No announcement yet.

Lack of Support, Enhancements, and updates for HomeSeer Mobile in light of HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of Support, Enhancements, and updates for HomeSeer Mobile in light of HS4

I finally had to ditch my ImperiHome app as its no longer carried by Apple App Store.. Along with finally switching to HS4, So looked at what's available to display my HS devices, events and information and found most of them DOA and thought I'd give the HS Mobile app a try. After the minor learning curve of place devices was relatively straight forward but....
    1) App doesn't allow user to custom place and lock objects within the Dashboards its automated flow which at times looks discombobulated.
    2) App doesn't allow user to save master dashboards to be used on other iPads, iPhones or Android platforms - Make once use many times
    3) Would be nice if devices objects could be grouped together e.g. control and timer with addable user titles
    4) Would be nice if user could change the color of each device for visual effects
    5) Would be nice if user could format Informational devices instead of one long string that isn't wrapped but disappears off of the device panel
    6) As we're using Homeseer platform why can't we create these Dashboards within HS4 to be displayable ether within HS4 or HS Mobile (see comment #2)

Surely I can not be the only HS owner satisfied with the Oct 22, 2018 release as its 2021 rapidly moving to 2022 and as I make mention in the title I do not see any user request(s), if I'm wrong please advise or if there is a better mobile solution again please advise
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

HSTile (Jon00)
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...ce-for-hs3-hs4

Comment

Personally I like HSMobile but HSBuddy is a great alternative. I use both- HSBuddy has geofencing, which I've coupled to virtual switches and it works flawlessly for us. The lack of sharing of HSMobile dashboards is a big con, though. HSBuddy does allow sharing.

Comment

Although not really an answer if you have an android, I use Homebridge as the front end of everything HomeSeer and it works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I vote to give hsbuddy a try. It has its quirks but overall works really nice. Push notifications work great and nice to be able to customize actions on them. Dashboard sharing also works great.

I honestly don't know how it is still a free plugin and app, he should be paid for his work on it. Or homeseer should enable him as the official homeseer mobile app I feel.

Comment

Is it still possible to create a HSTouch application to be used with HS4? Can I migrate my existing HSTouch app to HS4?

Thanks.
            Robert

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
              Is it still possible to create a HSTouch application to be used with HS4? Can I migrate my existing HSTouch app to HS4?

Thanks.
              Robert
              I used HS Touch with HS3 and continued without issue after upgrading to HS4. HS Touch being a separate application that interfaces with HS, I don't believe it cares which version of HS is running and no migration is needed.
              -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post

Thanks.
                Robert
                The current HSTouch version is still supported in HS4. There's been talk of a re-design for HS4 and the likelihood of the file format not being compatible with the current version but so far, we haven't seen the HS4 version.

You may also want to take a look at The Home Remote (https://thehomeremote.com/). They have a HomeSeer integration. The designer is Free as is the Basic app for IOS and Android. The Basic app is fully functional but with a banner at the bottom asking you to upgrade to the Pro version. The Pro version is a $4.99 In-App purchase.
                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                X