Plans for HomeSeer Mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for HomeSeer Mobile?

Can someone of HomeSeer please explain a little bit of the plans for the HomeSeer Mobile app?
    So far I think this app has a lot of potential, but the app has still a lot of bugs.
    Is this app supposed to work for HS3, or is it targeting HS4?
    I can only use the app local connected to the IP of my HS3 Pro installation, but I want to connect directly via SSL and a DNS name. This is woking fine via a browser, but not with the HomeSeer Mobile app.
    This is makes the app unusable and I don’t understand why this is not getting fixed.

Could someone related to HomeSeer please respond to this question?

Comment

I think you will find that all Homeseer staff resources are being taken up with the development of HS4......
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by RMB View Post
        Can someone of HomeSeer please explain a little bit of the plans for the HomeSeer Mobile app?
        So far I think this app has a lot of potential, but the app has still a lot of bugs.
        Is this app supposed to work for HS3, or is it targeting HS4?
        I can only use the app local connected to the IP of my HS3 Pro installation, but I want to connect directly via SSL and a DNS name. This is woking fine via a browser, but not with the HomeSeer Mobile app.
        This is makes the app unusable and I don’t understand why this is not getting fixed.
        I'm not that technical on this stuff.... but thought id just chime in... and you didn't really say any of these... so just curious.. things to run through your thoughts..

all I know is I can get to my system inside and outside of my house..

so can you access via your cell phone outside of the house via web page?

what happens if you go to myhs.homeseer.com and login?

I see there is a myhs premium ... look through what it gives... - https://shop.homeseer.com/products/myhs

free myhs.homeseer.com - you have to register.. did you do that? - https://shop.homeseer.com/pages/myhs...access-service

hope that just starts you at the basics you may have already done....

HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Well, I am a technical guy😁
          I don’t want to use the cloud connection service, I want to work with a direct connection to my HS installation. I am using a reverse proxy with SSL offloading to connect to my HS installation.
          This is working fine locally LAN connected with a browser and also via the internet.
          The HomeSeer Mobile app is only able to connect directly to HS by using the local LAN ip-address, without SSL. A dns-name is not working, and SSL is also not working, not locally and not via the internet. These are bugs also mentioned by other users and need to be fixed.
          The app has a lot of potential, but is unusable at this moment for direct connections.
          I want to know if this is going to be fixed. If not (if this app is dead) then I have to search for other solutions.
          This question is very simple to answer for HomeSeer...

Comment

gotcha.. yeah I'm using it with myhs .. I too am technical (in my area LOL)...
            and do not like cloud either; however, I don't mind this part of it.
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I don’t want to use the cloud connection service, I want to work with a direct connection to my HS installation. I am using a reverse proxy with SSL offloading to connect to my HS installation.
              This is working fine locally LAN connected with a browser and also via the internet.
              The HomeSeer Mobile app is only able to connect directly to HS by using the local LAN ip-address, without SSL. A dns-name is not working, and SSL is also not working, not locally and not via the internet. These are bugs also mentioned by other users and need to be fixed.
              The app has a lot of potential, but is unusable at this moment for direct connections.
              I want to know if this is going to be fixed. If not (if this app is dead) then I have to search for other solutions.
              Please e-mail homeseer support. It is not sure that this thread will be read by homeseer.

——
              John

Comment

Same here, I can only connect using my local IP, even though I can access the HS3 web page externally using hs3.mydomain.com, HS mobile chokes on domain name access. And to make it even worse, once I entered the local IP there appears to be no way to change it! What am I supposed to do, uninstall/reinstall to have an opportunity to edit the address?

Comment

Originally posted by lifespeed View Post

Same here, I can only connect using my local IP, even though I can access the HS3 web page externally using hs3.mydomain.com, HS mobile chokes on domain name access. And to make it even worse, once I entered the local IP there appears to be no way to change it! What am I supposed to do, uninstall/reinstall to have an opportunity to edit the address?
                  I have no problems with the DNS setup. I use it daily and it works great. There is no need to enter your local IP just your DNS address.
                  If you need to change the settings just go to the settings menu and click log out to change the connection settings. You then have to choose the third option of connect directly to enter your setup.

Greig.
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Since HS4 connecting with DNS is working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                      I have no problems with the DNS setup. I use it daily and it works great. There is no need to enter your local IP just your DNS address.
                      If you need to change the settings just go to the settings menu and click log out to change the connection settings. You then have to choose the third option of connect directly to enter your setup.
                      That may be, but absolutely does not prove HS3/HSmobile are without fault. I can access HS3 using a web browser on the same port, using the same domain name that I enter into HSmobile. Also, I notice in the "about" page HS is automatically grabbing IP addresses, but it grabs the IP for my VPN to an external service. I can, of course, turn off the VPN and restart HS3 so it picks up the local IPv4 address. But it still doesn't work.

Also it appears HS3 doesn't play well with IPv6. I have a dual-stack IPv6/IPv4 network, including resolving my domain name to the HS3 windows machine IPv6. Verizon Wireless is IPv6, so always comes through that way unless I force it by entering the external IPv4 NAT'd to HS3.

Edit: just confirmed with HS mobile (was using HSTouch previously). I can access externally by IPv4 number and NAT. Nothing happens using the domain name that resolves preferentially to IPv6 connecting to my IPv6 network. HS3 and HS mobile don't work with DNS and IPv6.

Comment

Since HS4 connecting with DNS is working for me.
                        Really, HS mobile network connectivity is fixed in HS4? I thought that was still fairly beta.

Comment

It is beta of course, but it is working for me.

Comment

It is beta of course, but it is working for me.
                            By any chance do you have an IPv6 network with the Homeseer machine receiving a globally-routable address using SLAAC and possibly prefix delegation as shown by ipconfig command and/or https://test-ipv6.com/? Does your domain name resolve to IPv6?

Comment

No, I use ipv4, but my HS VM is in a DMZ.
                              I use my firewall to direct to HS while on my internal lan.

Comment

Working...
                              X