Constant Log Entries while logged in with HomeSeer Mobile App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant Log Entries while logged in with HomeSeer Mobile App

I recently upgraded my Zee S2 to HS4. I've noticed that when I log into my system using the HomeSeer Mobile App, the log starts filling up with "Web Server authorized login successful from: XXX.XXX.XXX.106 User: XXXXXXX". It logs this every two seconds until I close the Mobile App. I've tried it on both my iPhone and iPad. A restart didn't fix it either. Not sure what else to try!

I am seeing this also. The log is full of this same message every 5 seconds.

Comment

Try the settings under Setup -> Network

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	113
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1539866
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

There is no setup in the HomeSeer Mobile app. Where are you seeing this? I am using HS3 and an android tablet running the HomeSeer Mobile app.

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
          There is no setup in the HomeSeer Mobile app. Where are you seeing this? I am using HS3 and an android tablet running the HomeSeer Mobile app.
          Sorry - my screenshot is from HS4. In HS3, there should be a similar setting under Network
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I found this in the HS3 setup "Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images". I didn't have it checked. I checked it and re-booted HS3 and the message is still showing up in the log every 5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
              I found this in the HS3 setup "Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images". I didn't have it checked. I checked it and re-booted HS3 and the message is still showing up in the log every 5 seconds.
              You'll want to reset that as this has nothing to do with the issue you are encountering. The same options that Rob listed above are found in HS3 under Tools > Setup > Network tab > Web Server Settings
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was able to stop the logging by unchecking "Log Remote Logins". My android tablet is not using the same network in the house that the HS3 server is on, so it is a "Remote Login" not a "Local Login. I would rather have some other way to block the logging of android tablet but it doesn't look like that's possible. Maybe it can be done in HS4??

If I put the android tablet on the same network as the HS server, I could then continue to log remote logins and not log local logins. I could then put a filter on my Mikrotik router to restrict access to the android tablet except from the HS server. I believe this problem began with the recent upgrade to HS Mobile.

There is a setting in HomeSeer Mobile called "Auto-Refresh". When this is checked the log shows the tablet logging in to the HS server every 5 seconds. When it is unchecked it doesn't. If I uncheck the Auto-Refresh and then restart the app it returns with the "Auto-Refresh" checked. It looks like the only reliable way to solve this is either changing the HS3 Setup settings and/or router settings.

Comment

Why is it not possible to turn off the Auto-Refresh option? Why is the option there, if it can't be turned off? If I turn it off and restart the app, it shows that it is on. If I turn it off on the Dashboard screen and then go to the device screen and back again, it is back on. It's impossible to turn it off and have it stay that way

Comment

Working...
                  X