Direct Connect Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Connect Error

In the prior HS Touch app I always connected local. With HomeSeer mobile I have never been able to (now always connect through myHS). Hope someone can help. I can connect locally on my iPad or iPhone using the web browser. When I try with the HomeSeer Mobile on the same device, I get the error The System is not responding. Please check your connection and try again. I checked the Webserver log and HS Touch login log there are no invalid login attempts shown (I have a HomeTroller Zee, HS3). My iPad/iPhone are on the same WiFi as the HomeTroller. I have tried all the combinations of accounts and passwords that are valid for the HomeTroller. HomeSeer says it is likely a network problem like a firewall, but I do not know how to diagnose. HS Touch worked, the web browser works, but not HomeSeer Mobile. Maybe I should download HS Touch again for local connection?

The solution is that the app needs permission to find devices on the local network from IOS. On the iPhone, this can be set through the IOS settings, touch the HomeSeer Mobile app and toggle the local network slide. On an iPad, delete the app and reinstall. the first time you try to direct connect you will be asked to grant permission.
    Last edited by BeenHeavyinFlorida; September 17, 2021, 08:25 PM. Reason: Solved

I've had connect errors. Using an IPhone I can't connect direct direct with HS Mobile or HS local (192.168.1.XXX) WiFI signal is strong and shows connected. If I go into Settings on the IPhone and just turn off WIFI and right back on it will connects with HS Local Webpage and HS Mobile. Thinking this is an IPhone issue and nothing to do with HS?

Comment

In the app, at top left click on System. On this screen click logout. On the login screen is option to connect directly.

Comment

Working...
      X