Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User permission adjustable

Hello-
    Is there a way to select the individual events a user can access via HS Mobile? I have users that need only a few items to access and not the entire list...

thanks
    Jason

No, certainly not built in. Can't think of a way to do it, either. It seems most HS resources, be they on the console, HSTouch, or HSMobile are intended as an all or nothing kind of access. In HSTouch you may be able to limit what events and devices are on a particular user's screen, so they can't invoke others but it would involved editing and managing multiple profiles.

Comment

User access can be set for devices, but not for events as far as I’m aware. A possible workaround would be to create users without event access, then trigger your events by virtual devices that have the appropriate user access set.

Comment

Teladog1-
        How do you set the devices per user?
        Thanks-
        Jason

Comment

Teladog1 is onto something there. For devices, it's on the device's config screen here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Device User Access.png
Views:	68
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1436711

I was really just thinking in terms of events. While there is not a similar access control setting in events, I did find a script function that might help.

https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/s...ebloggedinuser

You could have your events call scripts, then use the webloggedinuser function to verify the user and drop out of the event logic if the user is not permitted. It would be arduous to do this for every event, but if Teladog1's method doesn't address every situation, this may be a new place to experiment at the event level. I don't know if this logic translates to HSMobile and HSTouch, but I think they use the weblogin just like the web pages.

I'm trying to think of a way a plugin might allow you to do this in a more centralized way. For example, a plugin inventories all the events, allows you to assign access rights to them individually or in groups, then either evaluates before running events or at least has a trigger you can put into the "IF LoggedInUser Has Permission" right in your event conditions.

Comment

This may work for what I am doing using a virtual device to trigger an event. I do want specific events triggered based on the specific user...

Comment

Working...
            X