Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cannot seem to find my Hometroller S6 on the network.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot seem to find my Hometroller S6 on the network.

I followed the instructions, to the letter. Connected the Hometroller to the router, plugged it in, went to a computer on the network "http://find.homeseer.com" and this is what I see. Does anyone have any ideas? I did use Chrome.
    Attached Files

Do you see an ipAddress assigned to this hardware in your router? Do you have any firewalls that could be blocking access to your server?
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Do you know if the hardware identifies itself as HomeSeer? I don’t see HomeSeer.

Comment

OK...I do see it. It is at IP 192.168.1.11 and identified as HometrollerS.

Comment

If you key this ipaddress into Chrome do you see the HS3 GUI?
          πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

No...I tried that

Comment

Can you ping the HS box from the PC?

You could always hook up a monitor and keyboard to the server and log in to do more diagnostic work.

Comment

If the unit is booting properly which I suspect it is, then it's most likely a firewall or anti-virus package blocking access to your device.

Comment

The firewall on the router is off. There is no antivirus program on the computer (Mac). At present I don't have a monitor to attach to the unit. Will a standard USB monitor work?

Comment

Also, I tried reseting the router. Now the Hometroller no longer appears as attached?

Comment

I guess I'll have to buy a portable monitor, keyboard and mouse. Not the end of the world, but I don't see any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by gschwob View Post
                        I guess I'll have to buy a portable monitor, keyboard and mouse. Not the end of the world, but I don't see any other way.
                        You might check craigslist. Small, older monitors are almost worthless and disposed of by businesses upgrading their PCs. If you were nearby I'd happily give you one!
                        -Wade

Comment

I appreciate it Wade, but San Antonio is a bit of a hike...lol. Do you know if a USB monitor will work?

Comment

It's an HDMI connection and you can event connect it to most newer TV's.

Comment

Originally posted by gschwob View Post
                              I appreciate it Wade, but San Antonio is a bit of a hike...lol. Do you know if a USB monitor will work?
                              Never used a USB monitor so don't know what it takes to make it work. Rupp's suggestion of connecting to a TV is a good one, if you have one handy.
                              -Wade

Comment

Working...
                              X