Mobile app not showing device name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile app not showing device name

Homeseer Mobile seems to not show the device name.

As we all know – for each device there’s a Floor, Room, Device name and Feature. (recognizing that we can re-name the labels ‘Floor’ and ‘Room’.)

I have a device where the Floor/Room/Device name/Feature is First Floor / Entry / Overhead Light / Switch , respectively.

The Mobile app shows First Floor – Entry. And then has ‘Switch’. No device. Which is very confusing on what device it actually is.

Now, I can re-name the feature ‘switch’ to be ‘Overhead light switch’. Which would solve the problem for the mobile part. But then when creating events via the web browser, I’d get something like:
    Set Device:
    First floor entry overhead light overhead light switch to ON.

Which is clunky, IMHO.

Am I missing something in the mobile app? Any clever workarounds?

(BTW - there's a similar thing in log entries, where it does not show the device name either. But from what I read in a post, it's on the list to fix that bug.)

Same issue, I am seeing it with my Zooz ZEN26/71 light switches. Other devices seem to be fine. any idea how to fix this?
    Attached Files

Comment

You will want to name your switch child device something a bit more descriptive.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I disagree,

If I am the feature device "Sink Lights Switch" instead of "switch" then the full anme of the device will appear as "1st Floor Bathroom Sink Lights Sink Lights Switch. While renaming the feature will address my mobile app issue, it will make creating events and voice activations aawkward.

I seem to only have this issue with my Zooz devices. (Zen26 & 71). I sure we have an under the hood fix for this, im jsut not sure where. I have double and tripple checked. Nothing is hidden from the mobile views, and all of the features are set to disaplay.

HS provides four (4) fields that make up a full name.
        • Location 2
        • Location 1
        • Device Name
        • Feature Name

Here is a Jasco switch for my basement bathroom. you can see that it displays the Device name and the feature names
        Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	111
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	1573000

Here is the same Jasco switch in thew web UI

Name:	4.png
Views:	75
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1572998

Now here is my Zooz light switch in the moble app. Its not displaying the Device name. Instead, it shows Location2, Location1, Feature Name.

Name:	2.png
Views:	112
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1573003
        ​Here is the same Zooz switch in the Web UI. Here you can see that the device name is presant.

Name:	1.png
Views:	73
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1572999
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X