Homeseer Mobile will not connect directly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Statikk View Post
    Are you able to access the HS web interface by entering your HS IP into your phone's web browser while connected to wifi? If it's not coming up it's possible your windows firewall is causing problems.
    Thank you for the idea. I am not able to access it from my iPhone Safari browser, when I enter the IP (and am on wifi on my network)

But I do not understand what a windows firewall would have to do with iPhone connecting to my Homeseer system (ZeeS2)

Comment

Sorry for some reason my brain wasn't clicking with the ZeeS2 being a Pi. Definitely not Windows firewall! I run HS on a Windows box so I always go that way when I'm troubleshooting. Anything change in the environment lately? New modem/router, reset modem/router to defaults, installed a HS update? Are you on HS3 or 4?

Comment

I recently reloaded HS4, but this thread was started before the reload. I reloaded last week. This has been an ongoing problem. No change in routers, modems, etc.

Comment

How about multiple WiFi networks? Maybe your phone connected to your guest network? If that’s not it I’m running short of ideas. 😂 I would open a support ticket.

Comment

It seems to be working now. I'm not sure what changed. Maybe it was on wrong network, like you mentioned.

Comment

But one of my Users will not show any devices. I only have a few devices assigned to that user, but none are showing up. Other users seem to be working properly

Edit: I figured this out as well... Apparently, when connecting directly, when you have wrong password, it looks like it is connected but does not show any devices, etc. Corrected password and it works.

Comment

Working...
              X