Device controls not showing in dashboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device controls not showing in dashboards

For some reason, whenever I add a device to any dashboard, I cannot get the controls to be visible as they are in the devices tab. See examples below. Am I missing a setting? I'm running the latest Android version of HomeSeer Mobile on HS4 RC2.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Running into this same issue, can't view any secondary devices or their controls on the dash. At first I thought it was the column/row issue from HS3 but modifying those settings in HS4 made no difference. Plus it looks like a lot of the options that used to be in the status/graphics tab of the device properties are gone so I'm not even sure if those make a difference any more.

This worked fine with HS3.

Comment

I've found a kludgy workaround that works for now, you can add the secondary devices to your dashboard separately of the primary device but it takes up a lot of extra space compared to how this used to work. I've resorted to creating a few extra dashboards to refine things a bit more so that everything can fit on one screen without having to scroll, so significantly less than ideal since I now have to use 5 dashboards to accomplish what 3 could before.

Comment

Originally posted by FooSchnickens View Post
        I've found a kludgy workaround that works for now, you can add the secondary devices to your dashboard separately of the primary device but it takes up a lot of extra space compared to how this used to work. I've resorted to creating a few extra dashboards to refine things a bit more so that everything can fit on one screen without having to scroll, so significantly less than ideal since I now have to use 5 dashboards to accomplish what 3 could before.
        That workaround worked for me as well, but less than ideal as I would then have to add 5 widget to have all the functions of one device. This should still be fixed from HomeSeer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi all, new to Homeseer and the mobile app. I am experiencing the same issue where the controls do not show up. Is this intended behavior or I am missing something?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2F2FBD7B-6C1A-4D8A-B3C8-314BF223C690.png
Views:	562
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	1437280

Comment

About a week ago controls disappeared from my dashboard widgets. No updates have been done that I'm aware of and things have been fine forever. I tried deleting and re-adding a widget. No joy.

Any clue?
            Regards,
            Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

This has just happened to me too. Deleting the device and readding has made no difference. Any suggestions?
              Malcolm

Comment

I deleted the who dashboard and re-added all the devices to a new one. That worked. Bit of a pain. Would be nice to know why it happened?
                Malcolm

Comment

All my lighting controls have disappeared from HSMobile too. I tried creating an additional dashboard and adding light controls to it but they don’t show up with controls either. I have to go into devices and control from there.

I have a zee 2 running HS 3.

Since I apparently am not the only one with a similar problem has anyone found a solution or gotten any information from Homeseer tech support.

Comment

This is an old thread but I've had this issue and found one possible solution.
                    I had a device with a HomeSeer Mobile widget that I removed from HomeSeer using the web interface. On launching HomeSeer Mobile I got 'no controls for device' on everything... Until I deleted the widget for that removed device. After I did that and restarted HomeSeer Mobile it all worked perfectly.
                    Hope that helps someone!

Comment

Thank you Chris! That was my circumstances too and deleting the removed device brought the controls back. 😀
                      Malcolm

Comment

Working...
                      X