Off on widget how to toggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off on widget how to toggle

On the ios mobile app I have a handful of off on switches they display the status OK but how do you toggle the switch?

I don't have the ios app, but on android I hold the widget until a menu pops up. Hit 'Edit Widget', scroll down and check the 'Use as toggle' box or 'Show Controls'.

Comment

I don't know how to operate the device switch from the dashboard either. I have a hard time believing that I have to open the device to operate a switch.

Comment

Once you edit the widget as instructed in post #2 above, it will function as an on/off toggle on a single-click, provided you also uncheck "confirm control".
        -Wade

Comment

There is also a Show Controls option which will enable/disable the On and Off buttons as well as the dim slider and other appropriate controls. If both this and the Use As Toggle option are unchecked a pop-up appears when selecting a widget.
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I am having a similar problem. I have a virtual device that I use to suspend the motion control of my garage lights. This virtual device is On/Off only. I can add it to the dashboard. But when I do, it briefly (1 second or so) shows the toggle switch that all of my other switch devices have, but then the toggle disappears. After that, I can only see status; no control. When I try to edit the widget, I see the following. Why is the control area red? On my other devices (some virtual) that area is blue.

I would like to modify this device to allow on off control from the widget.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 8.24.01 PM (002).png
Views:	294
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1359628

Comment

What does the Status Graphics screen look like on the device? Compare it to another device as well.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                What does the Status Graphics screen look like on the device? Compare it to another device as well.
                I assume you mean the Device Details screen? As expected, the controls section on the Garage device is missing, but it exists on one of the other devices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1359815

Comment

I mean from the HomeSeer web browser. From the Devices screen you select the device and get 3 tabs (more for some devices) in HomeSeer 3. One of the is Status Graphics. That shows controls and values for the device. These are not on the mobile app.
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                    I mean from the HomeSeer web browser. From the Devices screen you select the device and get 3 tabs (more for some devices) in HomeSeer 3. One of the is Status Graphics. That shows controls and values for the device. These are not on the mobile app.
                    Yes, I checked that. They are identical.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	42.8 KB ID:	1359921

Comment

Working...
                    X