HS3 stops running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 stops running

I purchased a Hometroller S6Pro about 2 weeks ago. Twice now I've had my automation stop working (simple motion detector controlled lights). When I try to access HS3 via web page it does not respond. I remotely login (using TeamViewer) and find that windows 10 is running, but not HS3. Starting HS3 bring it up without a problem. How do I determine why it stopped? HS3's log starts over when it starts up, and I can't find anything in Windows Event Viewer to explain it.

The logging is continuous, it's the filter at the top of the log web page that gets a new start date entered when you restart. So open the filter drop down and set and older start date and you will see what happened in the previous shutdown.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I looked at the earlier log messages. No error shown, but last log entry was a status message from the SurveilanceStation plug-in. I disabled that and I'll see if that solves the problem.

Comment

I have the exact same problem, I purchased my S6 about a month ago. It seems to only stay up and running for a couple of days then it just quits. When I remote into the controller, Windows 10 seems fine, but HS is not running. I just simply run it again to get things back again...but I use the system a lot from the HSTouch locally and remotely and this is a huge inconvenience. Any thoughts on what is causing this? Here is my log showing the last event at 7:32am and me manually starting it back up at 7:22pm:
        Dec-06 7:22:43 PM Startup
        Dec-06 7:22:43 PM Startup ************************************************************ ********************
        Dec-06 7:22:43 PM Startup HomeSeer version 3.0.0.435 Edition: HS3 Pro Starting Now
        Dec-06 7:22:43 PM Startup ************************************************************ ********************
        Dec-06 7:22:43 PM Startup
        Dec-06 7:22:43 PM Startup Settings Loaded.
        Dec-06 7:32:19 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Camera Outlet Watts Set to 4.118 (4.118 Watts)
        Dec-06 7:32:19 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Camera Outlet Amperes Set to 0.078 (0.078 Amperes)
        Dec-06 7:31:39 AM DirecTV INFO CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.13:8080/info/mode?clientAddr=0
        Dec-06 7:30:29 AM Z-Wave Device: 2nd Floor Master Bedroom Operating State Set to Operating State 4
        Dec-06 7:30:26 AM Z-Wave Device: 2nd Floor Master Bedroom Temperature Set to 66 (F)
        Dec-06 7:30:19 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Camera Outlet Watts Set to 3.996 (3.996 Watts)
        Dec-06 7:30:19 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Camera Outlet Amperes Set to 0.079 (0.079 Amperes)
        Dec-06 7:28:19 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Camera Outlet Watts Set to 3.977 (3.977 Watts)

Comment

I would look at the Windows Event Viewer to see if it has any errors. I’m guessing it’s a .NET issue. Since it is new, I would also call them and log the issue with them. They should be able to help troubleshoot over the phone.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Happened again a couple of weeks ago (so not surveillance station). Log showed out-of-memory errors. Another forum post implicated the gmail handler. So I unchecked gmail. No problems since.

Comment

My unit that I purchased just a few weeks ago as well just randomly shuts down HS3 as well. I dont have enough fingers to count the number of times it's happened. I'm not very impressed with the robustness so far. I have to check it constantly to make sure its running. Seems to be every 2 to 3 days. Windows 10 is running just fine. Whenever I have checked the event viewer there is nothing in there to indicate what happened. Out of frustration last night I installed HS3 .478 up from .430 to see if it would resolve the issue. Then this morning I noticed that my xmas lights were still on. That event has always worked fine, now this morning it didn't. I'll continue to monitor, but this is getting old fast.

Comment

If it's new, I would call HS support and have them resolve it.
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by James Fletcher View Post
                  My unit that I purchased just a few weeks ago as well just randomly shuts down HS3 as well. I dont have enough fingers to count the number of times it's happened. I'm not very impressed with the robustness so far. I have to check it constantly to make sure its running. Seems to be every 2 to 3 days. Windows 10 is running just fine. Whenever I have checked the event viewer there is nothing in there to indicate what happened. Out of frustration last night I installed HS3 .478 up from .430 to see if it would resolve the issue. Then this morning I noticed that my xmas lights were still on. That event has always worked fine, now this morning it didn't. I'll continue to monitor, but this is getting old fast.
                  Hi James
                  Did you get a resolution to this?
                  I have had the exact same issue and after a few email back and forth with support they think the problem is in the Windows installation that came on the box. They’re sending me a new disk image to install.
                  Öystein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had this same problem since I purchased HS3 Pro and S6 over a year ago. HS first said it was probably a plug in so they couldn't help me. Ran just the Z-Wave plug in and problem still persisted. Then HS sent a new image stating the problem may be the windows updater. Even with that, windows updater still runs. I disabled it and the problem still happens. I don't like that this is sold on a system that MUST run the updater but can function with the updated running. I am about at my wits end. Several contacts with Tech Support including another one tonight. Feels like they just give up and stop responding to me. Hopefully someone on this thread figures something out (been looking for this thread for a looooong time). The one saving grace is that HS Sentry will restart HS. I have other issues, however, with items that may not start successfully so truly unsupervised operation is not feasible for me.....my alarm system is left swinging in the wind once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X