HS Mobile - Direct Connect & MyHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Mobile - Direct Connect & MyHS

Looking for feedback about whether the app is capable of making a "smart" decision based on whether you are connected to your local network vs. being away from home. It woudl appear that you have to make a choice when setting up the app, but wanted to find out if the app can work in an either-or fashion...

I

Not from what I can tell. I normally use a VPN when I'm out of the house but I've done some testing with MyHS. If set to direct, that's all it tries. In other words, it tries to connect to that IP address no matter what network you are on. If you set it to MyHS, it goes to MyHS and back to your network through your firewall. If I disable outbound traffic at my firewall MyHS can't connect, even when my phone is on the same local network.

Comment

It can work both locally and when you are away. However, it doesn't seem to switch automatically. Whenever I came back home I first had to close the app and start it again before it would connect. I ended up using a VPN connection when away.

Comment

Working...
      X