X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by weslsew View Post
    So Monday night I plugged the ethernet back in and it has ran fine until last night it just lost connection. Now its back to doing the same thing - unplug ethernet and plug back in, it responds to pings for about a minute and then nothing. The lights on the port and on the switch remain on and remain showing gigabit link. Is there a log that might indicate why the connection is dropping? The really intermittent nature seems like a hardware issue to me
    I'd recommend putting in a help desk ticket on this if this is a relatively new unit as it could be a bad network card or network settings. Email support@homeseer.com for assistance.

Leave a comment:

• weslsew
    replied
    So Monday night I plugged the ethernet back in and it has ran fine until last night it just lost connection. Now its back to doing the same thing - unplug ethernet and plug back in, it responds to pings for about a minute and then nothing. The lights on the port and on the switch remain on and remain showing gigabit link. Is there a log that might indicate why the connection is dropping? The really intermittent nature seems like a hardware issue to me

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Try going to the BIOS and disabling power savings features. Here my Ubuntu laptops will suspend if I do not make proper adjustments. Just a guess.

If you are using a desktop you can also adjust power settings there.

Is this a new SEL? If it is then just call Homeseer about it maybe?

Leave a comment:

• weslsew
    started a topic SEL intermittent ethernet

SEL intermittent ethernet

I've just started having what seems to be intermittent ethernet connectivity with my SEL. First thing was to try a different ethernet cable and a different port on the switch. When I first plug the SEL into the switch, it connects to the network and works fine for a few minutes, but then stops responding to pings. I've notice that just randomly later trying to ping it, that I may get a response here and there with a very high response time. I've tried a few different ethernet cables and different switch ports. Is it possible that the ethernet controller in the SEL is going bad?
Working...
X