Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set a fixed IP address in SEL with either HS3 or HS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set a fixed IP address in SEL with either HS3 or HS4?

Replacing failed Zee with new SEL. Zee had fixed IP address on the LAN, and I used that. In the brief time that HS4 partially worked on the new SEL, I could not find a way to set the SEL to a fixed IP address. Is there a way to do that with HS4?

Does this also work in the latest HS3 [which I did years before before on the zee]? I used this fixed IP with homeseer mobile and this worked well. I do NOT need, and did not set up, MYHS on the old zee, and would probably not use that on the SEL/HS3or4 either - the fixed LAN IP worked well and gives a bit more security/privacy. Does homeseer mobile work OK with HS4/fixed IP?

Are there potential problems in using a fixed IP with HS4, since the ability to easily set that up seems to be missing? Don't want to start a new set of problems - got enough already. 🙂🙂

Best bet would be to set a reserved address in your router if possible.
    If not:
    https://www.swiftstack.com/docs/inst...0subnet%20mask

Comment

Thanks for the router suggestion! Years ago I set it in the Zee and was still thinking that way. 🙂 But I have a new router since then and it looks like I can do that if I have a MAC address, which shows in the router. I assume the SEL will allow that...
      Appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
      X