SEL won't restart after extended power outages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEL won't restart after extended power outages

We've had two extended power outages recently and despite being on a UPS, the SEL powered down and in both cases wouldn't power up on its own when power was restored. It's a vacation property so we've had to have our homewatch people press the power button on the SEL to get it to reboot which is a bit of a pain. It's running firmware version 3.0.0.435. Suggestions?

Does it have a CMOS battery that might be depleted? I had to replace the battery on my Hometroller S6 after about a year and a half.

After replacing the battery, all the BIOS settings are reset to default, so I had to re-enable automatic startup upon power-up in the BIOS setup.

(Too bad, I had a post with instructions and pictures showing the disassembly and replacement process. That forum got deleted in the upgrade).

Comment

Good suggestion, I'll check that for sure...

Comment

Just to provide an end-note to this thread. The Homeseer SEL indeed has a 2032 CMOS battery that was obviously no longer doing its job. I replaced it and modified the BIOS settings (by pressing DEL during reboot) to auto power-on and it now works as expected. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the update. Reminds me that I should tear into my unit soon to check how the replacement battery is holding out. Is now around the same duration where the original one gave out!

Comment

I purchased my controller in 2013 so it likely failed somewhere between the 4th and 5th year

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X