Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GlennWo
    replied
    Same problem here. I just purchased the new Samsung Galaxy S21 and I can't find any way of getting dashboards for my three HomeSeer installations from my old phone over to the new one. Seems that data migration between phones should be a core capability now days but seems to be missing in HomeSeer Mobile. Not looking forward to having to recreate all of these from scratch. I have HSTouch on all three systems as well but like the interface and simplicity of HomeSeer Mobile for the basic controls.

Any pointers or words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• cody
    replied
    I can't see spending $300 on HS Touch Designer, which appears to be the gateway to using the HS Touch client. And, it's overkill for the average person who just wants their basic dashboards on mobile.

I'm not sure how the HS product management team is measuring customer sat, but from the posts I read about HS Touch Designer, it's not keeping up.

I've joined the HomeSeer customer community, and I'd like to help the HomeSeer build better product through leveraging an active customer base. With competitors like Samsung and open source like Home Assistant, Hubitat, etc. HomeSeer's management should be taking steps to up their game.

I'm here to help, and my recommendations reflect much of the sentiment I've been reading in the fairly active forums.

Leave a comment:

• dzee
    replied
    Even if fhey fixed this, the Mobile app and hugecamounts of space for just a handful of devices per screen is silliness. I'll stick with HS Touch.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• drhtmal
    replied
    Originally posted by cody View Post
    Well, let's get a chorus going....
    If HomeSeer had a dollar for every time this feature has been requested they could probably have hired an additional developer to add the feature.

Leave a comment:

• cody
    replied
    I've created a Jira (HS-CS-4911) for this request. Others may be able to track it. Here's the screen shot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jira HSCS-4911.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	1447630

Leave a comment:

• cody
    replied
    So, HomeSeer folks: what is the process for submitting an enhancement, tracking it in your product roadmap, and seeing it make it into a future release? How can I help?

Leave a comment:

• cody
    replied
    Well, let's get a chorus going. I don't know how product enhancements are prioritized with the folks who develop HS, but if they want to become best-of-breed, they have the likes of Samsung and others whose dashboard management is superior.

The good thing here is HS Mobile has a great footing. But, it looks like a product that's gone stagnant. Let's help the HS folks make it better and catch-up to (and run past) the competition, shall we?

Leave a comment:

• dzee
    replied
    This appears to be the most sought after update, but its been a year since I fist got HSMobile and it still hasnt materialized.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• cody
    started a topic Export/Import and Manage Dashboards Better

Export/Import and Manage Dashboards Better

Hi. Two days into using the HS Mobile, and I need to understand how to manage dashboards or to make a feature request.

I've lost my dashboards twice, and now that I understand they are stored locally on the device in a directory I can't access makes me a bit confused.

If this exists, please point me to the documentation. If not, it's a feature request:

Here's the product feature request:
    -- Provide an Export/Import feature to allow creating one dashboard and sharing it

I can think of many ways to do this, including having a mobile section in HS4 where they can be stored and published.

I can give details, if you'd like them. Use case:

1. Create dashboard for someone else in the family to use.
    2. Provide access ONLY to those widgets and menus you want them to have.
    3. Publish that menu for the user and manage it through user access in HS4 (maybe this goes into HS5).
Working...
X