No announcement yet.

Dashboards missing after upgrade to HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After going back to HS3, all my dashboards came back. I'm using the same MyHS user for HS4 and HS3.

Comment

Add me to the list. They were working with HS4, then they all disappeared. Guess I'll put in another ticket 🤬

Comment

What I have discovered is that if you use the exact user name and password in HS3 and HS4 and MyHS your dashboards will be there in the mobile app until the app restarts requiring a login or the machine reboots. As soon as the login happens anew a widgets jason file is made under the HS4 config on the device with nothing in it..

Comment

I'm connecting directly in my internal network.....nothing wiht myHS at all.

Comment

Ok I have to share this in case this helps anyone else.

I played around with this thing a lot tonight and I figured out what broke and how to work around it.

In my endeavor I tried uninstalling and reinstalling things, clearing the cache, setting up new users.

I even logged into to the app from my wife's phone to test, and it worked!

After playing around I discovered that it appears I added the login and password to my Google account. It saved it. Every time I would log in using the saved login information it would not work. I went into the Google account and deleted the app from the list, meaning it would be longer have that info. Went back up the app, logged in manually and BOOM, it found all my devices and events again!

Comment

Originally posted by dwg View Post
              The dashboards for HS3 are still in the mobile app however a config file- widgets.json exists for both HS3 and HS4. The HS4 file is blank. Without jailbreaking one cannot write to those folders/files. I would be a simple matter to move the widgets.json file. In a thread in the HS4 forum someone has done just that on a jailbroken iPhone and confirmed that it works. Since i don't want to jailbreak my devices I will wait until moving and backup are included in the app.
              Use Alt Store and filza escaped and you can access the filesystem on your unjailbroken device. That's how I migrated my dashboard this weekend after I lost it because I assigned a new IP address to my HS3 server. It was a pain in the *** but took less time than setting my dashboards up all over again.

And now for a little rant...
              HomeSeerMobile is a hot piece of garbage with absolutely no support or development going on. I absolutely cannot believe how many threads I read while going through this issue listing the same major (easy to fix) problems with the app that have gone unfixed for well over a year after fixes were promised!!

1. Can't connect via a DNS name. If I had been able to do this in the first place I never would have had a problem after changing my server IP. Absolutely ridiculous. Because this was broken I lost my config on IP change. Which leads to number 2.

2. Config is stored locally on device with no backup option. You don't even need to have some kind of proper backup to the server or MYHS solution for me to give you a pass on this. Make it a txt file export or even just a box that pops up that lets me copy the config txt out and one to paste it in to re-import! Anything is better than NOTHING!!

Needless to say I was already pissed after dealing with that mess. Then fast forward to today...

3. HTTPS support is garbage. I got my wildcard cert installed only to find that HS3 only supports some outdated SSL encryption and sees no reason to fix it because their go to answer for just about everything: MYHS. HomeSeer is supposed to be an alternative to all the cloud hosted crap out there. So while I understand the convenience of MYHS do not use it as a reason for not supporting or maintaining support for non-cloud features!! If HomeSeer goes belly up like everyone else we will have a local solution that isn't usable properly via remote connections because MYHS is dead and HomeSeer became to dependent on it. I was still pissed about the broken HTTPS support that people have been complaining about FOR YEARS but I had begun to accept the disappointment and go on about my day. Then I connected to my VPN and tried connecting to HSMobile......although the app has an option to connect to HTTPS it doesn't work. I have to disable the broken *** SSL completely in order to be able to use HSMobile.

I really do love HomeSeer but it's the little things that never ever get addressed and the empty promises that you see all over the forums that are years old that make me wonder if I would be better off jumping ship and moving to a hodge podge of open source stuff as my automation solution. I already run a ton of it alongside HomeSeer as it is. I expect to have to do that in order to interface with the latest and greatest using unofficial APIs and the like. What I don't expect is for the automation package that I chose to serve as the backone of my solution...the one that I paid good money for...to have so many lingering issues that the company has been made aware of and has made promises to fix but never does.

I haven't used HomeSeer 4 yet but I wonder how many of these issues have hung around and made the jump to the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by dwg View Post
                The dashboards for HS3 are still in the mobile app however a config file- widgets.json exists for both HS3 and HS4. The HS4 file is blank. Without jailbreaking one cannot write to those folders/files. I would be a simple matter to move the widgets.json file. In a thread in the HS4 forum someone has done just that on a jailbroken iPhone and confirmed that it works. Since i don't want to jailbreak my devices I will wait until moving and backup are included in the app.
                User Statikk found an alternate method that works for non jail broken devices.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...17#post1403517

Comment

It doesn’t appear that Fliza Escaped works currently on iOS 13.5.1 only up to 13.4

Comment

Oh damn didn’t notice that. I’m still on 13.4.1 so that explains it. I usually stay just a little behind.

i used HSbuddy for the first time last night and my first impression is turn around and run away from HSMobile and never ever look back. HSBuddy is the app that should have come from HomeSeer.

Comment

my dashboard is gone and I did not upgrade to hs4

Comment

I was already on HS4 and created new users for HS4 all was working until the other day i upgraded versions of HS4 and now no devices show up in the mobile app.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                          I was already on HS4 and created new users for HS4 all was working until the other day i upgraded versions of HS4 and now no devices show up in the mobile app.
                          Is you myHS user account updated to use your HS4 license and is your myHS account listed as a HS4 user account with admin + local access?
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

Is you myHS user account updated to use your HS4 license and is your myHS account listed as a HS4 user account with admin + local access?
                            Yeah I fixed mine by deleting and re adding the same user with the same password back to both myhs premium and each system. Problem was i can't delete the myhs premium account so i just changed the password then change it back.

Only problem is I think all the dashboards get removed now.

Comment

I've given up on HS Mobile and moved to HS Buddy- really great and actively being developed.

Comment

Wow Thanks guys!!! HsBuddy worked great! I might actually start using HS4.

Please Homeseer developers.. don't release a product (again) until basic things are fixed. Even my ticket to the tech went dark on me. I don't want this to be the last time I purchase in hopes of a better product only to find out I can't use it, but the track record now isn't looking too good.. I totally agree with Statikk that I do not want a cloud based product for the same reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X