Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer Mobile Connection Error - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Mobile Connection Error - Solved!

New user getting Insteon back to life. I'm trying out the trial HS4 on my PC and have been successful in adding a few devices through the web interface. I've installed the Android Homeseer mobile app and can't get it to connect. When I hit the login button, in show a "logging in" status, follow by a "connecting to system" status, then a second later pops up an error box "Error unexpected err. Please try again. An unexpected network error has occured. Failed to connect to / 192.168.XXX.XXX:80. Has anyone seen this or have any advice on what the problem would be. I've retried several times. Note: I downloaded HSBuddy and am able to log in with that app.

I'd recommend putting in a support ticket on this and they can get you sorted:
    https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Are you logging in with your HS4 username that matches your myHS username?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I opened a ticket, but finally figured out it was something specific to my phone the app was on. I tried installing the app on another phone and was able to connect so I uninstalled the app from the phone it wasn't working on, rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app. Presto, it worked! I had already tried clearing the cache, and uninstalling / reinstalling the app, but I had not done a reboot.

Comment

Working...
      X