Notifications to HSMobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifications to HSMobile?

Is it possible to send notifications to HSMobile that would ring/vibrate an Android phone? The application would be for Aeotec Z-wave doorbell and/or motion sensor.

You could use the Join API. https://joaoapps.com/join/

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
      You could use the Join API. https://joaoapps.com/join/
      I'm not looking to code a solution myself. I'm a user, not a developer.

Comment

The Pushover plugin is free and very easy to set up. The Pushover mobile app costs a few bucks but it's a one time purchase.

Comment

I use the HSBuddy app for notifications. It works pretty well but seems to close often. You might also try sending an email as a text.

Comment

+1 for Pushover

Comment

I thought Pushover was being discontinued?

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                I thought Pushover was being discontinued?
                Source?

I've not heard this and it would be a shame. I use Pushover heavily and have not seen anything regarding this on the website, blog, app release notes, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

Source?

I've not heard this and it would be a shame. I use Pushover heavily and have not seen anything regarding this on the website, blog, app release notes, etc...
                  Yes, that would be bad for me too. Their website doesn't say anything about shutting down.
                  https://www.pushover.net/

Comment

I believe Tillsy meant that the Pushover plugin will not be updated to HS4. It might work now, but no guarantees. From mrhappy:
                    IMPORTANT RE HS4

I have tested the HS3 plugin with HS4 version 4.0.0.19 and it appears to work OK (you will however have the HS3 configuration pages), not a great user experience but it does seem like it works.

At this present time it is unlikely that I will make a specific HS4 version, I'm not convinced that I will personally upgrade to HS4 anytme soon and as such have little incentive to upgrade the plugin to be a native HS4 one with their new SDK. I have also considered the intent of HS to implement their own push notifications into HS Mobile next year, this plugin may have had limited life going forward in any case. Keep in mind that HST can and likely will kill off parts of HS3 as HS4 develops so whilst it works in HS4 today there is no guarantee it will forever, indeed I would say it was more likely than not that it will suddenly die one day and you may get limited warning.

If you are intent on using the plugin with HS4 then please be advised that I can't support it and any help will be on a best effort basis. It will not include fixing any HS4 specific issues unless it has no impact on the HS3 version.

Comment

mrhappy , I understand the issues with updating the plugin to be HS4 native, but as someone who currently finds very little value in HS Mobile, I personally would continue to use Pushover even if Mobile gets its own notifications. As my single most often used plugin, I would happily pay new for an HS4 Pushover plugin, and I suspect many others would as well, if you were to set it up as a new plugin rather than an update....

regards,

Paul

Comment

Do note that in the worst case, you can always write a fairly simple script to use Pushover. I did that some time back on HS2.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                          mrhappy , I understand the issues with updating the plugin to be HS4 native, but as someone who currently finds very little value in HS Mobile, I personally would continue to use Pushover even if Mobile gets its own notifications. As my single most often used plugin, I would happily pay new for an HS4 Pushover plugin, and I suspect many others would as well, if you were to set it up as a new plugin rather than an update....

regards,

Paul
                          I appreciate the offer but the issue is not financial, the reason I don't charge for any of my plugins is the fact that charging introduces a level of headache I can do without, tax, my primary employer needs to OK it, expectation of support etc - unless I was going to get seven figures for something it really is little incentive!!

Unless HST break something with the HS3 plugin support in HS4 (which I am sure will cause more issues than just my plugin) then it should just work apart from the fact the config pages will look HS3-like, as that page is only accessed rarely it is a fairly big undertaking to update the whole plugin to the new API for very little gain.

Comment

Working...
                          X