Homeseer Mobile will not connect directly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Mobile will not connect directly

HSMobile thru myHS works fine, but I cannot get it to connect directly when on my local network.

I've entered the same IP I use when on my laptop.
    port: I saw in my browser history a "xxx:911" so I put 911 in for the port
    I've tried entering the same user/password as my myHS as well as creating a new one. Neither works.

Ideally it would use directly when on my WiFi and myHS when away from home and seamlessly switch between the two.

Any help is appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
      HSMobile thru myHS works fine, but I cannot get it to connect directly when on my local network.

I've entered the same IP I use when on my laptop.
      port: I saw in my browser history a "xxx:911" so I put 911 in for the port
      I've tried entering the same user/password as my myHS as well as creating a new one. Neither works.

Ideally it would use directly when on my WiFi and myHS when away from home and seamlessly switch between the two.
      I'm still a hack at this, so take it for what it's worth, but can we assume you have done the following:
      SETUP -> NETWORK -> MyHS Remote Access Settings: Enable remote access through MyHS service ... is checked?

Jim Speiser
      38-year veteran of Home Automation
      Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post

I'm still a hack at this, so take it for what it's worth, but can we assume you have done the following:
        SETUP -> NETWORK -> MyHS Remote Access Settings: Enable remote access through MyHS service ... is checked?
        It is checked. But I am trying to connect directly on my local network, and not thru MyHS. Using MyHS works, but have local devices that I would like to connect.

Comment

It is checked. But I am trying to connect directly on my local network, and not thru MyHS. Using MyHS works, but have local devices that I would like to connect.
          Yeah, you can safely ignore me, I completely spaced that. But I do believe there is SOMETHING in SETUP that needs to be checked for local login. Password not required, maybe? ...Or have you solved this already?

Jim Speiser
          38-year veteran of Home Automation
          Still don't know squat

Comment

The myHS account should work locally just as it does remotely. Is this not working for you?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              The myHS account should work locally just as it does remotely. Is this not working for you?
              It does. But I thought I could set up local accounts for other users. Such as daughter and wife, and give them only devices they need.

Comment

Port 911 isn't correct. That's the "maintenance page".

Default port is 80 (http). Try that first.

Added: look for "Server port" on the Network tab of the Setup page.

Comment

Setup>Network
                  >Web Server setting: Server port is set to 80
                  >Remote Control Settings >Control Port (Default is 11000) > this is set to 11000
                  >> Speaker Clients >Network Port (Default 10401) > this is set to 10401

To clairfy, in case I have not. I'm trying to set up user accounts for others to use, just while on the local network.

Comment

Setup>Network
                    >Web Server setting: Server port is set to 80
                    So the port number to use is 80. IP address is that of the HS server.

Comment

Make sure you're trying to connect via local IP and not hostname. Hostname does not work on the iOS app. (Not sure about android) Also if you have HomeSeer's broken garbage implementation of https enabled HomeSeer Mobile will not connect to it despite there being a checkbox for it on the app. Cool right?

Comment

revisiting this. It is still not working.
                        in fact, If I am on wifi, it it will not work with MyHS login or "connect directly."

The only way I can connect is to turn my wifi off on my phone (iOS), and then use MyHS.

Comment

Try this...

Log into homeseer from your PC. Go to Tools > Setup > Network

Make sure the following are checked:
                          Enable Server for Remote Access
                          No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch) - You can change this later if you don't want to allow local login without password but for testing just check it.

Make sure "Server Port (80=default)" is set to 80. If not you will need to specify the port shown here in HSMobile

In HSMobile tap System in the upper left.
                          If you see the "Log Out" option at the bottom tap that.
                          On the next page tap "Connect Directly".
                          Type in the IP of your HomeSeer PC (not hostname/computername it MUST be the IP address)
                          Type in the port number that was on the setup page if it was anything other than 80
                          Do not turn on "HTTPS" or "Remember Me", do not type in a "Username" or "Password"
                          Tap "Log In"

If this hasn't connected you then you might want to verify the internal IP address of your PC

Comment

Originally posted by Statikk View Post
                            Try this...

Log into homeseer from your PC. Go to Tools > Setup > Network

Make sure the following are checked:
                            Enable Server for Remote Access ( I do not see this anywhere on the page)
                            The only thing I see that is close is "Enable Remote Access through MyHS Service" and it is checked

I have tried the "connect directly" on the app. I am entering the same IP that I enter on my browser to access my ZeeS2
                            I entered Port 80

Nothing

Comment

Are you able to access the HS web interface by entering your HS IP into your phone's web browser while connected to wifi? If it's not coming up it's possible your windows firewall is causing problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X