yourself on the HS unit.

I don't enter a username/password as I have it set not to require that for local logins. Click Login and it displays the Devices page.
                Suddenly, it is working for me. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Comment

Having trouble also.
                  I want to use the IP of mu WAN.
                  What do I use for Host name before the WAN IP?
                  Using port 80 as set in the setup/network area of host.
                  HTTPS = unchecked.
                  Using admin user name and password.
                  I get a "System is not responding" error.

Tried port forwarding using a different port that matched router and did not work. I received same error.
                  Thanks for any help.

UPDATE:
                  I was able to log in using my WAN IP (You do not need a Host name with IP entered.)
                  Port forwarded from my router to different local port of app (Tools/Network/Server Port).
                  HTTPS = OFF (This will not work when on). If you want HTTPS encryption, use MyHS as it supposedly uses HTTPS.
                  Used user account credentials. (This did not work with units administrator credentials.)
                  "Remember me" does not remember anything when checked. Why is this?

Thoughts;
                  If you are logging into your HS system with no encryption and you are using someones free WIFI like at Starbucks or McDonalds, can't someone "sniff" your data packets and get your user name and password?
                  If this is true I suggest not using someone elses WIFI to log into your HS system.
                  If this is also true, can someone sniff my data and get my credentials wile I am on my Mobile data connection?

Comment

Working...
                  X